Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Ridiculous. Carroll is the Jazz's second best wing player, yet he gets no burn.
    Carroll has been jerked around just like Burks, Kanter, and Favors.
    Carroll needs to get consistent minutes just like the other young studs. He has proven himself to be far more valuable than Marvin.

I just don't agree with Corbin's philosophy. He doesn't go with what's working. Burks, and Foye was a brilliant move, it was fun to watch,
    and he went away from it. I just don't get where Corbin's head is at, or how small his sack is.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Ty Corbin proves once again that he's in over his head. It's so obvious.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Very frustrating game. Lakers' real achilles heal is Nash's defense, and we did try to exploit that but Tinsley couldn't make a shot, and you know Earl, he's good for about 20 percent from the outside. The fact that Corbin stuck with Foye who was off and didn't play Carroll or Kanter, was a big mistake. Also, could've let Burks run the point and let him abuse Nash with ISOs. Corbin just doesn't have a feel for match-ups, which also was a weakness of Jerry.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    Very frustrating game. Lakers' real achilles heal is Nash's defense, and we did try to exploit that but Tinsley couldn't make a shot, and you know Earl, he's good for about 20 percent from the outside. The fact that Corbin stuck with Foye who was off and didn't play Carroll or Kanter, was a big mistake. Also, could've let Burks run the point and let him abuse Nash with ISOs. Corbin just doesn't have a feel for match-ups, which also was a weakness of Jerry.
    Which also means Corbin is still stuck in the 1990's. This isn't barnyard basketball, this the NBA!

I could eat a peach for hours.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Armchair coach! Away!!!!
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you about the system in general.
    You should be. The offense does run differently when Al is on the bench. It's less effective, but it's different (the second quarter of the Washington game is a perfect example for those with the ability to rewatch games). With Carroll and Hayward in, the Jazz run more sets with Kanter and Favors at the high post, with Hayward and Carroll cutting along the baseline and around the bigs' screens. This is nearly impossible with Al in, as he's uncomfortable in the high post (although he's been effective at times this season, admittedly) and hasn't set a screen in his life. Unfortunately, Earl's play has been poor this season, and his opposite number sags WAY off, limiting the effectiveness of the off-ball movement.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    You should be. The offense does run differently when Al is on the bench. It's less effective, but it's different (the second quarter of the Washington game is a perfect example for those with the ability to rewatch games). With Carroll and Hayward in, the Jazz run more sets with Kanter and Favors at the high post, with Hayward and Carroll cutting along the baseline and around the bigs' screens. This is nearly impossible with Al in, as he's uncomfortable in the high post (although he's been effective at times this season, admittedly) and hasn't set a screen in his life. Unfortunately, Earl's play has been poor this season, and his opposite number sags WAY off, limiting the effectiveness of the off-ball movement.
    I meant that I don't disagree with the general statement that our offense sucks.

The rest of that post explains part of my reasons for disagreeing with BS's statement that the offense is the "same". Such a statement, taken too far, is obviously wrong as ****.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    Armchair coach! Away!!!!
    To be fair I don't think many people here would be a worse coach than Ty. He's simply awful.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    Armchair coach! Away!!!!
    You'd support an armchair coach, too.

I could eat a peach for hours.