Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 105

Thread: Im sick of it

  1. #46
    Senior Member Hotttnickkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    18,815
    Total Rep Points
    20608
    Rep Adjustment Power
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fresh Prince View Post
    Teague. <- Restricted....

    Option B - Calderon, if he's not too pricy.

    Dalembert.
    Ivan Johnson. <- Restricted....

    Too early, but some players I just eyed down off the bat. Too bad most of the points are restricted. I'm just not satisfied with Mo and his chuckery, and his point guard IQ.

    O'Connor went out and signed two restricted free agents before. Granted I don't think it's worth throwing the bank to a guy like Johnson, but who knows what will happen.
    Exactly. If you look at it as a business as bad as Al is on defense he's still a good insurance policy.

    It's the same reason Koc went out and got Foye and Marv. in the offseason instead of handing the wheels to Burks and Demare.

    You have to read between the lines bro...lol
    KkKkkKKkkkKkKkkKKKkkkKkkkKkk

    #LoveYourNeighbourHOOD

  2.  

     

  3. #47
    Senior Member The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ready for the big ride, BAYBY!
    Posts
    3,522
    Total Rep Points
    6438
    Rep Adjustment Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    Exactly. If you look at it as a business as bad as Al is on defense he's still a good insurance policy.

    It's the same reason Koc went out and got Foye and Marv. in the offseason instead of handing the wheels to Burks and Demare.

    You have to read between the lines bro...lol
    Oh I've read between the lines. I narrow down my ideas by the day. That's why I'd hope that if the Jazz did keep Jefferson, they sign him to a juicy one year deal, trade Millsap this year for a big expiring next year and go for a big name that year.

    But the ball don't lie, the stats don't lie, Jefferson is a worst player for a playoff team than Tracy McGrady ever was. Greg Miller though probably is lightyears away from seeing that.

    I could eat a peach for hours.

  4. #48
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    7,900
    Total Rep Points
    11471
    Rep Adjustment Power
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    I'm sick of people acting like it's because of 1 game.

    this.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

  5. #49
    Senior Member underKANTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,141
    Total Rep Points
    1098
    Rep Adjustment Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    this.
    yeah, true. it's for a year and a half. kanter, burks and favors stil don't get more minutes. i'm all for radical changes as long as we keep favors, kanter, hayward (and burks). first we need to get rid of fatterson, chuckyfoy, tacobell and pu**y tyco.

  6. #50
    Senior Member Captain Keefe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    100
    Total Rep Points
    66
    Rep Adjustment Power
    16
    We have to keep playing Millsap and Jefferson big minutes until the trade deadline regardless of performance, it is the only way we will get anything of value for either of them. If the trade deadline passes and Jefferson and Millsap are still on the team and still getting the majority of minutes that is a HUGE problem. I will also be livid if we resign Mo Williams. This has actually been my favorite part of the season watching the Jazz because Mo Williams is not playing. Why resign a guy that is injured all the time and cannot run the point and is too small to play the 2? Makes no sense to me. There is a reason he has been on so many teams, he is not that good.

  7. #51
    Senior Member underKANTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,141
    Total Rep Points
    1098
    Rep Adjustment Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Keefe View Post
    We have to keep playing Millsap and Jefferson big minutes until the trade deadline regardless of performance, it is the only way we will get anything of value for either of them. If the trade deadline passes and Jefferson and Millsap are still on the team and still getting the majority of minutes that is a HUGE problem. I will also be livid if we resign Mo Williams. This has actually been my favorite part of the season watching the Jazz because Mo Williams is not playing. Why resign a guy that is injured all the time and cannot run the point and is too small to play the 2? Makes no sense to me. There is a reason he has been on so many teams, he is not that good.
    do you expect this scared and conservative front office to make a move by trade deadline?

  8. #52
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26,252
    Total Rep Points
    13408
    Rep Adjustment Power
    65
    People who call the Jazz FO "scared and conservative" need to get their heads checked. Just because they don't do as many trades as you do when you manage your 2k13 team, doesnt mean they are conservative and scared.

  9. #53
    Senior Member Captain Keefe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    100
    Total Rep Points
    66
    Rep Adjustment Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by underKANTER View Post
    do you expect this scared and conservative front office to make a move by trade deadline?
    I honestly do believe something will happen with at least one of them. At least they have put themselves in a situation where there should be some decent offers. If no deal is offered to make the team better, then you let them both expire. Problem is if they do not move 1 of them I think this coaching staff still would play Millsap and Jefferson the majority of the minutes. That is what scares me most if they do nothing.

