Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Al Jefferson is an enigma

I think we at our worst when we try to get the ball inside, just try to pound the ball inside. Team do a great job of, you know, just keying in on the inside, you know, the bigs. But when we flowing in our offense, guys double team, guys cut, you know, just to get another guy open, and Gordon or Randy get a wide-open shot, you know, off a double team. You know, I think that’s when we at our best because teams gotta pick and choose their poison…The one game I missed against Toronto, the way they moved the ball, I remember I said when I came back I wanna keep it like that, ’cause it was the best thing I ever seen. You know, the ball just kept moving.
    -George

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Al is just Awesome. He's the best thing to happen to our team since Stock and Malone left.
    Check out my series, "The Bowl of Souls" On Amazon!
    http://www.amazon.com/Trevor-H.-Cool...r_dp_pel_pop_1

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Al isn't great, but I'm very happy that at least he understands what needs to happen for the offense and team to be successful. If he was just a slightly better help defender I think I would be quite happy with him.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    His improvement in passing, and his decreased number of attempts, show he's willing to play within the offense.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    George, can you give me your commentary on how easy a decision it is for Corbin to play Foye 30+ minutes over Young Beezy when the former is 64th in TS% and the latter a horrific 302nd? Also, on a scale of 1-10, how bad is it when you post a +/- of negative fourteen in under four minutes of play?

Thanks, I'll log out of life and take your answer offline.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    George, can you give me your commentary on how easy a decision it is for Corbin to play Foye 30+ minutes over Young Beezy when the former is 64th in TS% and the latter a horrific 302nd? Also, on a scale of 1-10, how bad is it when you post a +/- of negative fourteen in under four minutes of play?

Not all of Burks time has to come from Foye. Tinsley played 35 minutes and Watson 13... From what I have seen, having Burks, Foye and Hayward on the court together has been fairly effective.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Not all of Burks time has to come from Foye. Tinsley played 35 minutes and Watson 13... From what I have seen, having Burks, Foye and Hayward on the court together has been fairly effective.
    As long as Mo's injured I'm cool with Burks getting burn at point guard over Watson.

Hayward's getting much better at running the offense as well, so Burks-Hay-Carroll/Ma could work in situations. Hayward is starting to get the PnR, even with Al Jefferson being the roller.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Al Jefferson is a Riddle Wrapped In A Mystery Inside An Enigma. I was at the game against the Wizards and our movement on offense sucks with Big Al. But, it's not Big Al's fault, it's Ty's fault. Ty relies on Big Al because he can always get his shot off. It might not go in, and it might be forced, but he can get it off. I think it's because Ty doesn't have confidence in a lot of the team to get a good shot off. I don't think Ty is going to change unless management forces his hand. We need a Billy Bean type of trade.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    As long as Mo's injured I'm cool with Burks getting burn at point guard over Watson.

Hayward's getting much better at running the offense as well, so Burks-Hay-Carroll/Ma could work in situations. Hayward is starting to get the PnR, even with Al Jefferson being the roller.
    I agree. It does not even necessarilly have to be Burks at the 1 but 3 minutes and as many DNP as he has is absolute crap. If he is going to excell then give him the chance to. If he is going to crash and burn then let us figure that out now and move forward accordingly.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    "Hay starting to get the PnR..."
    Music to the ears of any jazz fan.

Now, where's the trade?
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by sojodave View Post
    Al Jefferson is a Riddle Wrapped In A Mystery Inside An Enigma. I was at the game against the Wizards and our movement on offense sucks with Big Al. But, it's not Big Al's fault, it's Ty's fault. Ty relies on Big Al because he can always get his shot off. It might not go in, and it might be forced, but he can get it off. I think it's because Ty doesn't have confidence in a lot of the team to get a good shot off. I don't think Ty is going to change unless management forces his hand. We need a Billy Bean type of trade.
    i can get my shot off to.
    heck every single jazz player can do that.
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Here is my biggest issue. With Al our offense is dump it down low and let him go to work. That doesn't work for our young guys, especially Favors. I think we fail to put them in a position to exceed by making them a back to the basket type player. It's like building your offense around a running quarterback but your backup is a pocket quarterback. You can try to make your pocket quarterback run but it won't work. As long as this offense is catered to Big Al we will fail to properly use Favors, and to a lesser extent, Enes. Watching us go to Favors on the block for multiple possessions in the 4th quarter was painful.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    George, take plenty of time answering this one.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by sojodave View Post
    I think you're onto something.

As of right now, I think I would be okay to re-signing Al to 10 mil per, and one day relegating him to the bench once Kanter outplays him on offense (already outplaying him defensively)

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    big al is so unselfish and underappreciated bros, i hope he wins a championship and proves the haters wrong