Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Two Trades for Two Spaniards

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d2oymd6

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7tdgdqm

Utah gets a pass first point guard. If it doesn't work, he's a FA in a few months.

Utah also gets a post player that can pass. If it doesn't work, he's a FA in summer 2014

Utah can both win now, as well as create more time for their two stud bigs to develop.

Calderon / Tinsley or Watson
    Foye / Burks
    Williams / Hayward
    Favors / Evans
    Gasol / Kanter

Then Mo gets back and this team makes a serious playoff run.

Thoughts?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If you've seen Gasol play lately I don't think you'd still be saying that this is a "win now" strategy...
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Gasol may be done. His confidence is at an all time low and he is not playing well. I would not trade any of our assets for him.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This would be great if it all happened. Kudos, but I don't think it could.

We need to give more to the Raptors. They have Bargs, Ed, Amir, and JV at their 4/5. Milsap is redundant to them.

The Lakers are terrible defensively and need a stretch 4/5 bad to fit D'antoni.
    Milsap is better for them than Jefferson.

We just need to get rid of Big Al if we have Gasol. That's my biggest problem with getting Gasol.
    Gasol + Favors >>>>> Gasol + Jefferson
    Gasol + Jefferson is a terrible defensive lineup since Gasol would play the 5 and Jefferson would then play the quicker 4s.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I have been against the consensus that Gasol is done... I watched him at the Olympics and that is not a guy that is done... just a guy that is done with Kobe and all the crap (constantly being blamed and traded or rumored to be traded etc.). I think it is worth going after him because it prevents us from doing the one thing I dread this off season which is to commit big money long term to either of Millsap or Jefferson..

Don't get me wrong I like both Paul and Al but if they are your anchors or starters you a mediocre 6-10 seed. Paul allows us to develop the youngs for one more year before letting them loose and if he revitalizes his career which I think he would in no time at all... he will be a huge trade chip at the draft this summer.

The deal though I want is:

Paul/Marvin/Bell for Pau

then

Al Jefferson for Diop/Warrick and 2 picks from the Bobcats: Portland/Detroit ones

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by blackham9258 View Post
    I have been against the consensus that Gasol is done... I watched him at the Olympics and that is not a guy that is done... just a guy that is done with Kobe and all the crap (constantly being blamed and traded or rumored to be traded etc.). I think it is worth going after him because it prevents us from doing the one thing I dread this off season which is to commit big money long term to either of Millsap or Jefferson..

Don't get me wrong I like both Paul and Al but if they are your anchors or starters you a mediocre 6-10 seed. Paul allows us to develop the youngs for one more year before letting them loose and if he revitalizes his career which I think he would in no time at all... he will be a huge trade chip at the draft this summer.

The deal though I want is:

Paul/Marvin/Bell for Pau

then

Al Jefferson for Diop/Warrick and 2 picks from the Bobcats: Portland/Detroit ones
    Yeah I don't think he's done either, but he's a 5 in this league at the age he's in.
    His value is really low right now. I'm wondering if Milsap for Pau gets the deal done now.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronDavisIsDonkeyOnShrek View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d2oymd6

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7tdgdqm

Utah gets a pass first point guard. If it doesn't work, he's a FA in a few months.

Utah also gets a post player that can pass. If it doesn't work, he's a FA in summer 2014

Utah can both win now, as well as create more time for their two stud bigs to develop.

Calderon / Tinsley or Watson
    Foye / Burks
    Williams / Hayward
    Favors / Evans
    Gasol / Kanter

Then Mo gets back and this team makes a serious playoff run.

Thoughts?
    Valanciunas / Bargnani / Ed Davis / Paul Millsap / Amir Johnson....
    Dwight Howard / Al Jefferson clogging the paint in D'Antoni's offense....

I don't want to flame but I love how we're such homers & never think why the other teams would say YES!
    i may quote myself from other treads... sue me!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Trading for Gasol means we can kiss the future goodby.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I want Pau because it prevents us from re-upping Paul and Al to big money which I think would doom us to mediocrity. I want Pau because I feel he will quickly reestablish his value while we continue to compete. I want Pau because I think it would be good for the young guys to learn from a Hall of Famer. I want Pau because I think he would resign with us, and we would want to resign him if if if he reestablishes his value and makes a return to stature ala Tim Duncan.

Remember, T Duncan is revitalizing now at 36, Pau is only 32.

Lastly, I think Pau is huge expiring at this years draft for a great pick... or during the season for a team that needs to shed salary next season: Pacer, Memphis etc.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by blackham9258 View Post
    I want Pau because it prevents us from re-upping Paul and Al to big money which I think would doom us to mediocrity. I want Pau because I feel he will quickly reestablish his value while we continue to compete. I want Pau because I think it would be good for the young guys to learn from a Hall of Famer. I want Pau because I think he would resign with us, and we would want to resign him if if if he reestablishes his value and makes a return to stature ala Tim Duncan.

Remember, T Duncan is revitalizing now at 36, Pau is only 32.

Lastly, I think Pau is huge expiring at this years draft for a great pick... or during the season for a team that needs to shed salary next season: Pacer, Memphis etc.
    Most of this. Pau=No more Al!
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Title sounds like an indy film at Sundance.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'd do a deal for Calderon.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It needs to make sense for both sides...Here's my take:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a598waj

So the Jazz trade Jefferson, Bell, and Watson for Calderon and Bargnani and his 3 years left on contract.
    Jazz do this to get something for Jefferson. Toronto does this to get out of Bargnani's contract.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ac52caa

So the Jazz trade Millsap and Marvin Williams for Gasol.
    Jazz do this to get something for Millsap and while Gasol's value is low. LA does this to get a couple more pieces that fit better around Howard and Kobe.

With Gasol and Calderon together, I think they renew some chemistry from the Spanish National team and play better together.
    Start Favors with Gasol and bring Bargnani off the bench.

I think Calderon could play along side Mo Williams when he comes back.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'd do millsap + watson for calderon. No picks involved.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Bargnani is garbage, I wouldn't consider him as 'getting something' for Al Jefferson