  10. #54
    Senior Member underKANTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,141
    Total Rep Points
    1098
    Rep Adjustment Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    People who call the Jazz FO "scared and conservative" need to get their heads checked. Just because they don't do as many trades as you do when you manage your 2k13 team, doesnt mean they are conservative and scared.
    when by trade deadline the front office won't get a solution for our load of bigmen, then you will need your head checked.

  11. #55
    Senior Member infection's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,226
    Total Rep Points
    6500
    Rep Adjustment Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    People who call the Jazz FO "scared and conservative" need to get their heads checked. Just because they don't do as many trades as you do when you manage your 2k13 team, doesnt mean they are conservative and scared.
    If you pick on a straw man it makes it appear that you don't have any valuable critiques to an argument. All moves we make have been reactionary. The last out-of-the-blue non-forced move we made was getting Fisher. We got Korver because of Sloan's problem with Giricek. We've been passive about every RFA we've had. We waited for Boozer to leave before we pursued trade exception. We sat on our hands with AK. When we felt compelled, we traded our franchise player, which you could say is risky. But we traded him for two guys that two years later are glued to the bench. We will sit on our hands with the Al/Paul situation. I think the possibility of an Al or Paul trade is about 15%, with Paul more likely to be traded.

  12. #56
    Senior Member sojodave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In Front Of My 100" Screen
    Posts
    1,762
    Total Rep Points
    1841
    Rep Adjustment Power
    20
    If the Jazz let all contracts expire without doing any deals, do they really think they can sign that many FA in the off season? I'm tired of waiting for the FO to make a deal, please just do it already.

  13. #57
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    46,312
    Total Rep Points
    46481
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    People who call the Jazz FO "scared and conservative" need to get their heads checked. Just because they don't do as many trades as you do when you manage your 2k13 team, doesnt mean they are conservative and scared.
    You know a good head doc?
    #dumptruckin

  14. #58
    Senior Member Hotttnickkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    18,815
    Total Rep Points
    20608
    Rep Adjustment Power
    86
    I know we all LOVE to HATE big Al but in the final 3 minutes VS Pacers, when we've got nothing going, dump it down to Big Al and he scored 5 straight points for us.

    Again in the OT, nothing going offensively, Al scored the first 4 straight points, all 1-on-1 against Hibbert. Then scored again when there's 2 min. left. Then AGAIN with 36 seconds left he SCORED.

    We can hate him all day long, but it's a fact that he's the main reason we just beat the Pacers.

    This is why I believe the Jazz front office Greg/KOC/Lindsey will re-sign Big Al and keep him here. With no obvious superstar in the team, he provides us offense when there's nothing else on. He's an insurance policy we stay afloat in the playoffs race each year and that's good for business.

    Sorry folks, but it's a business at the end of the day.
    KkKkkKKkkkKkKkkKKKkkkKkkkKkk

    #LoveYourNeighbourHOOD

  15. #59
    Senior Member The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ready for the big ride, BAYBY!
    Posts
    3,522
    Total Rep Points
    6438
    Rep Adjustment Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    I know we all LOVE to HATE big Al but in the final 3 minutes VS Pacers, when we've got nothing going, dump it down to Big Al and he scored 5 straight points for us.

    Again in the OT, nothing going offensively, Al scored the first 4 straight points, all 1-on-1 against Hibbert. Then scored again when there's 2 min. left. Then AGAIN with 36 seconds left he SCORED.

    We can hate him all day long, but it's a fact that he's the main reason we just beat the Pacers.

    This is why I believe the Jazz front office Greg/KOC/Lindsey will re-sign Big Al and keep him here. With no obvious superstar in the team, he provides us offense when there's nothing else on. He's an insurance policy we stay afloat in the playoffs race each year and that's good for business.

    Sorry folks, but it's a business at the end of the day.
    Jefferdad would look okay with an actual offense, and a player who can create. Whereas we have none, but BUIG AWLL!

    I could eat a peach for hours.

  16. #60
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26,252
    Total Rep Points
    13408
    Rep Adjustment Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by infection View Post
    If you pick on a straw man it makes it appear that you don't have any valuable critiques to an argument. All moves we make have been reactionary. The last out-of-the-blue non-forced move we made was getting Fisher. We got Korver because of Sloan's problem with Giricek. We've been passive about every RFA we've had. We waited for Boozer to leave before we pursued trade exception. We sat on our hands with AK. When we felt compelled, we traded our franchise player, which you could say is risky. But we traded him for two guys that two years later are glued to the bench. We will sit on our hands with the Al/Paul situation. I think the possibility of an Al or Paul trade is about 15%, with Paul more likely to be traded.
    Trading for Mo, trading for Marvin. How were any of those moves forced or reactionary?

    The Jazz knew they needed some shooting and they went out and made some great moves to get it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •