Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Corbin's History as Fifth Fiddle and How it's Affecting his Coaching.

Pretty good work at Jazzfanatical:
    http://jazzfanatical.wordpress.com/2...orbin-edition/

Some highlights:
    As a coach who was a former journeyman player, you have to wonder how Corbinís experiences as a player are influencing his coaching decisions today.

On Nov. 15 last year, Matt Harpring was a guest on 1280. During that segment, the host of the show related the following:

PK talked to Ty Corbin, and Ty was talking about how during his career, it bugged him that every time he went to camp, it seemed like every year there was always some new hotshot, who hadnít proven anything, who was in front of him in the pecking order. And now, Ty plays veterans over young guys. I donít think thatís an accident. Thatís his story, thatís who he is.
    Are Corbinís experiences as a player influencing his coaching decisions, and are they influencing his coaching decisions to the detriment of the team? If so, does he see it?

This was Harpringís response to Corbinís comments on losing playing time to ďnew hotshots who hadnít proven anythingĒ:

As you get older, you gotta let things go, ícause otherwise you will stay in the past and run through mud the rest of your life. So in order to get better, you gotta kind of learn from the past and move on. And itís one thing to let it drive you and motivate you, but itís another thing to keep revisiting it and let [it get] you back down.
    Ty seems to be improving a bit, but I've always wondered how his baggage in the league has affected his coaching. Pretty interesting to see his life's work as a player in light of his coaching.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Interesting stuff. Repped.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Agreed...very interesting stuff.

Former NBA "Journeyman-type" players that became great head coaches?...Phil Jackson and Pat Riley. As head coaches, both didn't have a problem playing the young "hot-shot" on their respective teams...I guess that's why they have fistfuls of championship rings and the closest Corbin will ever get to one is if he shakes their hand.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Why has Hayward gotten time?? Contradicts this entire post (Ms. Moni usually does a great job).

That is what perplexes me with people who believe in this argument. Hayward starting doing well in the latter half of the 1st season, and he has essentially gotten >24 mpg ever since. He's essentially just as young as these other guys.

Maybe we aren't playing Burks because he tries to do too much, Kanter because his IQ isn't up to speed yet, and Favors because of injury/offensive versatility (needs a facilitator to excel at this point in his career).

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Someone edit Ty Corbins head onto Dave Chapelles "blind racist"

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Why has Hayward gotten time?? Contradicts this entire post (Ms. Moni usually does a great job).

That is what perplexes me with people who believe in this argument. Hayward starting doing well in the latter half of the 1st season, and he has essentially gotten >24 mpg ever since. He's essentially just as young as these other guys.

Maybe we aren't playing Burks because he tries to do too much, Kanter because his IQ isn't up to speed yet, and Favors because of injury/offensive versatility (needs a facilitator to excel at this point in his career).
    We just lack talent at the wing and he has shown that he can hit that 3pt in practice and has that "I care" attitude.

That attitude goes a long way in a family run business.
    #Humble#Humble#Humble#Humble

AllTimeNBAdraftRunnerUp

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Ya hayward has gotten time, but he is still coming off the bench and getting less minutes than foye and marvin alot of nights, so i think this even applies to hayward who should be getting 35 minutes per game.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If there is anything to this at all, Corbin needs his ass canned yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Slippery Slope fallacy with Hayward, whose minutes have gone down by nearly 15% and who now is coming off the bench. All this despite the fact that he is a close second in points/36. Basically all of our young players are at the same or under last years minutes. And the argument that they are not perfect is contradictory and circular. Ultimately, I don't want to assert I know what Corbin is thinking. His comments and his history make one wonder. However, to assert that Ty has no qualms about playing young players seems outlandish at best. He plays Hayward a heaping 26 minutes a game (highest PER among guards, 3rd best simple rating among all players, only player who gets significant minutes with a positive +/- on the season, one of our most dynamic scorers/players), and so any argument that claims Corbin might be afraid to play young players is negated? Ty plays Hayward mainly because he has no other options. His drop in playing time is indicative of this.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    Pretty good work at Jazzfanatical:
    http://jazzfanatical.wordpress.com/2...orbin-edition/

Some highlights:

Ty seems to be improving a bit, but I've always wondered how his baggage in the league has affected his coaching. Pretty interesting to see his life's work as a player in light of his coaching.
    Shouldn't you be blogginz at mattcorbinz4thyearlol.com?
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Slippery Slope fallacy with Hayward, whose minutes have gone down by nearly 15% and who now is coming off the bench. All this despite the fact that he is a close second in points/36. Basically all of our young players are at the same or under last years minutes. And the argument that they are not perfect is contradictory and circular. Ultimately, I don't want to assert I know what Corbin is thinking. His comments and his history make one wonder. However, to assert that Ty has no qualms about playing young players seems outlandish at best. He plays Hayward a heaping 26 minutes a game (highest PER among guards, 3rd best simple rating among all players, only player who gets significant minutes with a positive +/- on the season, one of our most dynamic scorers/players), and so any argument that claims Corbin might be afraid to play young players is negated? Ty plays Hayward mainly because he has no other options. His drop in playing time is indicative of this.
    repped

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Here's a question for you Mr. JJAS: How has Hayward's play been since he's come off the bench??

What you fail to understand is that Hayward has been getting more playing time than nearly every wing, and 0.3 minutes less than Foye (who's #1) despite coming off of the bench. The "should Hayward come off the bench?" experiment has clearly been a success, and I simply cannot fathom why anyone is against it at this point in time.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Here's a question for you Mr. JJAS: How has Hayward's play been since he's come off the bench??

What you fail to understand is that Hayward has been getting more playing time than nearly every wing, and 0.3 minutes less than Foye (who's #1) despite coming off of the bench. The "should Hayward come off the bench?" experiment has clearly been a success, and I simply cannot fathom why anyone is against it at this point in time.
    Thanks for correcting my failure, Alt. Your Red Herring argument tries to dazzle me with Hayward's minutes with respect to the other players but remains rather laconic with respect to his overall minute decline. I am happy with Hayward off the bench right now, but to the original point, there is not a single young player as a starter.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Thanks for correcting my failure, Alt. Your Red Herring argument tries to dazzle me with Hayward's minutes with respect to the other players but remains rather laconic with respect to his overall minute decline. I am happy with Hayward off the bench right now, but to the original point, there is not a single young player as a starter.
    Does it really matter though? Gordon has been finishing games 9/10 times. Marvin gets to 'start', and we all see how meaningful it is (hint: it isn't)

-George

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Shouldn't you be blogginz at mattcorbinz4thyearlol.com?
    Weben Ra em Achet!