Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Durant

Rep Level
    I think this is the first time I've seen Lebron criticized for "not being able to come up big in clutch moments" since he got his ring. He scored like 45 when he was facing elimination against both Indiana AND Boston, while also getting near triple-doubles, and did it on the road.

What really needs to be mentioned is the 2012 Olympics. Who was it that Coach K went to down the stretch? Kobe? Melo? Durant? No, it was Lebron ****ing James.

Banned
    Rep Level
    LeBron quit on the Cavs in the playoffs.

Some of us don't forget stuff like that.

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    LeBron quit on the Cavs in the playoffs.

Some of us don't forget stuff like that.
    Eh, he got them to that point by himself though, a man can only do so much

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
    Eh, he got them to that point by himself though, a man can only do so much
    A man can only do so much until he decides he doesn't care about his team, his teammates and his fans anymore. He quit on his team. Forgive him for that if you want. Make excuses for him even. He quit on his team, his no. 1 seeded team.

It's that sort of thing that, despite his massive skill, sets Durant apart from him, IMHO.

Banned
    Rep Level
    I dont care about the Cavs so I have nothing to forgive him for. Durrant has never had to shoulder the pressure, the expectations, had to carry a team by himself, had everyone questioning every decision he makes, the comparison is a bit unfair

Rep Level

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post

I want to rep this so hard, but apparently I rep you to much

Rep Level

Kevin Durant has never choked like LeBron James. Durant led the National team to a world championship gold medal, was a huge factor in their taking gold in the Olympics, and has never taken anything other than gold. Lets see how the Heat do against them this year. Don't forget LeBron stacked the decks to win his first championship!

He has more clutch in his jeans than a motorcycle mechanic. I would take Durant right now over anyone in the league!
    Likes addictionary liked this post

Rep Level
    A player chokes one time and is therefore never clutch again. Got it.

Banned
    Rep Level
    Yeah!! Remember when Stockton put MJ's ass on skates, and drained a game-winner with his ass on the ground???

MJ never avenged that

/sarcasm

-George

Rep Level
    "I'm going to take LeBron James," he said. "I think he's the best player in the league, in the world. I think Kevin Durant is proving that he is going to dominate this league for a long time, as well, but right now I'm taking LeBron James."

"LeBron James is better because he's smarter," he said of the growth in James' game. "He added to his game a post up game, which has made him unguardable, and also made him, even when you double-team him, and we saw this in Game 4, he was able to make all his teammates better by taking the double-team and kicking it out for easy jump shots or 3-point shots.

"Before, my biggest knock on LeBron was he was just playing off his God-gifted talent. He was just the best athlete. But he didn't play with his head to match that. Now he's playing with his talent and with his head, and wow, watch out. This guy is going to set the league on fire for a long time."
    --Magic Johnson

"I do think he can be better than Michael. I thought I would never compare somebody to Michael Jordan. But this guy, LeBron James, he does everything well. Michael did everything well. LeBron James is just bigger, stronger, faster. That's the only difference."
    --Charles Barkley

When asked if Jordan was better than Lebron:

"Psh...Lebron is in a class by himself"
    --Oscar Robertson

Rep Level
    Magic and Barkley probably always drooled to put someone above Jordan since they got their asses kicked.

And Oscar Robertson always thought he was the GOAT and yet Jordan was talked about above him and he hates him for that.

Theoratically speaking.

Lebron is an awesome player. Who does not enjoy watching him? I just think Durant is closer to being the next thing. This ain't a **** Lebron thread remember?
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"

Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Dave Locke:
    The Jazz PR guy just walked by shaking his head at you.
    What did you do?

Kanter: I dropped a bomb.

~I'm sure it's hell to go to the public bathroom Kanter uses.

Rep Level
    It's amazing how quickly people forget how many times LeBron went into an indescribable shell when his season was on the line. I have no idea which time you are referring to. Take your pick. Physically, LeBron is in a league of his own; I grant you this. However, I cannot remember in recent history someone choking so many times in big games. LeBron has two bronze medals; Durant has never gotten anything other than gold. This is indicative of his clutch factor and ability to win. It is true that LeBron and Chris Paul made big plays in the final game, but Durant is only 24, so the coach should call on the older vets.

Rep Level
    Durant is hands down best shooter in the league! Lebron's not even close! But Lebron is bigger and stronger. I suspect he has more jailhouse tats, too!

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    It's amazing how quickly people forget how many times LeBron went into an indescribable shell when his season was on the line. I have no idea which time you are referring to. Take your pick. Physically, LeBron is in a league of his own; I grant you this. However, I cannot remember in recent history someone choking so many times in big games. LeBron has two bronze medals; Durant has never gotten anything other than gold. This is indicative of his clutch factor and ability to win. It is true that LeBron and Chris Paul made big plays in the final game, but Durant is only 24, so the coach should call on the older vets.
    Maybe you missed the years when Durant's teams were lucky to beat the Raptors at home?

Lebron's teams have never done as poorly as Durant's, and Durant's teams have never achieved the same level of greatness as Lebron's.