Page 18 of 96 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    DWill2 is not a sf.
    Also not convinced Burke will be a NBA starting pg.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Al Jefferson for a bag of peanuts. Even an empty bag.

You know LA is up in this...Where you at?
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Remind me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Jazz even worked Derrick Williams out for the 3rd pick in the 2011 draft. I'm pretty sure they don't like him. He's doesn't really fit with the Jazz system.
    Take this for what it's worth - Right before the lottery when the jazz had not yet gotten the third pick i heard the following (third hand) - that the jazz loved Williams and were going to do whatever they could to get him. Obviously it did not work, but the jazz did really want him at one point. This was said by Randy Rigby to one of the big time corporate big cats who has been seen at away games with jazz higher ups and is good friends with Rigby. This guy then relayed it to my best friend.

Edit- I think everyone wanted Williams at draft time though so this isn't a big deal.
    Last edited by Mr. McGibblets; 02-04-2013 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Edited to change time

Go Jazz.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    al jefferson to euroleague. book it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I would love to trade for Jason Thompson. He would be the perfect fit for Utah. He's under contract for the next 4 years after this year. He could start at pf till Kanter is ready to take over the starter role at C, then becomes the 3rd big off the bench. Where as Millsap would not want to come off the bench. Dude is 6-11 can defend, score a little in the paint and score from 18 feet out.

With the Kings in a life time rebuild, I wonder if we could get him for Marvin? This would open up minutes for Robinson. They spent a high draft pick to get him, and may feel pressure to play him more. Could you guys see this happening for just Marvin.

Another option would be trade Al for him, but then we'd have to take back someone like Salmons who has three years over 8million a year. In this senario let's hope the Kings are fed up with Cousins, if not they probably would have no interest in Al.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    ^^^^I love Thompson for the Jazz. At 5 Million per, and his abiltiy to play either postion if he needed.....trouble is what else will Sac. make jazz take back? Salmons? Thorton? Garcia? ugh.

Other problem is with a battle over being sold, and fighting among majority and minority owners, I don't think Sacto will be active at teh trade deadline.

Jazz essentially lose all their salary relief bargaining chips on Feb 22. (Bell, Watson, Tinsley, Mo Williams, Foye, DeMare, Milsap, and Jefferson) Doubtful that Sacto will be resolved by then.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    David Locke @Lockedonsports about 39 minutes ago
    Kevin O'Connor with @1280Spence "We fought awful hard to get to this position to get this flexibility .. hopefully we are the beneficiary"

Mellow @mellowjazzfanz about 3 weeks ago
    Flexibility can't dribble, pass or shoot.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    ^^^^I love Thompson for the Jazz. At 5 Million per, and his abiltiy to play either postion if he needed.....trouble is what else will Sac. make jazz take back? Salmons? Thorton? Garcia? ugh.

Other problem is with a battle over being sold, and fighting among majority and minority owners, I don't think Sacto will be active at teh trade deadline.
    Which is why I was wondering if the Kings who are in rebuild mode would just take Marvin, opening up minutes for TRob, as long as the Kings don't play Marvin maybe he opts out of the player option he has.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Thee

Here is an article about Thompson for ya. Called a hard worker, who understands his role and is willing to do the dirty work.
    They also say he has struggled in January and that it may be time to make room for Robinson....

http://www.cowbellkingdom.com/2013/0...hompsons-game/
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    DWill2 is not a sf.
    Unfortunately for DWIll2 he is not really a 4 either. Pretty poor defender. TWolves need to put Cunningham back as a starter who is a better player. Of course who we really need to go after is Rubio

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    KOC Feb 4th
    KOC in studio with Spence Checketts-18:56
    KOC missed Jazz at Portland because he was at a college game.
    Specketts: You’re 48 games in you know who you are now right?
    KOC: Right.
    Specketts: So who are you?
    KOC: We still don’t know.
    KOC: Injury to Mo….yada yada yada….let’s wait until the end of February.
    ######

At about 17:14
    Specketts: February 21st is right around the corner….
    KOC: Yea, ,what is that…
    Specketts: Just a day, first day of spring or somethingTrade deadline….
    KOC: 7 days after valentines, right.
    Speckets: So Imagine the phone is ringing quite a bit these days?
    KOC: Yea, they certainly are, and you certainly listen and you certainly initiate. And I don’t think anybody does anything until they have to. Uh, and so a lot of times deals don’t get done until close to the 21st.
    Specketts: Its probably safe to say that there is no way you are going to sacrifice your long term flexibility or your long term plan for some short term gain.
    KOC: I don’t think you want to do that. We’ve fought awfully hard to this position where we have the flexiliblty so that if another team is pinned a little bit and they might need to give up something, and if that happens hopefully we become a beneficiary.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGibblets View Post
    Take this for what it's worth - Right before the lottery when the jazz had not yet gotten the third pick i heard the following (third hand) - that the jazz loved Williams and were going to do whatever they could to get him. Obviously it did not work, but the jazz did really want him at one point. This was said by Randy Rigby to one of the big time corporate big cats who has been seen at away games with jazz higher ups and is good friends with Rigby. This guy then relayed it to my best friend.

Edit- I think everyone wanted Williams at draft time though so this isn't a big deal.
    Pshhhhh Randy Rigby. That dude knows more about Les Olson company than about the Jazz.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGibblets View Post

Probably a complete smokescreen generated by KOC. He's old enough to remember the "loose lips sink ships" slogan. I'm sure he knows Rigby entertains the bigwigs so he's going to feed Randy all kinds of misinformation.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Pshhhhh Randy Rigby. That dude knows more about Les Olson company than about the Jazz.
    My daughter performed in "The Music Man" this weekend and I've had a hard time getting some of the songs out of my head.
    The good news: they're gone now.
    The bad news: now this one is driving me nuts. Thanks a lot, Weezur!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    My daughter performed in "The Music Man" this weekend and I've had a hard time getting some of the songs out of my head.
    The good news: they're gone now.
    The bad news: now this one is driving me nuts. Thanks a lot, Weezur!

Driving you nuts? Rigby's probably had that song stuck in his head since he was a baby.

You can feel the crazy in that face emanating from your monitor.