Page 54 of 96 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    https://twitter.com/BenAndKFAN/statu...97330604138496

"Both #Clippers and #Jazz could wait to make sure no higher offers are made for Bledsoe or Millsap, and finish deal in the morning. #NBA"

"With neither #Jazz nor #Clippers playing tonight, there would be no urgency to get a Millsap/Bledsoe deal done until final hour..."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    Since Internet rumors and chat boards started, the only time I can remember hearing the Jazz mentioned in a possible trade rumor that actually came true was when they traded DeShawn for Girichuck. Every other trade involving the Jazz came out of the blue. I don't think I'm overlooking any trades.
    I remember the Brewer to Memphis trade beeing leaked about a month before it happened. Jazz denied it of course. Although I guess it could be argued that the rumour was not exactly the same as the trade, since the rumour was Brewer for a #1 pick and mentioned nothing about Brewer's hamstring staying in Utah for 6 weeks.
    If the ball doesn't move, you will be on the bench! -DOL

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Since Internet rumors and chat boards started, the only time I can remember hearing the Jazz mentioned in a possible trade rumor that actually came true was when they traded DeShawn for Girichuck. Every other trade involving the Jazz came out of the blue. I don't think I'm overlooking any trades.

The Gugliotta to Utah trade from the same year had been tossed around for quite a while as well. I think that had more to do with Utah being so much under the cap that year and Googs redunkulous expiring contract.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzrule View Post
    I hate the rep system. Seven count them seven positive reps in a row and I am still stuck on 7 for rep power. A pox curse on the whoever is in charge of reps!
    You need quite a few to move up a notch. I rarely receive neg rep, but I've been stuck on the same power for quite some time. Guess I just don't have enough friends!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzrule View Post
    I hate the rep system. Seven count them seven positive reps in a row and I am still stuck on 7 for rep power. A pox curse on the whoever is in charge of reps!
    It also depends who's repping you. If it's someone with like 1 rep power, repping you 7 times, your rep power won't change much.

Take this for what it's worth:

If you live your life wanting acceptance from others, you'll have a very tough and difficult life. Accept yourself for who you are. Post what you feel comes from your heart (and your brain as well). Love what you post regardless of what others think.

Once you can do that - you'll be happy regardless. And you'll enjoy what life has to offer much more. Any reps (or other kinds of recognition from your peers) will be cherry on top.
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    lmao at post what comes from your heart.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    The Gugliotta to Utah trade from the same year had been tossed around for quite a while as well. I think that had more to do with Utah being so much under the cap that year and Googs redunkulous expiring contract.
    I didn't really consider that one, but you're right. It was rumored but because it had more to do with finances (and getting Gordon Hayward) than with improving the team at the time, I ignored it.

As interesting as the Millsap for Bledsoe talk is, my all-time Jazz deadline rumor that had me on the edge of my seat was back in '97 when they were trying to trade for Chris Mullin but supposedly refused to part with Bryon Russell.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mhindy View Post
    lmao at post what comes from your heart.
    LOL.. don't act dumb. You do that more than anybody around here!!!!

(does "staying up late, refreshing JazzFanz re Bledsoe trade" ring a bell?)
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    As interesting as the Millsap for Bledsoe talk is, my all-time Jazz deadline rumor that had me on the edge of my seat was back in '97 when they were trying to trade for Chris Mullin but supposedly refused to part with Bryon Russell.
    Thank God, can you imagine Mullin trying to guard Jordan in the in finals?

Two consecutive sweeps.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Pouyan View Post
    https://twitter.com/BenAndKFAN/statu...97330604138496

"Both #Clippers and #Jazz could wait to make sure no higher offers are made for Bledsoe or Millsap, and finish deal in the morning. #NBA"

"With neither #Jazz nor #Clippers playing tonight, there would be no urgency to get a Millsap/Bledsoe deal done until final hour..."
    Sweet Lord Jesus it's a fire!
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    Wow, what year was that? Did they even have internets back then?
    If the ball doesn't move, you will be on the bench! -DOL

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    LOL.. don't act dumb. You do that more than anybody around here!!!!

(does "staying up late, refreshing JazzFanz re Bledsoe trade" ring a bell?)
    Ha no I thought it was funny!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Wow, what year was that? Did they even have internets back then?
    LOL - 2003/04 season. And we not only had the internet, that was the rookie year of JazzFanz.com.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It also depends who's repping you. If it's someone with like 1 rep power, repping you 7 times, your rep power won't change much.

Take this for what it's worth:

If you live your life wanting acceptance from others, you'll have a very tough and difficult life. Accept yourself for who you are. Post what you feel comes from your heart (and your brain as well). Love what you post regardless of what others think.

Once you can do that - you'll be happy regardless. And you'll enjoy what life has to offer much more. Any reps (or other kinds of recognition from your peers) will be cherry on top.
    Rep'd!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    In other words, certain voices are more important than others and we should do whatever it takes to get their support. Hmmm, I'm going to form a RAC (Reputation Action Committee) and start bribing those with the most power.