Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    I'm just not convinced Burks is anything special other than a fairly good bench scorer.
    Yeah lately he's been boneheaded. I thought he was an inside-out player. Someone who could drive like a boss and also hit the outside J every now and then and get to the free throw line. That type of player is special.

Haven't seen that much this year. The player I'm seeing lately is a Martell Webster type boneheaded 2 gaurd. Really hope he goes back to what he was doing last year. Again, maybe if the chains were looser, he might be better but maybe that's why the chains are there in the first place- he might not be the player we thought he was.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by infection View Post
    I still like any deal that sends out Al and takes back Rondo. Or even just sends out Al.
    Keep Al Jefferson.
    15 million off the books? You keep that guy so you can get more pennies to GO HARD FOR TEAGUE.

Millsap, Marvin, Burks - Use those guys to get Pierce in some way, shape or form that doesn't involve trading for big contracts (I.e Bass/Green/Terry < - Say no to that)

I'm a genius, man. Marvin's 8 mils off the books for next year, because you know he'd opt in. Burks is gone, so nobody can bitch about Burks not getting his minutes... and Millsap is gone, as well so no more 25 foot fade away jumpers that even your grandmother knew had no chance of hell going in.

Enter Paul Pierce, and now we got a guy who can still give you 15 points per game and expires next year. If the experiment works out, you can sign him back for cheap. It it doesn't, then thanks for the 16 million you just wiped off our cap so we can get another good player out of Free Agency.

Some people just look at names, use half of their brain and say BOOOO like Cope.

Use your brain, my friends.

I could eat a peach for hours.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fresh Prince View Post
    Keep Al Jefferson.
    15 million off the books? You keep that guy so you can get more pennies to GO HARD FOR TEAGUE.

Millsap, Marvin, Burks - Use those guys to get Pierce in some way, shape or form that doesn't involve trading for big contracts (I.e Bass/Green/Terry < - Say no to that)

I'm a genius, man. Marvin's 8 mils off the books for next year, because you know he'd opt in. Burks is gone, so nobody can bitch about Burks not getting his minutes... and Millsap is gone, as well so no more 25 foot fade away jumpers that even your grandmother knew had no chance of hell going in.

Enter Paul Pierce, and now we got a guy who can still give you 15 points per game and expires next year. If the experiment works out, you can sign him back for cheap. It it doesn't, then thanks for the 16 million you just wiped off our cap so we can get another good player out of Free Agency.

Some people just look at names, use half of their brain and say BOOOO like Cope.

Use your brain, my friends.
    I include Jefferson because if his contract expires as a Jazzman it's nearly a foregone conclusion his contract is renewed as a Jazzman. There's no way we let him go. We're not quite smart enough to realize that it'd be more beneficial to allow him to sign elsewhere. We'll be under the idea of "lolz too much talent! Good price for talent and talent is talent FTW !!!"

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    screw pierce!
    (i would love rondo though)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Wezzur and Cy..... I think it funny that y'all are so down on burks...

When he has been given minutes he produces...

But Ty just yanks him out if he doesn't click right away...

If Ty did the same thing to Foye we would all be looking to dump his butt, but Ty keeps him in and let's him play the second half which allows Foye to have good numbers..

I was so pissed the other night when burks and Waston came in and Watson sucked it up and three minutes later Tinsley and Foye came in for burks and Watson... Burks was just guilty by association!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Jazz are about saving money but will give up expiring contracts, youth, and picks for a washed up volume scorer who is owed a butt load next year? Makes sense
    Washed up? Makes sense.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    These threads are like reading some Ethiopian kid's Christmas list.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    Wezzur and Cy..... I think it funny that y'all are so down on burks...

When he has been given minutes he produces...

But Ty just yanks him out if he doesn't click right away...

If Ty did the same thing to Foye we would all be looking to dump his butt, but Ty keeps him in and let's him play the second half which allows Foye to have good numbers..

I was so pissed the other night when burks and Waston came in and Watson sucked it up and three minutes later Tinsley and Foye came in for burks and Watson... Burks was just guilty by association!!
    Not really down on him, I just think he gets a bit over hyped on this board.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    I'm just not convinced Burks is anything special other than a fairly good bench scorer.
    And by fairly good he means 302nd in the league in TS% and a 16 point deficit in ORtg compared to Randy Foye.
    No Mediocrity

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    And by fairly good he means 302nd in the league in TS% and a 16 point deficit in ORtg compared to Randy Foye.
    Dwyane Wade, dude. Dwyane Wade.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Just say no to Pierce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    These threads are like reading some Ethiopian kid's Christmas list.
    And how's that?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fresh Prince View Post
    And how's that?
    Cuz it ain't ****in happening.

If Pierce goes anywhere, which is highly unlikely, they're not sending him to Utah.

Pierce has played for The Celtics his entire career - including a a few years when the team was absolute garbage. In Boston they talk about Pierce in the same breath that they talk about Cousy, Russell, Havlichek, Bird, McHale, DJ and Parish. All those guys finished their careers in Boston with the exception of Parish who they begged to retire but he decided he wanted to play into his 40's. Ainge recognizes this as much as anyone. Ainge knows Red would never, ever trade Pierce and fair or unfair, that is the guy he will always be expected to live up to.

In the very, very unlikely event he trades Pierce to cut salary or for someone like Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap they'll run him out of town and send his ass back to Phoenix.....again.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I agree. Pierce is second all time Celtic scorer.
    He may even catch Havlicek and be #1 if he stays long enough.
    Celtic fans would riot if he got traded against his will.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    Cuz it ain't ****in happening.

If Pierce goes anywhere, which is highly unlikely, they're not sending him to Utah.

Pierce has played for The Celtics his entire career - including a a few years when the team was absolute garbage. In Boston they talk about Pierce in the same breath that they talk about Cousy, Russell, Havlichek, Bird, McHale, DJ and Parish. All those guys finished their careers in Boston with the exception of Parish who they begged to retire but he decided he wanted to play into his 40's. Ainge recognizes this as much as anyone. Ainge knows Red would never, ever trade Pierce and fair or unfair, that is the guy he will always be expected to live up to.

In the very, very unlikely event he trades Pierce to cut salary or for someone like Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap they'll run him out of town and send his ass back to Phoenix.....again.
    Fair enough, but this guy has been brought up in trade talks time, and time again.

You'll probably start to see Bostonians get fed up with this Celtics team, and ask for Pierce to be traded them damn selves.

In my world, I'd imagine Paul Pierce would make for a great role player on this team, but we have Ty the Sty dictating. Pierce would be the #1 option, most likely... followed by Jeffermom.

So fair enough. Once again.