Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 120
  1. #61
    Premium Member Vermin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Set twerking dizzy.
    Posts
    5,218
    Rep Power
    53
    Rep Level
    10960
    The thought of that proposal makes me ill. Thank satan that koc is not the buffoon some thinks he is.

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    508
    Rep Power
    18
    Rep Level
    784
    Would you trade any combo of the core 4 for rondo? Who thinks any of the core 4 will become as good as Rondo? With 4 in the bullpen, what are the chances that one of the 4 will be? Still not high chance in my opinion. Rondo must be bigger head case than i know if he truly is being shopped - or some other non-basketball-skill issue. Big Stars get traded, as we all know, but that is becuase they have indicated to not re-up. Some years ago the Grantland dude (i think it was him) wrote that there are only 10ish players that matter in the whole NBA - true franchise players. These guys can make you a contender. to get championship level, there are only 1-5 around. Where is Rondo on that list and what is it worth to get him? I guess i think of that is purely rhetorical question becuase i just can't see him staying in Utah after being in Boston. (Unless he thrived on huntin' and fishin', driving in 18wheelers and talking a lot in the 3rd person.)

  3. #63
    Premium Member Vermin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Set twerking dizzy.
    Posts
    5,218
    Rep Power
    53
    Rep Level
    10960
    We dont need the four to be as good as rondo. If wed just let this **** run its course we could develop them while getting picks to round out the team. Once you have enough assets you can start talking about who to move. Imo we dont have enough youth to move more than two and be good enough in the future to keep the star we aquire. We will be a middling team forever.

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,288
    Rep Power
    18
    Rep Level
    1435
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermin View Post
    We dont need the four to be as good as rondo. If wed just let this **** run its course we could develop them while getting picks to round out the team. Once you have enough assets you can start talking about who to move. Imo we dont have enough youth to move more than two and be good enough in the future to keep the star we aquire. We will be a middling team forever.
    I kind of agree with this. I think one of the biggest problems we have is that we don't really know what any of the young 4 guys besides maybe Hayward will be. Hard to put a value on them, especially Favors and Kanter because they are both still so raw.

  5. #65
    Senior Member infection's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,203
    Rep Power
    36
    Rep Level
    6252
    Burks is the only of the 4 that I'd deal for Rondo/Pierce.

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    224
    Rep Power
    8
    Rep Level
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    Here's the paragraph that mentions Utah:
    "Teams who are being mentioned as possible destinations for Pierce include the Washington Wizards and Utah Jazz, although it is not known if Danny Ainge would deal Pierce to a team as bad as the Wizards, or what he would be asking for his franchise player."

    So the blogger mentions 2 teams then quickly discounts one of them. And he has no idea what players Ainge might want in return. Yep, sounds like this guy really knows his stuff. Instead of BSB (Boston Super Blog), this should be called Blowing Smoke Big-Time.

    I'm blowin smoke, BIG TIME OOOO's

  7. #67
    Senior Member Catchall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,201
    Rep Power
    38
    Rep Level
    6382
    There's no Furkan way I'm including Favors in a deal for Pierce and Rondo.

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,062
    Rep Power
    38
    Rep Level
    6581
    I would not include Favors in a deal for Rondo because Favors is why I want Rondo. Rondo on the Jazz without Favors is not very appealing to me.

    I want Rondo to help Favors reach his potential.

    I'd give up anyone not named Favors, Hayward and Kanter for Rondo.

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,062
    Rep Power
    38
    Rep Level
    6581
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    Don't know if the Clippers would realistically want to gut 3/4 of their bench just to land Pierce. Their strong bench is one of the reasons they're doing well.

    They may have learnt the lesson from their room mate, the Lakers.
    I don't think trading away three players that avg 4 pts a piece and your third string pg is "gutting" their bench. Especially when they get a superstar to be their "missing piece" and give them a "big three".

    The clippers make out like bandits in this trade.

    They give up a very raw but potentially good third string pg and Willie Green plus two washed up players for Paul Pierce. They would be crazy to say no to this trade.

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    791
    Rep Power
    12
    Rep Level
    705
    I'd do Al & the GS pick for Pierce.

  11. #71
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,942
    Rep Power
    62
    Rep Level
    12492
    If we could get Pierce for Sap or Jefferson I would love that. The guy is old, but he is still putting up numbers. He would add much needed consistency to our wing rotation.

  12. #72
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,942
    Rep Power
    62
    Rep Level
    12492
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAnonymous View Post
    I'd do Al & the GS pick for Pierce.
    With the way the pick is looking, I would too probably.

  13. #73
    Senior Member Zulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The STG
    Posts
    9,452
    Rep Power
    75
    Rep Level
    18773
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    I would not include Favors in a deal for Rondo because Favors is why I want Rondo. Rondo on the Jazz without Favors is not very appealing to me.

    I want Rondo to help Favors reach his potential.

    I'd give up anyone not named Favors, Hayward and Kanter for Rondo.
    This..... I would consider either burks/Kanter packaged with Al/Paul and picks to Get Rondo and Peirce!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

  14. #74
    Senior Member franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    12,673
    Rep Power
    114
    Rep Level
    29254
    Quote Originally Posted by infection View Post
    Burks is the only of the 4 that I'd deal for Rondo/Pierce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    There's no Furkan way I'm including Favors in a deal for Pierce and Rondo.
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    I would not include Favors in a deal for Rondo because Favors is why I want Rondo. Rondo on the Jazz without Favors is not very appealing to me.

    I want Rondo to help Favors reach his potential.

    I'd give up anyone not named Favors, Hayward and Kanter for Rondo.
    I guess you haven't seen what players like James Harden mean to their teams. Rockets have jack squat and Harden, and about the same record as a team you wouldn't trade ONE player off of?

    I'd give up Favors, GSW pick, Jazz 2013 & 2015 1st, & Burks for an All Star of Rondo's caliber.

    Fill the team in with JJ Hickson, Boozer's amnestied contract, David West, specialists like Korver who add way more than Foye, get Iguodala to terminate and sign a multi-year deal...fill in like this, but first take Rondo and run with it.
    No Mediocrity

  15.  

     

  16. #75
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45,437
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    44215
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    I guess you haven't seen what players like James Harden mean to their teams. Rockets have jack squat and Harden, and about the same record as a team you wouldn't trade ONE player off of?

    I'd give up Favors, GSW pick, Jazz 2013 & 2015 1st, & Burks for an All Star of Rondo's caliber.

    Fill the team in with JJ Hickson, Boozer's amnestied contract, David West, specialists like Korver who add way more than Foye, get Iguodala to terminate and sign a multi-year deal...fill in like this, but first take Rondo and run with it.
    Gotta spread reps. My feelings precisely.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •