View Poll Results: Who takes the cake for dissapointing you?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mo Williams

4 5.00%
  • DeMarre Carroll

1 1.25%
  • Alec Burks

3 3.75%
  • Derrick Favors

8 10.00%
  • Paul Millsap

15 18.75%
  • Gordon Hayward

1 1.25%
  • Al Jefferson

4 5.00%
  • Enes Kanter

2 2.50%
  • Earl Watson

5 6.25%
  • Marvin Williams

37 46.25%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    Expectations were probably too high for Paul. At his previous rate of improvement he'd develop bulletproof skin and be flying by next year.
    Well he is also 28 now. His peak was probably the last two seasons.
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

Wow I had no idea Gordon was shooting 42% until I looked it up today. That is not good... terrible in fact.

Lowest circle of hell, watching the Jazz on standard def on a tube tv.
    Let me see do I choose:

Marvin Williams and his chance to reinvent himself in a new town; or

Paul Milsap and his turning down the Jazz's maximum extension offer and then being too pedestrian too many times; or

Gordon Haywar the new face of the franchise and his 2.6 rebounds per game, or

Derrick, third year in the League and I still haven't figured out a post move because I spent my summer playing pick games with an 6-4 NBA never was, Favors.

I choose Favors, but it is close.
    The book I want to write: From Showtime to spreadsheet - How analytics killed the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post

Derrick, third year in the League and I still haven't figured out a post move because I spent my summer playing pick games with an 6-4 NBA never was, Favors.

I choose Favors, but it is close.
    You mean the USA Olympic Select Team? Ok.
    Freckle Liiiiiip.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    Wow I had no idea Gordon was shooting 42% until I looked it up today. That is not good... terrible in fact.
    It's not that bad when you consider he's shooting 41% from 3 and 82% from the free throw line. Overall he's averaging 1.31 pts/shot which is not that bad, especially when you consider Kobe averages 1.32 pts/shot, although you would like to see that number come up a little. I think what it tells you is that Hayward is becoming a more featured offensive player. Even James "Mr. Efficiency" Harden saw a dip in his efficiency numbers this year when he became a more featured offensive player.

Marv. I thought he might be a little better in a new system. Guy is barely worth playing. Carroll is a better player.

Lowest circle of hell, watching the Jazz on standard def on a tube tv.
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyPeterzz View Post
    You mean the USA Olympic Select Team? Ok.
    Nope, I was not refering to the three hours a day for 6 days he spent in Vegas (July 5-11), nor was I refering to time he spent building muscle in Santa Barbara. I was talking about his basketball 'training' that he did in Atlanta and the awesome results.
    The book I want to write: From Showtime to spreadsheet - How analytics killed the NBA.

Dennis Lindsey. Nothing else is really out of the ordinary. Didn't expect much from Lindsey, and have to be honest that I haven't heard him specifically make statements, but at least from what I gather he's hitched to the "Big Al's the guy" wagon. Maybe this is way off, but I can't think of anyone I had expectations of this season that have fallen below what was anticipated. If Lindsey really is as dense as the rest of the organization seems to be with the direction we're headed then that is a serious disappointment.

Where is the option for Corbin? Also, I completely agree with ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    Shoots like **** but gets to the line a lot, nails threes, has to create his own shots in an often terrible offense, still showing leaps in offensive improvement...see where I'm going with this?

Gordon Haywad is 91st in the league in TS%. Kanter 52nd, Foye 63rd. Jefferson's in a four way tie for 172nd.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    I vote Jefferson. Guy took a giant duke on every sign of improving or even being willing to. Contract death can't come soon enough. It's gotten to the point where if Jefferson is re-signed at all then I will find another team to root for. I don't care if he takes the vet minimum, I don't want to watch Al Jefferson.

And yes, this is a threat to the Jazz organization because they read all my posts for game insight.

I was hoping Marvin would be a little better this year than he was in Atlanta. Instead he's been a little worse.

I thought Millsap would have a better year - but that's only because he's playing for a contract.

That's about it overall though - everyone else has performed pretty much how I thought they would given the minutes they get.. A few have done better that expected (Foye, Carroll)

Banned
    I voted Favors. I expected much more out of him, limited time or not.

Premium Member
    Burks followed close by Favors.
    Alec hasn't improved anything since last season other than staying a little bit more often under control.
    Favors is basically the same player with improved FT which gives him an edge.
    Didn't expect much more than they deliver from the vets. MaWill hits occasional three and provides solid defense so not much to complain about if you didn't buy into usual silly season front office hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantown View Post
    For me its Marvin Williams, I think because Locke talked like he would be an All-Star for the Jazz. He was the perfect fit, he was born to play the Jazz offense....etc etc.

So far he has been very blah.
    Agree. But I think the fault lies with the FO and coaching staff. Marvin doesn't get touches or plays called for him. The organization suffers from "AK-itis." They're so used to having a SF who has been a liability on offense that they haven't adjusted to utilizing Marvin at all. He has skills. Granted, he's been slowed by injury, but Corbin needs to call some plays for him. There's been too much of throw it into Jefferson and have him try to back down the defender. If the Jazz could get back to more ball movement and making sure everyone is involved, I think Marvin could be an important part of the team.

To a certain extent, I agree with zbone. I'm disappointed by the youngsters as I expected much more of a jump by Favors, Kanter and Burks. There's been progress, but not a lot. But I have to remember that Favors and Kanter were incredibly raw entering the league. And Burks is being asked to become more of a playmaker/PG. I think all 3 will be solid; I had just hoped for more from all of them at this point.
    JUST LOSE BABY!