Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Senior Member The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    F#%$ You, Rep Me!
    Posts
    3,182
    Rep Power
    31

    I love trade ideas.

    What if you traded away Sap and/or Albert, and variable assets, of course for Rondo/Pierce (whatever), and then went out and grabbed Jermaine O'Neal. Kermit Corbin obviously wouldn't start O'Neal over Favors, right?

    So I came across this...

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--so...HX3.ZF0oMfPKB4

    and this ....

    http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...8&fr=yfp-t-701

    Even though from November... this is an NBA season, and Boston is doin pretty mediocre.

    So here you have it.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bxgd2yw

    The trade that muffed Dwightgate. Explanation? Boston? New core to surround Garnett, and deepen the bench. Plus, Sap and Mo expire and you have a stack to spend in the Free Agency. Phoenix, huge salary dump for next year, and a good prospect in Sullinger. And for Utah, you get Sap and Al out of here, bring in Rondo with Pierce who can comfortably settle himself as a role player on a young promising team. You also bring in a young Fab Melo and Jermaine O'Neal for backups. Boom, Bitches.

    Rondo/Tinsley/Burks PG - 2
    Hayward/Foye/Burks <- SG -3
    Pierce/Marvin/Carroll SF - 3
    Kanter/O'Neal/Marvin PF - 2
    Favors/Melo/O'Neal C - 2

    Beautiful. If you don't agree to Fab Melo, you're sick. I know it's the D-League, but the guy is going to be a dominant shot blocker in the NBA.
    Last edited by The Fresh Prince; 01-23-2013 at 05:52 AM.

    "Gordon Haystack gets no love."

  2. #2
    Senior Member Hotttnickkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    15,429
    Rep Power
    67
    Boston says "Hell No". They're trading away Mello, Sullinger, Pierce and Rondo for.......???

    Beasely is "Garbage" with a capital "G". They'll let Mo & Millsap go... but now they don't have any PG. Can they seriously get Chris Paul from FA? If not who will they get to run the point? Gortat playing with Garnett is not a "core". Who's going to chase around stretch 4's? Gortat's a Center, Garnett can't barely walk let alone run. Then who's their 3rd big? 4th big?

    I like your enthusiasm, but Boston can't hang up the phone fast enough IMO.
    KkKkkKKkkkKkKkkKKKkkkKkkkKkk
    #Hungry
    #LoveYourNeighbour

  3. #3
    Senior Member The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    F#%$ You, Rep Me!
    Posts
    3,182
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    Boston says "Hell No". They're trading away Mello, Sullinger, Pierce and Rondo for.......???

    Beasely is "Garbage" with a capital "G". They'll let Mo & Millsap go... but now they don't have any PG. Can they seriously get Chris Paul from FA? If not who will they get to run the point? Gortat playing with Garnett is not a "core". Who's their 3rd big? 4th big?

    I like your enthusiasm, but Boston can't hang up the phone fast enough IMO.
    Williams, Terry, Bradley and Barbosa.
    Melo hasn't played an NBA game this year. Sullinger isn't giving them an immediate spark, is he?
    Still got Jeff Green. Now you got Millsap. Now you got Gortat. For the giggles, yeah you got Beasley. You had Garnett. You had Wilcox. Oh, you got Brandon Bass too. ABC's kid, 3, 4, 5, 6 bigs in front of your eyes.
    The roster, as it stands is ****. Draft picks are not mentioned in this trade, but you can imagine they'd build this to benefit moreso. Not every team needs a point guard to average over 9 assists a game to go to the Finals. Boston would be deep with fresh talent.

    Mo/Bradley/Barbosa
    Lee/Terry/Barbosa
    Millsap/Beasley/Green
    Garnett/Bass/Green
    Gortat/Wilcox

    And Beasley was obviously a filler, that serves purpose as a small forward to come off the bench. I guess I should write all of this out so you can comprehend, man. If Boston does this trade dude, they can still contend in the East this year, do whatever they please in the free agency, and you know for damn sure that they'll attract big name free agents. So where are you getting the "Hell no" from? Why would Boston want to stick with mediocrity this year, and have to live with it the next because they're pumping over 33 million dollars into Rondo, Pierce, and Garnett?
    Last edited by The Fresh Prince; 01-23-2013 at 06:32 AM.

    "Gordon Haystack gets no love."

  4.  

