Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Any comments from the OP, Mr. Catchsome?
    Well George, I'm thinking the team needs a real two-way PG and another player on the wing who can create his own shot. Hayward's inconsistency makes him suspect, and players like Foye, Marvin Williams, Carroll are basically just spot-up shooters. A PG who can set up other players and take all the way to the rim when he wants to would make a world of difference for this team. Hayward's game is diverse enough for him to be an effective facilitator, and Burks has potential to be a very good all-around player. Meanwhile, I've never really believed in Millsap as a starting-caliber PF night in and night out, which is why I'd be open to trading him.

Take care, George.

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    I think it makes a lot more sense to look at the Jazz's collection of perimeter players (including point guards). While the Jazz have some decent depth, they lack the top end talent that pretty much all other good teams have on the perimeter.

In the west:

OKC: Wetbrook,Durant
    Clips: Chris Paul
    Spurs: Tony, Manu
    Memphis: Gay, Conley
    W's: Curry
    Denver: Lawson, Iggy
    Houston: Harden

The best the Jazz have on the perimeter is Gordo. An upgrade is needed.
    Can you take it a step further by pointing out any possible players we should perhaps try to acquire via trade or did you just want to point out the obvious?

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by just because View Post
    Well that's just depressing.
    El Oh El
    #OnlyPostsHashtags

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    I think it makes a lot more sense to look at the Jazz's collection of perimeter players (including point guards). While the Jazz have some decent depth, they lack the top end talent that pretty much all other good teams have on the perimeter.

In the west:

OKC: Wetbrook,Durant
    Clips: Chris Paul
    Spurs: Tony, Manu
    Memphis: Gay, Conley
    W's: Curry
    Denver: Lawson, Iggy
    Houston: Harden

The best the Jazz have on the perimeter is Gordo. An upgrade is needed.
    I will ignore Point Guards for a second.

Once we do so, we are left with Harden (potentially an exception-- as he plays very much like a combo guard), Iguodala,Durant, Gay, and Manu.

Durant is simply a top 3 player, and we likely will never have a play of his caliber on this team.

That leaves us with Gay, Iggy, and Manu.

First, lets compare the play of Gordon Hayward, with Manu Ginobili. Id say shooting is a wash, with both players excelling eachother in certain ways statistically.

I would say that they main edge that Manu at this point in his career has OVER Hayward is his assists, or facilitating in general.
    However: this is a point where I, along with many other posters here, see as a place where Gordon can, and will improve.

So we essentially have a 2012 Manu upcoming with Hayward.

That leaves us with Gay and Iggy.
    Personally, I would rather take Carroll and Foye over a player like Iggy, both in terms of team buildup-chemsitry, offensive-versatility, and cap-relief. But that's just my opinion.

That leaves us with Gay. Personally, I wouldn't ever really want him on this Jazz team.

So in terms of WINGS, that leaves only Harden and Durant as players who are clearly better than our Jazz players. If this is really all we are up against, then Im fine. Not to mention our DEPTH with our wing rotation. OKC is obviously first, and Houston is decent as well (only offensively-- certainly not defensively). Who else has a deeper wing rotation? Two wing players shooting above 40% from 3, Gordon beasting from the bench, and Burks still waiting to explode. Not to mention Carroll's hustle.

The point guard position is an anomaly. We need a good facilitator-- otherwise, we will have to continue to revolve our Jazz offense around Al Jefferson. Right now, we don't have a player that is anywhere near Parker, Harden, or Paul in terms of facilitation, or getting into our sets.

But hey, that seems to be that last piece of the puzzle here (a rather large piece, of course). Once we find it, I could see us resembling a team similar to the Pacers in terms of solidarity with positions 1-5, as well as being competitive with nearly every team in the league, culminating with a top 4 conference seed.

-George

Rep Level

Once we do so, we are left with Harden (potentially an exception-- as he plays very much like a combo guard), Iguodala,Durant, Gay, and Manu.

Durant is simply a top 3 player, and we likely will never have a play of his caliber on this team.

First, lets compare the play of Gordon Hayward, with Manu Ginobili. Id say shooting is a wash, with both players excelling eachother in certain ways statistically.

I would say that they main edge that Manu at this point in his career has OVER Hayward is his assists, or facilitating in general.
    However: this is a point where I, along with many other posters here, see as a place where Gordon can, and will improve.

Personally, I would rather take Carroll and Foye over a player like Iggy, both in terms of team buildup-chemsitry, offensive-versatility, and cap-relief. But that's just my opinion.

That leaves us with Gay. Personally, I wouldn't ever really want him on this Jazz team.

So in terms of WINGS, that leaves only Harden and Durant as players who are clearly better than our Jazz players. If this is really all we are up against, then Im fine. Not to mention our DEPTH with our wing rotation. OKC is obviously first, and Houston is decent as well (only offensively-- certainly not defensively). Who else has a deeper wing rotation? Two wing players shooting above 40% from 3, Gordon beasting from the bench, and Burks still waiting to explode. Not to mention Carroll's hustle.

The point guard position is an anomaly. We need a good facilitator-- otherwise, we will have to continue to revolve our Jazz offense around Al Jefferson. Right now, we don't have a player that is anywhere near Parker, Harden, or Paul in terms of facilitation, or getting into our sets.

But hey, that seems to be that last piece of the puzzle here (a rather large piece, of course). Once we find it, I could see us resembling a team similar to the Pacers in terms of solidarity with positions 1-5, as well as being competitive with nearly every team in the league, culminating with a top 4 conference seed.

-George
    Bookmarked for later reading.
    #OnlyPostsHashtags

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Bookmarked for later reading.
    I'm becoming Ms. babe 2.0. Apologies, Mr. UGLI.

-George

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    ESPN did its Top 25 under 25 today.... not a single Jazz player.

Larry Sanders and Ed Davis made it though.

Lol.
    Does ESPN even know that Utah has a team?

Rep Level

-George
    Good post! I like the optimism..... now if we could just get holiday, irving, cp3, rondo, etc etc we would be good to go.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Rep Level

Your permutations are all wrong. Dong gong gong gong
    No Mediocrity

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Your permutations are all wrong. Dong gong gong gong
    You make no sense, Mr. franklin