Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 291
  1. #271
    Senior Member Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    30,104
    Total Rep Points
    21819
    Rep Adjustment Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    How can anyone deny Corbin is ****ing with our future?

    -Earl Watson 31 minutes? Really? On what planet does Mr. Corbin live?
    2 pts, 5 dimes? Sorry that's weak sauce.

    -Kanter 11 minutes? 6 pts, 3 boards 50% shooting.
    Is this how we develope our #3 pick?

    -Favors 18 mother ****ing minutes? How are we not marching in the streets. He's a 3rd year player, where is his time?

    - Marvin again with 26 minutes!!!!!!! 6 points....

    If Burks has those turnovers at the end of the game he is crucified here, and Corbin gives him a DNP the next game.
    Speaking of Burks he got how many minutes again....?
    I'm the captain of hating Earl Watson, but give the guy credit, he made a lot of hustle plays that really helped us out and made some good passing plays.

    Also, try living in the present. We just beat a good playoff team. Enjoy it.
    :^D

  2. #272
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    245
    Total Rep Points
    378
    Rep Adjustment Power
    9
    earl also made some great defensive and hustle plays.

    weird game. hopefully gordon is alright.

  3. #273
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Total Rep Points
    4739
    Rep Adjustment Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    How can anyone deny Corbin is ****ing with our future?

    -Earl Watson 31 minutes? Really? On what planet does Mr. Corbin live?
    2 pts, 5 dimes? Sorry that's weak sauce.

    -Kanter 11 minutes? 6 pts, 3 boards 50% shooting.
    Is this how we develope our #3 pick?

    -Favors 18 mother ****ing minutes? How are we not marching in the streets. He's a 3rd year player, where is his time?

    - Marvin again with 26 minutes!!!!!!! 6 points....

    If Burks has those turnovers at the end of the game he is crucified here, and Corbin gives him a DNP the next game.
    Speaking of Burks he got how many minutes again....?
    I think Corbin is playing Burks one game and Carrolle the next. It'll be Burks next game and I think his minutes will be based off how good he does. Carolle played really well today so he got extended minutes.

  4.  

     

  5. #274
    Lazy Nate505's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, CO
    Posts
    5,621
    Total Rep Points
    9439
    Rep Adjustment Power
    49
    I wish the NBA would spell out their rules a little better, but the way I read them the refs actually got the backboard play right:

    http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_4.html

    c. Five sides of the backboard (front, two sides, bottom and top) are considered in play when contacted by the basketball. The back of the backboard and the area directly behind it are out-of-bounds.

    If you're making the argument that it's a turnover, here would be your best chance per the rules:

    http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_8.html

    f. A throw-in which touches the floor, or any object on or outside the boundary line, or touches anything above the playing surface is a violation. The ball must be thrown directly inbounds.

    However, if the bottom of the backboard is considered in play, I'm guessing it's part of the "playing surface," thus making it legal to throw the ball off the bottom or side of the backboard. Though to me it wouldn't kill the NBA to directly spell this rule out.


    Dutch Gone Countdown: 346 Posts left as of 11:25 PM MST on 11/24/14. At an average of about 6 posts a day, estimated Dutch Gone Time is 58 days from now (1/21/15)

  6. #275
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,082
    Total Rep Points
    273
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Again. Hayward made 3 dumb plays in last minute


    Part is coaching. Hayward had been on the court 15 mins straight. That is long for anyone. This is why he needs to star so that he plays starters minute patterns


    My .02

  7. #276
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    796
    Total Rep Points
    391
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    I wish the NBA would spell out their rules a little better, but the way I read them the refs actually got the backboard play right:

    http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_4.html

    c. Five sides of the backboard (front, two sides, bottom and top) are considered in play when contacted by the basketball. The back of the backboard and the area directly behind it are out-of-bounds.

    If you're making the argument that it's a turnover, here would be your best chance per the rules:

    http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_8.html

    f. A throw-in which touches the floor, or any object on or outside the boundary line, or touches anything above the playing surface is a violation. The ball must be thrown directly inbounds.

    However, if the bottom of the backboard is considered in play, I'm guessing it's part of the "playing surface," thus making it legal to throw the ball off the bottom or side of the backboard. Though to me it wouldn't kill the NBA to directly spell this rule out.
    Good research. The rules are unclear, and have an internal conflict that should be clarified. What is the definition of playing surface? What's the point of saying that you can't touch anything above the playing surface on the inbounds if all sorts of things above the floor are part of the playing surface? I'd be inclined agree with your interpretation, but you'd think a multi-billion dollar industry could afford to pay some smuck like me to write a rule book that is clear.

