Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What would it take to get Lowry?

There's rumors the Raptors are looking to deal him. He's only signed through next season (approx. $6 million). He would be a huge upgrade for this team. I wonder if a GS pick would get it done. I imagine the Raptors would deal him for cheap.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/1/2...kers-pau-gasol

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyD View Post
    There's rumors the Raptors are looking to deal him. He's only signed through next season (approx. $6 million). He would be a huge upgrade for this team. I wonder if a GS pick would get it done. I imagine the Raptors would deal him for cheap.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/1/2...kers-pau-gasol
    The 20th pick in the draft gets you a starting PG?

Banned
    How about Al Jefferson?

I'm not sure why Lowry consistently flies under the radar. I would give up any asset we have not named Hayward, Favors or Kanter for him. Burks/Bell (not my first choice but realistic) works financially. A straight Millsap for Lowry also works and saves the organization about $1.5 million over the next 40 or so games. Or if the front office is interested in keeping all our pieces, they could try and send expiring deals (Bell/Watson) plus a pair of picks (2013 GS 1st, 2014 Utah 1st) to Toronto.

Hell id add Marvin and take bargnani to play sf

Millsap and Marvin for Lowery and bargnani. It works plus id just play barge at SF as a shooter or at worst trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_junkie View Post
    Millsap and Marvin for Lowery and bargnani. It works plus id just play barge at SF as a shooter or at worst trade bait
    Trust me, Bargnarni is bad bad bad. Is it any wonder that the Raptors have been a lottery team with him in a ****ty Eastern conference?
    We do not want him. I'd really like someone to argue for Barnarni to me because from what I've of him was that he's Memo Okur with worse defense.

Bargnarni's also got 3 years, $10 million and so not only would he screw us as a player but he would screw us in the cap.

I wouldn't touch Bargnani's toxic deal with a 10 foot pole. Having a player like that eat up between 15-20% of your payroll is a disaster.

Yeah right.

GO HARD FOR TEAGUE.

"Gordon Haystack gets no love."

The Raptors just acquired Lowry, have to wonder why they are looking to trade him after half of one season??

Lowest circle of hell, watching the Jazz on standard def on a tube tv.
    Because of the way they use him he is terrible compared to Calderon, who they have been trying to trade for years.

I think Watson, Bell, and the GS pick ought to get it done. Anyway, if the Raptors won't trade us Lowry we still offer them the GS pick to take Bell. I would like to see him 'earn' his paycheck in Canada and have to pay the extra taxes, and have to pay a Canadian accountant to prepare them.
    The book I want to write: From Showtime to spreadsheet - How analytics killed the NBA.

Three Lowry to Utah trade scenarios:

1. Kyle Lowry and Aaron Gray for Paul Millsap and Earl Watson
    2. Kyle Lowry and Andrea Bargnani for Paul Millsap and Marvin Williams
    3. Kyle Lowry and Andrea Bargnani for Al Jefferson, Earl Watson, and the GSW pick

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    I think Watson, Bell, and the GS pick ought to get it done. Anyway, if the Raptors won't trade us Lowry we still offer them the GS pick to take Bell. I would like to see him 'earn' his paycheck in Canada and have to pay the extra taxes, and have to pay a Canadian accountant to prepare them.
    1. No way in hell Watson-Bell-GS pick lands the Jazz Lowry. Unfortunately, the Raps are terrible trading partners, with a logjam in their frontcourt. The Jazz can only land Lowry by taking on a bad contract, giving up real value or in a 3-way deal.

2. Dump a pick to punish a player who has absolutely no interaction with the team? Yikes.

Also, Lowry is not worth paying Bargnani $22mm over the next two seasons. As a SF...? HAHAHAHAHA!
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    The Raptors just acquired Lowry, have to wonder why they are looking to trade him after half of one season??
    Because he's being a bitch and wore out his welcome. Mo for salary and the worst of our pick and GSW does it.

Lowest circle of hell, watching the Jazz on standard def on a tube tv.
    Crazy happens in the NBA. Memphis traded away two rotation players and a prospect for a guy who had already been traded once and couldn't make the Cav's roster---and they paid the Cav's a lottery pick to do it!

Economics is driving the NBA as much as competition.
    The book I want to write: From Showtime to spreadsheet - How analytics killed the NBA.