Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    Trading for Gasol means we can kiss the future goodby.
    Explain why you think that??? Cuz I see the opposite!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by blackham9258 View Post
    I want Pau because it prevents us from re-upping Paul and Al to big money which I think would doom us to mediocrity. I want Pau because I feel he will quickly reestablish his value while we continue to compete. I want Pau because I think it would be good for the young guys to learn from a Hall of Famer. I want Pau because I think he would resign with us, and we would want to resign him if if if he reestablishes his value and makes a return to stature ala Tim Duncan.

Remember, T Duncan is revitalizing now at 36, Pau is only 32.

Lastly, I think Pau is huge expiring at this years draft for a great pick... or during the season for a team that needs to shed salary next season: Pacer, Memphis etc.
    Hundred percent agree!!

Pau was a monster this summer in London... Dantoni doesn't now how to utilize this guy!!

Let Pau stand at the high post a distribute the ball, Favors would have a hay day with Pau next to him!!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Rep Level
    I like the Pau trade, I don't love the Millsap deal. That said, I don't like the Pau deal as much unless Millsap is moved so that we have a big man rotation of Gasol/Favors/Kanter and Jeremy Evans or whoever we draft/sign can play sparingly at the 4/5 when needed. I would prefer to trade for Lowry instead of Calderon, even though Jose is the healthier of the two. Seems like a struggle for Lowry to play over 65 games a season. Lowry is averaging 14 PPG, 6 APG, 4.5 RPG in only 28 MPG. He also shoots 40% from 3, 83% from the line and is a much better defender than Calderon. He also only makes $5.75 per and is on the books through next season. He's also 3 years younger than Jose. From what I'm hearing, the Raptors are inclined at this point to re-sign Calderon, which means they would probably look to deal Lowry.

I'm also in the Pau isn't done camp. I agree that the Lakers system (and Kobe) is what is holding him back. I actually think that Gasol will be a very good player into his mid thirties, much like Duncan. Neither play above the rim and rely very little on their athleticism.

Rep Level
    I would like to see both Paul and Al shipped out: Paul/Marvin/Raja for Pau and a future 1st unprotected from LAL which I think we could get for that package at this point. Then send Al somewhere for picks... would love to see if Charlotte would part with that Detroit or Portland pick.

Then since we rid ourselves of Paul and Al (whom I like) but with them we are destined for mediocrity we go after a good mix of vets to complement our rotation:

My preference is to hand the PG over to Burks and see what happens from now until the end of the season:

Next year:

Burks/Maynor/Tinsley
    Hayward/Foye
    Otto Porter drafted or Sign Aminu from NOLA/Carrol
    Favors/Kanter
    Gasol/adequate backup

Rep Level
    LA should be the team trading for Bargs/whatever. They could probably get a future pick out of those guys too. If I'm Toronto I'd love to trade Bargs/Calderon/pick or Bargs/Johnson/pick.

You guys digging Pau's grave are crazy. Elite players have long careers in the NBA. Replacing the pathetic D of Bargs with the ultimate mentor for JV would be great for them. Pau solves a lot of their problems all at once. I'm guessing he has at least 3 years of very good ball left in him. Hell, you could make the case for 2 players and multiple picks.

At the same time Bargnani fits perfectly into the hole D'Antoni has been trying to square peg Pau into and either Amir or Jose present interesting lineup possibilities. None of those guys are guaranteed after next year so the L's professed goal of clearing cap for '14 signings is also met. IMO you could see a 'miraculous' rebirth of both Pau and Bargs if this happened.

Anyways I don't know how Utah would get into any of that but there's my random thoughts at bedtime.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Rep Level
    Wait I'm confused. So do Jazz fans want Kanter to start or not? All these Gasol trades don't make sense, considering Jazz fans dedication to the youth core. Especilly considering Gasol has shown his dislike for coming off the bench.

Rep Level
    Calderon is this decade's Morris Peterson.

Rep Level
    Jefferson & Bell for Gasol would be a steal for the Jazz

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAnonymous View Post
    Jefferson & Bell for Gasol would be a steal for the Jazz
    of course it will never happen - The Lakers are a big market team. They only make win now moves. Jefferson is not a win now move.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Most of this. Pau=No more Al!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenielsen View Post
    It needs to make sense for both sides...Here's my take:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a598waj

So the Jazz trade Jefferson, Bell, and Watson for Calderon and Bargnani and his 3 years left on contract.
    Jazz do this to get something for Jefferson. Toronto does this to get out of Bargnani's contract.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ac52caa

So the Jazz trade Millsap and Marvin Williams for Gasol.
    Jazz do this to get something for Millsap and while Gasol's value is low. LA does this to get a couple more pieces that fit better around Howard and Kobe.

With Gasol and Calderon together, I think they renew some chemistry from the Spanish National team and play better together.
    Start Favors with Gasol and bring Bargnani off the bench.

I think Calderon could play along side Mo Williams when he comes back.
    Quote Originally Posted by bovice View Post
    Bargnani is garbage, I wouldn't consider him as 'getting something' for Al Jefferson
    Agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    Explain why you think that??? Cuz I see the opposite!!
    This is in response to the posts above.

Why not develop both Kanter and Favors at the same rate. We could have two young studs anchoring the front court for years building a great chemistry and championship attitude. Bringing in Pau could hurt Kanter's psyche. Kanter may start to wonder if and when he will get his shot at being a starter on this team. We didn't draft him third overall to sit him behind Al and then some other dude we trade Al for.

I say trade for a wing or pg, and give Kanter and Favors grow up together. They're young and could dominate for years to come in a jazz uni.
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    Calderon is this decade's Morris Peterson.
    nlost so much respect for your b-ball knowledge with this absurd statement.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    nlost so much respect for your b-ball knowledge with this absurd statement.
    You didn't get it. Peterson was on the trading block in Toronto for years - just like Calderon. And yet The Raptors never pulled the trigger on a deal for Peterson - probably because they are asking for too much. Just like Calderon.

Peterson was never traded, signed a fairly good FA deal with another team and then performed terribly - most likely just like Calderon will.

Rep Level
    Thee Jazz Fan.....

Honestly i don't think Kanter is ready to start but if we had Pau, Favors and Kanter as our Three headed monster that works out to roughly 30+ minutes for Favors and Pau and Kanter gets about 25+ minutes. Do this for the rest of the season and if kanter looks ready to start look to trade Pau during the draft or the offseason or just Keep Pau for his last year, maybe look at trades during the trade deadline, Then Pau comes off the books and we have money for Hayward and Favors. All of this and we will still have a competitive team.

Rep Level
    of course it will never happen - The Lakers are a big market team. They only make win now moves. Jefferson is not a win now move.
    I disagree. Lakers brass must know this season is a lost cause. Even if they get into the playoffs, they'll lose to clippers/okc/spurs in the first round. Gasol is obviously declining, so they would do it just to dump salary.

Look at the grizzlies today, they gave up a 1st just to dump speights/selby/ellington.

Rep Level
    Does potentially save them some $ next year if they don't resign Jefferson.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAnonymous View Post
    Does potentially save them some $ next year if they don't resign Jefferson.
    True and by the trade deadline, the Lakers will know whether they're contenders or not.
    It's pretty likely they're not but there's still an offchance.