  8. #277
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    8,319
    Total Rep Points
    12488
    Rep Adjustment Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    I'm the captain of hating Earl Watson, but give the guy credit, he made a lot of hustle plays that really helped us out and made some good passing plays.

    Also, try living in the present. We just beat a good playoff team. Enjoy it.
    As if Burks had never made good hustle plays. Give him credit too. Of course Watson makes good plays.
    He is much better at home. I can't stand him on the road.
    "FEEL LIKE I'M ALL FLESH AND NO BONE
    I'M NOT THE SHAPES THAT I'M SHOWN
    HOPE I GET IT RIGHT TOMORROW"

  9. #278
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    8,319
    Total Rep Points
    12488
    Rep Adjustment Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    I'm the captain of hating Earl Watson, but give the guy credit, he made a lot of hustle plays that really helped us out and made some good passing plays.

    Also, try living in the present. We just beat a good playoff team. Enjoy it.
    I went to the hotel restaurant, and had a delicious Polish breakfast. I'm in a better mood now.

    Cyrone I don't live or die game to game. You just have to ask yourself is playing Earl every game, on the road,
    the best move for the team? I don't think it is, you do. I can live with that.
    "FEEL LIKE I'M ALL FLESH AND NO BONE
    I'M NOT THE SHAPES THAT I'M SHOWN
    HOPE I GET IT RIGHT TOMORROW"

  10. #279
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    8,319
    Total Rep Points
    12488
    Rep Adjustment Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    I think his minutes will be based off how good he does.
    It's ashame only certain players are held to this stardard. What has Marvin Williams done in the NBA to deserve a free pass?
    "FEEL LIKE I'M ALL FLESH AND NO BONE
    I'M NOT THE SHAPES THAT I'M SHOWN
    HOPE I GET IT RIGHT TOMORROW"

  11. #280
    Senior Member Thee jazz fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,612
    Total Rep Points
    8009
    Rep Adjustment Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    I'm the captain of hating Earl Watson, but give the guy credit, he made a lot of hustle plays that really helped us out and made some good passing plays.

    Also, try living in the present. We just beat a good playoff team. Enjoy it.
    remember when we could enjoy coming to jazzfanz after a win.

  12. #281
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    19,155
    Total Rep Points
    43992
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    I think Corbin is playing Burks one game and Carrolle the next. It'll be Burks next game and I think his minutes will be based off how good he does. Carolle played really well today so he got extended minutes.
    I wish this were true, but burks was given 3 minutes in which he took 1 shot with the shot clock expiring and then never came back in.

  13. #282
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    19,155
    Total Rep Points
    43992
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    remember when we could enjoy coming to jazzfanz after a win.
    I always enjoy coming to jazzfanz, after wins or losses.

    And like i have said before..... it is possible to enjoy a win, and still be able to say good AND bad things about the win.

  14. #283
    Senior Member Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    30,104
    Total Rep Points
    21819
    Rep Adjustment Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    remember when we could enjoy coming to jazzfanz after a win.
    That was so long ago I can barely remember. It's like a story that a grandpa tells his grandchildren.
    :^D

  15. #284
    Senior Member Eenie-Meenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,346
    Total Rep Points
    2320
    Rep Adjustment Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by udflyer View Post
    Again. Hayward made 3 dumb plays in last minute


    Part is coaching. Hayward had been on the court 15 mins straight. That is long for anyone. This is why he needs to star so that he plays starters minute patterns


    My .02
    Maybe so, but the refs were absolutely ridiculous. Hayward was REPEATEDLY getting fouled and the refs refused to call anything. Plus, at the end, almost every turnover, except the one Hill slapped the ball away from behind, was caused by a foul that they didn't call.


    What is with this refereeing? They call touch fouls during most of the game but when comes to aggressive contact at the end of a close game they let it go?

  16. #285
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    8,319
    Total Rep Points
    12488
    Rep Adjustment Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    I always enjoy coming to jazzfanz, after wins or losses.

    And like i have said before..... it is possible to enjoy a win, and still be able to say good AND bad things about the win.
    We all do obviously. Everyone loves it. That's why they continue to come back.
    "FEEL LIKE I'M ALL FLESH AND NO BONE
    I'M NOT THE SHAPES THAT I'M SHOWN
    HOPE I GET IT RIGHT TOMORROW"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •