Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Level
    I'm pretty sure most coaches in the NBA who were pro's had similar NBA experience. A lot of coaches prefer veterans to younger players, it's nothing out of the ordinary.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by akirac73 View Post
    Agreed...very interesting stuff.

Former NBA "Journeyman-type" players that became great head coaches?...Phil Jackson and Pat Riley. As head coaches, both didn't have a problem playing the young "hot-shot" on their respective teams...I guess that's why they have fistfuls of championship rings and the closest Corbin will ever get to one is if he shakes their hand.
    Phil Jackson played young hot shoots? Really? The Lakers rarely got and developed young players from the ground up. It took Bynum 5 years to get to 30 mpg. Jackson didn't start coaching until Kobe's 4th year, so he was already a pretty established player.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Does it really matter though? Gordon has been finishing games 9/10 times. Marvin gets to 'start', and we all see how meaningful it is (hint: it isn't)

-George
    I love how you're maneuvering through Jazzfanz seamlessly with your new sig, which happens to have UGLI and PKM in the quote. You guys have become fast friends. It's almost like you've been here for years. By the way, I'm still waiting for any scrap of evidence that Corbin is progressively giving the youth more time on the court. I don't know why he would or wouldn't, that is, I can't read his mind, but as far as actual real time is concerned, he hasn't.

Big Momma is waiting:

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    I love how you're maneuvering through Jazzfanz seamlessly with your new sig, which happens to have UGLI and PKM in the quote. You guys have become fast friends. It's almost like you've been here for years. By the way, I'm still waiting for any scrap of evidence that Corbin is progressively giving the youth more time on the court. I don't know why he would or wouldn't, that is, I can't read his mind, but as far as actual real time is concerned, he hasn't.

Big Momma is waiting:
    He is doing what he thinks will win games. I'm pretty sure that all he cares about because wins = job security. The Jazz team as a whole has pretty heavy minute distribution. Our leader in minutes only gets 33 (Al). His minutes are down from years past on the Jazz because the Jazz have an incredible amount of depth.

Rep Level
    This is a perfect article for the anti-Ty crowd.

See, Ty hates talented players. He hates them because back in the day he was demoted and traded to make room for players more talented than himself. Only now, after years and years of assistant coaching has his revenge finally been within his grasp: to fool a franchise into acquiring an unusually large pool of very young talent in order to persecute and belittle them. Ah, who can imagine the sadistic delight Ty hides behind that tiny mustache while he maintains the hideous illusions of chemistry, team goals and structure?

One can only shudder to contemplate.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Banned
    Rep Level

Big Momma is waiting:
    I smell jealousy. Are you jealous, Mr. JJAS?? It is okay if you are, I will tell Ms. PKM and Mr. UGLI ( I am friends with them, I don't know if you know that) to talk to you a little bit more because you are shy sometimes.

Also, interesting usage of that poster. Please post that in the 'your favourite poster' thread. It was a spectacular movie, which only seems to grow more as an indie hit in this day and age.

Regards,

-George

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    He is doing what he thinks will win games. I'm pretty sure that all he cares about because wins = job security. The Jazz team as a whole has pretty heavy minute distribution. Our leader in minutes only gets 33 (Al). His minutes are down from years past on the Jazz because the Jazz have an incredible amount of depth.
    Well, I don't think he's consciously saying to himself every day that he needs to humble the young "hot shots". Our psyches are a bit more complex than that as I'm sure you know. That is the point raised from Jazzfanatical: how conscious is Corbin of his proclivity to not play young players large amounts of minutes? I think Corbin wants to win a championship, and in his heart, he thinks that vets will do that. History is on his side in this, but what is the trade off for playing these vets verses limiting them and increasing the young players' minutes? I admit that Corbin is doing what he feels is right for the team now, and I can't fault him for his intentions.

Banned
    Rep Level
    Well, I don't think he's consciously saying to himself every day that he needs to humble the young "hot shots". Our psyches are a bit more complex than that as I'm sure you know. That is the point raised from Jazzfanatical: how conscious is Corbin of his proclivity to not play young players large amounts of minutes? I think Corbin wants to win a championship, and in his heart, he thinks that vets will do that. History is on his side in this, but what is the trade off for playing these vets verses limiting them and increasing the young players' minutes? I admit that Corbin is doing what he feels is right for the team now, and I can't fault him for his intentions.
    Mr JJas, try breaking up your posts into paragraphs.

It is what the pros like Ms. PKM (I'm friends with her, I am not sure if you know) tell me.

-George

Rep Level
    I smell jealousy. Are you jealous, Mr. JJAS?? It is okay if you are, I will tell Ms. PKM and Mr. UGLI ( I am friends with them, I don't know if you know that) to talk to you a little bit more because you are shy sometimes.

Also, interesting usage of that poster. Please post that in the 'your favourite poster' thread. It was a spectacular movie, which only seems to grow more as an indie hit in this day and age.

Regards,

-George
    Thanks for the kind words, Dal. It is interesting that you "smell jealously". That's almost poetic, as the enchanting young maiden doth walk by, you smell jealously her captivating redolence. Very nice! Another peculiarity is your use of the British or rather, Canadian, "favourite". Since you live in Colorado, you must often have occasion to slip into a more archaic form of the English tongue, you being so poetic and all. Good to have you back!

Banned
    Rep Level
    Thanks for the kind words, Dal. It is interesting that you "smell jealously". That's almost poetic, as the enchanting young maiden doth walk by, you smell jealously her captivating redolence. Very nice! Another peculiarity is your use of the British or rather, Canadian, "favourite". Since you live in Colorado, you must often have occasion to slip into a more archaic form of the English tongue, you being so poetic and all. Good to have you back!
    I am a man of science, Mr. JJAS. Maybe one day you shall understand.

-George

Banned
    Rep Level
    Also, please refer to me as George. I am not Dal, or Dalamon as some seem to think.

-George

Rep Level
    Mr JJas, try breaking up your posts into paragraphs.

It is what the pros like Ms. PKM (I'm friends with her, I am not sure if you know) tell me.

-George
    Thanks for the English lesson again, you being Canadian and all. Where would you have separated the clauses and sentences? Could you teach me the periodic style. I'll take notes.

Banned
    Rep Level
    Thanks for the English lesson again, you being Canadian and all. Where would you have separated the clauses and sentences? Could you teach me the periodic style. I'll take notes.
    I am not Canadian sir. I am from Colorado.

Rep Level
    I am not Canadian sir. I am from Colorado.
    I read you, wink, wink.

Banned
    Rep Level
    I read you, wink, wink.
    Sir. I have nothing to hide. Please respect me and my honesty.