Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

The annual can we get Danny Granger thread.

I'd love to do The Williams for him to clear out Marvin's salary this offseason.

Any combo of Sap/Williams/Willams for him and Pendleton (filler) works. Sap and Mo makes a ton of sense for them. Huge scoring punch off the bench. Then again, so does the return of Granger.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I don't think there is any way in hell the Pacers would trade a guy this good for a couple expiring contracts.

It would take one of the 4 to get him. He's a great player though, basically is everything the most starry eyed fan could ever have thought Marvin would be.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    I don't think there is any way in hell the Pacers would trade a guy this good for a couple expiring contracts.

It would take one of the 4 to get him. He's a great player though, basically is everything the most starry eyed fan could ever have thought Marvin would be.
    I think it makes a ton of sense for the Pacers to move on. They have found a new identity without him, he's paid a bunch, etc. I know they have West, but they still lack bigs. We've been their natural trading partner for a number of years now. I've started to believe that there must be bad blood between the organizations (i.e. they don't like working together).
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Here ya go:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=byfef3g

Granger/Green for Al, Burks. Indiana gets a young player with potential, cap space at the end of the year, gets rid of a bad contract.

The Jazz get Danny Granger, can move Hayward to the two, and have bird rights on Granger. Opens up time for Favors/Kanter. Everyone wins.

Mo/Tinsley/Watson
    Hayward/Foye
    Granger/Williams/Carroll
    Millsap/Evans
    Favors/Kanter

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

To expand a little, Pacers are in 3rd place this season and both Sap and Mo give them a huge shot in the arm (something they're desperately hoping Granger will do). They also need money to re-sign David West and have made a roughly $4.2mm QO to Psycho T. Granger is expendable with George replacing him.

This team already gives the Heat and NYK a run for their money. Strengthening the bench gives fans ridiculous hope. Mo is arguably an upgrade as a starter, arguably not. But he definitely would bring a nasty spark off the bench. Same with Sap.

This is an ECF play for them, and one I'm willing to give up two [nearly useless] draft picks in a package for (something that also sparks their fanbase into giving money away to the ownership).

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    To expand a little, Pacers are in 3rd place this season and both Sap and Mo give them a huge shot in the arm (something they're desperately hoping Granger will do). They also need money to re-sign David West and have made a roughly $4.2mm QO to Psycho T. Granger is expendable with George replacing him.

This team already gives the Heat and NYK a run for their money. Strengthening the bench gives fans ridiculous hope. Mo is arguably an upgrade as a starter, arguably not. But he definitely would bring a nasty spark off the bench. Same with Sap.

This is an ECF play for them, and one I'm willing to give up two [nearly useless] draft picks in a package for (something that also sparks their fanbase into giving money away to the ownership).
    Well put..... I think it works for both teams.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Granted hasn't been THAT good for a while, and the time off won't help his feel. The Pacers will take the right deal.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Im all over this like black on rice!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Before they got David West Indiana was the perfect trading partner, but that ship has sailed. West and Millsap are pretty clear cut PFs, and with West likely to resign, I just don't see them valuing Millsap. Not to mention they would be paying a backup 10 million + a year (whether it be Millsap or West).

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Why would they want Millsap or Jefferson?

While we're creating annual retarded trades can we create one of Memo for Sammy Dalembert? After all, we need a defensive center.

How about AK for Lamar Odom?

Or Brewer for Mo Peterson?

I propose a new one. Earl Watson for Damian Lillard
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Maybe. Mo being himself coming back really late is a question mark, and I really don't see how bringing in 2 players who aren't as good as DG would be an upgrade for them. Getting out of that 14 mil next year and the picks are worth considering but they can do better particularly closer to the deadline after Danny gets his legs back under him.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    Why would they want Millsap or Jefferson?

While we're creating annual retarded trades can we create one of Memo for Sammy Dalembert? After all, we need a defensive center.

How about AK for Lamar Odom?

Or Brewer for Mo Peterson?

I propose a new one. Earl Watson for Damian Lillard
    This.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I am a huge granger fan and Indy would trade him but his knee really worries me. Indy is not going to get a lot for him.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Isn't it wierd how Indiana is the best defensive team in the NBA without Granger?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

A) He's coming of a serious knee injury
    B) Paul George has become the face of their team (he is attainable)
    C) If Millsap is involved, then they already decided that they're not going to resign West
    D) I'd rather trade Gordan/Kanter for George but I'm sure they wouldn't
    i may quote myself from other treads... sue me!