Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Get Her Done

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    258
    Total Rep Points
    -120
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0

    Get Her Done

    Big Al + Marvin + Jazz's 1st for a 1 year rental of Dwight. That just might make the playoff run quite interesting.

    This might even give us a chance at resigning him in the offseason (assuming he fits in well with our offense and we make a push in the playoffs to the WCF)

  2.  

     

  3. #2
    Senior Member shadler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    304
    Total Rep Points
    78
    Rep Adjustment Power
    17

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by D Will Texas View Post
    Big Al + Marvin + Jazz's 1st for a 1 year rental of Dwight. That just might make the playoff run quite interesting.

    This might even give us a chance at resigning him in the offseason (assuming he fits in well with our offense and we make a push in the playoffs to the WCF)

  4. #3
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    8,027
    Total Rep Points
    11796
    Rep Adjustment Power
    57
    It would be about as interesting as the Lakers run with Howard
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

  5. #4
    Senior Member bovice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    687
    Total Rep Points
    902
    Rep Adjustment Power
    13
    I'd do it, 2015 or 2016 first though

  6. #5
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,727
    Total Rep Points
    16443
    Rep Adjustment Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by bovice View Post
    I'd do it, 2015 or 2016 first though
    2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  7. #6
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Total Rep Points
    4739
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Dwight Howard kinda reminds me of Deron Williams.

    -Both have been notorious for getting their coaches fired both on their old team (Sloan and SVG) and their new team (Avery and Brown)
    -Both were traded in a big time blockbuster deal.
    -Both had injuries before they got traded. Both these injuries have them playing at below league average.
    -Both were over-rated due to the system they were in. Orlando with the 1 down, 4 up offense and Deron with Sloan's offense.
    -Both are pre-Madonnas

  8. #7
    Senior Member Ellipse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,788
    Total Rep Points
    1898
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Dwight Howard kinda reminds me of Deron Williams.

    -Both have been notorious for getting their coaches fired both on their old team (Sloan and SVG) and their new team (Avery and Brown)
    -Both were traded in a big time blockbuster deal.
    -Both had injuries before they got traded. Both these injuries have them playing at below league average.
    -Both were over-rated due to the system they were in. Orlando with the 1 down, 4 up offense and Deron with Sloan's offense.
    -Both are pre-Madonnas
    Does that make them Cyndi Laupers?

  9. #8
    Senior Member Ellipse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,788
    Total Rep Points
    1898
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipse View Post
    Does that make them Cyndi Laupers?
    Sorry, I think its time to take my meds and go to bed.

  10. #9
    Senior Member The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Downtown talking to Toure Murry!
    Posts
    3,573
    Total Rep Points
    6984
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    Do it.
    Howard's a faithful guy, goes to church, maybe a year or two in Utah and he goes Mormon?

    I could eat a peach for hours.

  11. #10
    Senior Member The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Downtown talking to Toure Murry!
    Posts
    3,573
    Total Rep Points
    6984
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    "I am Dwight Howard, and I am a Mormon."

    I could eat a peach for hours.

  12. #11
    Senior Member Thee jazz fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,362
    Total Rep Points
    7365
    Rep Adjustment Power
    39
    Get Pres. Monson on the jazz payroll!

  13. #12
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Total Rep Points
    4739
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipse View Post
    Does that make them Cyndi Laupers?
    That's an assist to me and a field goal for you.

  14. #13
    Senior Member infection's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,240
    Total Rep Points
    6500
    Rep Adjustment Power
    38
    Reading over some comments here are my thoughts:

    Dwight gets coaches fired? Interesting -- win. We couldn't/wouldn't resign Dwight? Win. We'd forfit our opportunity to lock up Big Al? Win. Losing Marvin opens up the wingman rotation? Win.

    In short: I think this scenario is worth giving up our draft pick if for no other reason than to force the hand of the front office because we know they can't/won't make these (not so) tough decisions actively.

  15. #14
    I Like Warm Hugs Stifle Tower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Saving up for League Pass
    Posts
    14,924
    Total Rep Points
    26820
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by infection View Post
    Reading over some comments here are my thoughts:

    Dwight gets coaches fired? Interesting -- win. We couldn't/wouldn't resign Dwight? Win. We'd forfit our opportunity to lock up Big Al? Win. Losing Marvin opens up the wingman rotation? Win.

    In short: I think this scenario is worth giving up our draft pick if for no other reason than to force the hand of the front office because we know they can't/won't make these (not so) tough decisions actively.
    Hmmm...
    I could be talked into this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •