Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    Read my earlier post. The bench blew the lead last night, but since that doesn't fit certain agendas it's time to change the facts. Same thing with the Miami game. It's ridiculous.
    The run was started with the core starters in the game. The bench continued it for sure, but they were cold from Ty's dumbass substitution patterns.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    The bench came in a played like crap, but most of them had been sitting from 4 minutes of the 2nd quarter until the start of the 4th quarter so I get it.
    Dennis Rodman used to go into the locker room and workout during the game sometimes.
    Maybe our guys might try that. I felt I played my best right after doing a little lifting. It seems it gets your muscles psyched up for action.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The run was started with the core starters in the game. The bench continued it for sure, but they were cold from Ty's dumbass substitution patterns.
    Starters were Net 0 from when Favors came in to the end of the third.

The bench was -14 to start the 4th. Then the starters came back in and pushed the lead back to 7.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What I really want to know is what's going to happen to the guys who put suck powder in Al's hair.

I bet it was Evans. He always looks like he's getting away with something. I bet he and Enes were laughing their asses off the 1st half watching Al lumber around scratching and sucking.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas View Post
    Burks with a -14 in 3:26. SLCDunk in an obviously biased post, goes through the play by play and says he did nothing wrong, blames Watson. http://www.slcdunk.com/2013/1/24/391...3-26-of-action

For those that watched the game, do you agree that for the most part, that 3:26 was a Watson fail?
    Yes, he should have had more control over the tempo. They were playing too fast, shooting too early, it was sloppy ball. Burks really capped it with that CJ style chuck that got him yanked but mostly it was just undisciplined play and Wall going nuts.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Read my earlier post. The bench blew the lead last night, but since that doesn't fit certain agendas it's time to change the facts. Same thing with the Miami game. It's ridiculous.

This is the NBA, teams will make runs. It's not like the bench sucks and they deserve to be crucified for inconsistency, and if everybody was a vet (or everybody was on rook contracts) we would still blow leads from time to time. I'm not trying to be down on the young guys. But making up stuff isn't a very good way to make a point.
    Doesn't matter what actually happens when you have blinders on. Most the malcontents were Fire Sloan before they shifted into a Fire Ty crowd, and were Free CJ before they were Free Burks. People with no basketball knowledge have delusions of grandeur in thinking the Jazz would be a fourth seed or better without Corbin. They probably also think they're highway engineers and the folks building bridges should be replaced by the next group, who should be fired too.

A few on here don't like things about Corbin for valid theoretical preferences, but they're few and far between.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hard for me to swallow the notion that bench players need to warm up to have a positive impact. I'm also pretty sure that there wasn't much deviation from Ty's regular 3rd quarter rotations. Blaming the early 4th quarter on something that happened or didn't in the 2nd doesn't make any sense either.

The 3rd was pretty much a wash overall, the starters gained 1 point after going up and down a bit. Tinsley had a couple uncharacteristic turnovers late, I assume that's what you mean by the starters letting them back in it. When Watson and Burks came in Utah was up 17.

I guess I'm having a difficult time getting your point. All I can get out of what you're saying is "Ty is a dumbass, therefore so are all his substitutions."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hard for me to swallow the notion that bench players need to warm up to have a positive impact.
    That's not the point. The issue is this: Does someone play better when they are cold, or warmed up?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreFeasts View Post
    That's not the point. The issue is this: Does someone play better when they are cold, or warmed up?
    Such a cop out.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hard for me to swallow the notion that bench players need to warm up to have a positive impact. I'm also pretty sure that there wasn't much deviation from Ty's regular 3rd quarter rotations. Blaming the early 4th quarter on something that happened or didn't in the 2nd doesn't make any sense either.

The 3rd was pretty much a wash overall, the starters gained 1 point after going up and down a bit. Tinsley had a couple uncharacteristic turnovers late, I assume that's what you mean by the starters letting them back in it. When Watson and Burks came in Utah was up 17.

I guess I'm having a difficult time getting your point. All I can get out of what you're saying is "Ty is a dumbass, therefore so are all his substitutions."
    Ty is a dumbass. Burks and Watson are a disaster in the backcourt; Burks and Tinsley or Burks and Foye seem to work very well. And it wasn't Kanter who was responsible for the 20-2 run by the Wizards, since none of the wings even let him touch the ball. Ty needed to sub to kill the bleeding and pulling Watson was needed. I don't even mind him pulling Burks or Favors, but Kanter was playing a much better game than Al and he should have got at least 5 more minutes of playing time.

Corbin's Mind -- Where panic happens.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It isn't true, Nate and Candrew are completely fabricating the nature of the Wiz's late run. What really happened was the bench had a sloppy stretch in the 4th and the Wizards made a nice run out of it.

Corbin brought the starters back in minus Marvin, they settled down and sealed the game.
    Thanks, I figured as much.

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Read my earlier post. The bench blew the lead last night, but since that doesn't fit certain agendas it's time to change the facts.
    They also built the lead in the second. Take a look at the +/- for the game. On a per minute basis, the bench and starters were about even.

For the season, however, the Jazz bench outscores their opponents, while Jazz starters are outscored by their opponents.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This board suffers from Corbin Derangement Syndrome. If you take a realistic look at our roster compared to other Western conference teams we are right about where we should be, and trending upwards. I'm not saying there's not room for improvement, but for christ's sake people get a grip.
    Hate You Can Trust

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    This board suffers from Corbin Derangement Syndrome. If you take a realistic look at our roster compared to other Western conference teams we are right about where we should be, and trending upwards. I'm not saying there's not room for improvement, but for christ's sake people get a grip.
    I'm a Corbin hater and can agree with this to a degree but when the King of all Morons sits Favors in favor of Jefferson on a clear defensive possession, up one, with under five seconds left in a game, multiple times, there's a major problem. The plane has crashed into the mountain and Corbin was asleep at the ****ing helm.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    So when the bench hits the floor for the first time in the game, the score was tied. Eight minutes later the Jazz are up 15 and rolling, then Corbin -- for no damn reason other than 'just cuz' puts the starters back in to finish the half, and the starters take a -1 +/- into the locker room at the half. But you go ahead and sing the praise of Tyrone Corbin; sing it long and loud and maybe some of us will ignore what we see and believe what we hear.