     

  5. #4
    Senior Member LunaticWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,073
    Rep Power
    16
    Phoenix doesnt get enough, and give up everything.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

  6. #5
    Senior Member franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    11,970
    Rep Power
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fresh Prince View Post
    Williams, Terry, Bradley and Barbosa.
    Melo hasn't played an NBA game this year. Sullinger isn't giving them an immediate spark, is he?
    Still got Jeff Green. Now you got Millsap. Now you got Gortat. For the giggles, yeah you got Beasley. You had Garnett. You had Wilcox. Oh, you got Brandon Bass too. ABC's kid, 3, 4, 5, 6 bigs in front of your eyes.
    The roster, as it stands is ****. Draft picks are not mentioned in this trade, but you can imagine they'd build this to benefit moreso. Not every team needs a point guard to average over 9 assists a game to go to the Finals. Boston would be deep with fresh talent.

    Mo/Bradley/Barbosa
    Lee/Terry/Barbosa
    Millsap/Beasley/Green
    Garnett/Bass/Green
    Gortat/Wilcox

    And Beasley was obviously a filler, that serves purpose as a small forward to come off the bench. I guess I should write all of this out so you can comprehend, man. If Boston does this trade dude, they can still contend in the East this year, do whatever they please in the free agency, and you know for damn sure that they'll attract big name free agents. So where are you getting the "Hell no" from? Why would Boston want to stick with mediocrity this year, and have to live with it the next because they're pumping over 33 million dollars into Rondo, Pierce, and Garnett?
    Thanks for mocking us, Prince Albert. Very well put together.

  7. #6
    Senior Member The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    F#%$ You, Rep Me!
    Posts
    3,182
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    Phoenix doesnt get enough, and give up everything.
    Must be a joke. You ever hear of free agency, and have you also heard that Phoenix is well below .500?

    No? It's time to throw the Zenith and the Windows 95 in the trash, home skillet.

    But anyways, Looney, I'm sorry. I Didn't know Marcin Gortat, Mikey Basilleaf and O'Neal were the dynasty of the Suns. They sure would be doomed next year with more than 25 million in free cap space.

    "Gordon Haystack gets no love."

  8. #7
    Senior Member Hotttnickkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    15,429
    Rep Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fresh Prince View Post
    Williams, Terry, Bradley and Barbosa.
    Melo hasn't played an NBA game this year. Sullinger isn't giving them an immediate spark, is he?
    Still got Jeff Green. Now you got Millsap. Now you got Gortat. For the giggles, yeah you got Beasley. You had Garnett. You had Wilcox. Oh, you got Brandon Bass too. ABC's kid, 3, 4, 5, 6 bigs in front of your eyes.
    The roster, as it stands is ****. Draft picks are not mentioned in this trade, but you can imagine they'd build this to benefit moreso. Not every team needs a point guard to average over 9 assists a game to go to the Finals. Boston would be deep with fresh talent.

    Mo/Bradley/Barbosa
    Lee/Terry/Barbosa
    Millsap/Beasley/Green
    Garnett/Bass/Green
    Gortat/Wilcox

    And Beasley was obviously a filler, that serves purpose as a small forward to come off the bench. I guess I should write all of this out so you can comprehend, man. If Boston does this trade dude, they can still contend in the East this year, do whatever they please in the free agency, and you know for damn sure that they'll attract big name free agents. So where are you getting the "Hell no" from? Why would Boston want to stick with mediocrity this year, and have to live with it the next because they're pumping over 33 million dollars into Rondo, Pierce, and Garnett?
    Boston will contend with Mo at the point and Lee at the SG? Millsap playing full time SF? Garnett with half a knee running around stretch 4's?

    Contending for what? The 8th seed in the Playoffs?

    Not sure if serious...
    KkKkkKKkkkKkKkkKKKkkkKkkkKkk
    #Hungry
    #LoveYourNeighbour

  9. #8
    Senior Member The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    F#%$ You, Rep Me!
    Posts
    3,182
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    Boston will contend with Mo at the point and Lee at the SG? Millsap playing full time SF? Garnett with half a knee running around stretch 4's?

    Contending for what? The 8th seed in the Playoffs?

    Not sure if serious...
    So what do they got now, man? You're acting like Boston is 20 games over .500 and just needs a small tune-up. The team's in limbo. They can do whatever this year, and they can land any free agent they please the next.

    You'll be back though, "But, but, but..." You remind me of one of those kids.

    "Gordon Haystack gets no love."

