So there is a trade that went down already this season the trade is

For Cavs
    Sleights
    Ellington
    Shelby
    Pick

For Grizzlies
    Jon Leuer

Sounds lopsided. This is the new NBA. It saves the Grizzlies almost 6 million and gets them under the tax threshold. I wish the Jazz had something in the works like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Here is the story on ESPN

Speights and Ellington could get playing time for the Cavs. Its a nice low risk gamble for Cleveland.
    It would be difficult for the Jazz to be part of something like this becasue they have fifteen players on the roster.
    If the ball doesn't move, you will be on the bench! -DOL

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Here is the story on ESPN

Speights and Ellington could get playing time for the Cavs. Its a nice low risk gamble for Cleveland.
    It would be difficult for the Jazz to be part of something like this becasue they have fifteen players on the roster.
    You're absolutely right. Also our cap space will be there next year, not this year. Be prepared though.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Killer deal for Cleveland. Three young players, and a top 5 protected 1st round pick.

Speights fills an immediate need for them since Varejo is hurt, and Ellington can't be worse than CJ Miles can he?

Poor Memphis fans are being fed the line "It creates flexibility". Which is really nothing because flexibilty can't dribble, pass or shoot.

At least we know the lock-out worked.....Small market Kings is sold for 500+ Million, while small market Grizzlies dump players to avoid luxary tax and the same day it is rumoured that the Not small market Nets are looking to get Howard in a three way deal that would also send Kevin Love to the LA Lakers.

As a long time NBA fan I can't wait for Stern to retire and refresh the system with some new ideas.
    If the ball doesn't move, you will be on the bench! -DOL

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Killer deal for Cleveland. Three young players, and a top 5 protected 1st round pick.

Speights fills an immediate need for them since Varejo is hurt, and Ellington can't be worse than CJ Miles can he?

Poor Memphis fans are being fed the line "It creates flexibility". Which is really nothing because flexibilty can't dribble, pass or shoot.

At least we know the lock-out worked.....Small market Kings is sold for 500+ Million, while small market Grizzlies dump players to avoid luxary tax and the same day it is rumoured that the Not small market Nets are looking to get Howard in a three way deal that would also send Kevin Love to the LA Lakers.

As a long time NBA fan I can't wait for Stern to retire and refresh the system with some new ideas.
    Well said.

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

In regards to the bolded point I would argue that it does create flexibility in the sense that the Grizzlies could be involved in a sign-and-trade now. I know some time in the very near future (if not already) tax-paying teams won't be able to be in those types of transactions. That said, unless the Grizzlies have something in the pipeline that they wouldn't be able to do as taxpayers, then yeah, they're basically doing damage control. It's like the Jazz trading Brewer to the Grizzlies or Harpring and Maynor to the Thunder. Say what you will, but it seems pretty obvious that it's about money.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I wonder if this had any influence from John Hollinger........
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Speaking of cavs..... as of right now kyrie irving has 15 point in the 1st quarter. Could end up being an epic night for him

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Speaking of cavs..... as of right now kyrie irving has 15 point in the 1st quarter. Could end up being an epic night for him
    Isn't Rondo supposed to be one of the best defenders in the league?!
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...