Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    https://twitter.com/PeterVecsey1

Just scroll through maybe 1 out of every 3 is a Jazz thing. He was just giving props to Tinsley and mocking Johnson for snubbing him in his postgame comments, or something.

For some reason I thought I posted this in the game thread, oh well.
    I don't understand his rants. Has Phil been dissing Tinsley?

Quote Originally Posted by Vermin View Post
    I don't understand his rants. Has Phil been dissing Tinsley?
    I dunno I didn't watch the postgame

It's a combination of two things: 1. Kobe and Nash would never work. This is not a chemistry issue. They're both very successful in their games and are so because they dominate the ball (not in a bad way). Kobe is successful because the ball runs through him. Nash is successful because the ball runs through him. You can't really combine those. This is another reason why Al on the bench doesn't work because his strength lies with the ball running through him, but I digress. 2. Dwight is not a champion. Seriously. He is, quite literally, the next Tracy McGrady but worse. Despite people paying lip service to it, the psychological profile of players is completely underestimated in this game. There is no amount of talent than can compensate for the emotional immaturity that he displayed in Orlando. Now he's upset, again, about touches (go figure).

I hate Kobe. I hated how much everyone in the media kisses his ass. That being said, from a purely psychological standpoint my hat is off as the guy has truly proven himself a champion. Nash too.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Vecsey shredding right through his critics:

"@LostTacoVendor Good comeback, Rich. Guess the good thing about you being such a perfect ******* is you'll never have hemorrhoids."

"@1280Spence Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you've got sacred cows who are off limits. Give me your list so I don't make another mistake "

".@PeterVecsey1 how's your tv job going? "

"@JazzInJersey How's your anonymous, nothing existence going?" (Jersey eh?)

Dude doesn't give a damn, water off his back kind of attitude.

Vecsey's awesome. Public personality responding to criticism on the internet and lowering himself to that level is totally something to be admired. Especially when said public personality is 70 and is likely insulting teenagers here.

**** twitter. It's practically incomprehensible to me, easily my least favorite form of communication in this grand new digital age.

*Edit* Also I am loving the Lakers absolute suckitude. Regardless of how our season turns out this year will be special if for no other reason than that the Lakers are much worse than I expected them to be. And I was very skeptical about the moves they made this past off season.
    Hate You Can Trust

Well, like I said a couple of times: "Dwight Howard will never win a championship".

I know it's not nice to take joy in others' misfortunes, but man it just feels great to see the Lakers playing so poorly.
    Buckle Up Jazz

Tank Watch Bottom (or is it Top?) 5:

1. Milwaukee Bucks 15-66 L2
    2. Philadelphia 76ers 18-63 W1
    3. Orlando Magic 23-58 L3
    4. Utah Jazz 24-57 L5
    5. Boston Celtics 25-56 L1

The Lakers have a lot of problems, but one of them is that Dwight Howard is a glorified Tyson Chandler who thinks he's Hakeem Olajuwon.

Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    I know it's not nice to take joy in others' misfortunes
    There are 3 exceptions to that rule:
    LA Lakers
    NY Yankees
    Dallas Cowboys
    JUST WIN (THE LOTTERY) BABY!

each game the lakers lose, i feel like the jazz won a game... i think many here think the same...

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    There are 3 exceptions to that rule:
    LA Lakers
    NY Yankees
    Dallas Cowboys
    For me there are a few more name for that list but this is good for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

I hope they don't shove this thread up our asses Friday.
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"

Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Dave Locke:
    The Jazz PR guy just walked by shaking his head at you.
    What did you do?

Kanter: I dropped a bomb.

~I'm sure it's hell to go to the public bathroom Kanter uses.

Banned
    did somebody say TRAIN

Here's an interesting Simmons quote on the state of the Lakers that validates everything I (and many others) have said about TyCo.

There are two types of coaches …

1. A coach who looks at his players and says, "How can I put these guys in the best position for them to succeed?"

2. A coach who looks at his players and says, "How can I use these guys to make my system succeed?"

Now, think about the mind-set driving Coach No. 2: He's basically saying, I'm here only because of my system. I can't actually coach. If you give me the wrong players for my system, it doesn't matter — I will keep using the system anyway, because Plan B would be coming up with a more inventive way to coach these guys. And I can't do that. I'm not good enough. So if it's OK with you, I'd like to go down in flames with my system.