  10. #9
    Senior Member Hotttnickkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    15,429
    Rep Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fresh Prince View Post
    So what do they got now, man? You're acting like Boston is 20 games over .500 and just needs a small tune-up. The team's in limbo. They can do whatever this year, and they can land any free agent they please the next.

    You'll be back though, "But, but, but..." You remind me of one of those kids.
    There is a reason nobody is excited about your trade.... I'll leave it at that bro.
    KkKkkKKkkkKkKkkKKKkkkKkkkKkk
    #Hungry
    #LoveYourNeighbour

  11. #10
    Senior Member The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    F#%$ You, Rep Me!
    Posts
    3,182
    Rep Power
    31
    Who gets excited over a trade idea?

    "Gordon Haystack gets no love."

  12. #11
    Senior Member The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    F#%$ You, Rep Me!
    Posts
    3,182
    Rep Power
    31
    Phoenix though, is a contender and Boston is too. Utah's the worst team in this trade, and I guess collecting Rondo and Pierce would be a steal in it's own mind. Paul Pierce is running for MVP this year, what the hell was I thinking?

    "Gordon Haystack gets no love."

  13. #12
    Senior Member Hotttnickkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    15,429
    Rep Power
    67
    I'll help you out.

    Trades for Rondo has been discussed here on JazzFanz for a while now. It's almost a certainty that we would have to give up at least one of the 4 young core to get him.

    But now you're saying we can just throw out Jefferson, Millsap, Mo, and land not only Rondo but Pierce as well?

    If that's a possibility I think KOC would have already made that deal.
    KkKkkKKkkkKkKkkKKKkkkKkkkKkk
    #Hungry
    #LoveYourNeighbour

  14. #13
    Senior Member The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    F#%$ You, Rep Me!
    Posts
    3,182
    Rep Power
    31
    This trade was more on the subject that Boston would look to create a new team of stars next year. With nearly 32 million dollars being shed after this season, Dwight Howard and CP3 could be signed (If they want em) and then Millsap is retained, the Celtics just pack a punched. Free agency is purty deep this up n coming year.

    Won't lie, I came up with this whole idea when I was high. Kind of threw it together, but so, anyways. It's like when your high and have the munchies, you just throw a bunch of seasonings, food together and it still tastes like Chef Ramsey whipped it up.

    This trade I feel is still a chef salad, not something you made at the salad bar. It serves a purpose. Not for the now, for Boston, but for next year. It's not like the Celtics have never been a bad team, or a mediocre team. Think back to 2005-2006, 06-07. Think back to the mid 90's.

    People at Jazzfanz cry after a win, and are bipolar with whether or not they like the players on this team... so yeah. Who gives a Fred about a Jazzfanz opinion on a trade thread.

    Atleast I wasn't sick enough to ask for Boozer back.
    Last edited by The Fresh Prince; 01-23-2013 at 05:02 PM.

    "Gordon Haystack gets no love."

  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,781
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fresh Prince View Post
    This trade was more on the subject that Boston would look to create a new team of stars next year. With nearly 32 million dollars being shed after this season, Dwight Howard and CP3 could be signed (If they want em) and then Millsap is retained, the Celtics just pack a punched. Free agency is purty deep this up n coming year.

    Won't lie, I came up with this whole idea when I was high. Kind of threw it together, but so, anyways. It's like when your high and have the munchies, you just throw a bunch of seasonings, food together and it still tastes like Chef Ramsey whipped it up.

    This trade I feel is still a chef salad, not something you made at the salad bar. It serves a purpose. Not for the now, for Boston, but for next year. It's not like the Celtics have never been a bad team, or a mediocre team. Think back to 2005-2006, 06-07. Think back to the mid 90's.

    People at Jazzfanz cry after a win, and are bipolar with whether or not they like the players on this team... so yeah. Who gives a Fred about a Jazzfanz opinion on a trade thread.

    Atleast I wasn't sick enough to ask for Boozer back.
    Nice perspective.

    Nice Location.

  16. #15
    Senior Member The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    F#%$ You, Rep Me!
    Posts
    3,182
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Nice perspective.

    Nice Location.
    I try.

    Can't reason with the feebs on Jazzfanz. Not every trade is going to benefit every team for the now. That's why they put the word 'future' in the dictionary. I know Corbin is raping us of ours, but Boston can dump 2 big contracts this year and hit a homerun next.
    Last edited by The Fresh Prince; 01-23-2013 at 05:41 PM.

    "Gordon Haystack gets no love."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •