Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

29 Minutes with Kevin O'Connor

Listen here
    or
    http://kfanav.s3.amazonaws.com/20130...13_koc-WEB.mp3

Lots of good stuff. Gordon Hayward, Team Chemistry, Coach Corbin, the Lakers, and then.....making trades.

****SKIP TO THE END TO HEAR TRADE TALK****

Radio Guys say, "Everyone we talk to says that the Jazz area going to make a trade, like it has already happened" Is a deal already done?
    KOC said that the 'experts' that the radio guys are talking with don't know what they are talking about. That the radio guys are probably being used by all the 'experts' to drum up talk and create fan support for a trade that would lessen the Jazz's bargaining position. KOC has lost deals because the media leaked them.

Greg miller approached him with a 'rumour' and asked are you really doing this? KOC responded: "Should I" and then explained to Greg that it was the first time he was hearing about it.

1280: Do you feel pressure to do a deal?
    KOC: I feel pressure to do the right deal. And that might be no deal. We have turned over 14 players since 2010, so do I feel pressure to do a deal? What Happens next year and all that stuff? Ya, know what you don't do a deal for cosmetic reasons, and you don't do a deal that you get pressured into, and take back a player that is owed money and then regret it later.

1280:A lot of people want your job, they want to make the deals....

KOC: Again, why do you make a deal, because everyone thinks you should?
    Last edited by mellow; 01-29-2013 at 01:24 PM.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Interesting, thanks. So, is KOC still the one with his hand on the trade button? What role would D. Lindsey play? Didn't they bring him in to help with that stuff?

At this point I'm anxious for a change, and part of me doesn't care of it's a bad one. I'm just tired of the status quo.
    You know squat. You know less than squat. You and Squat could go to the movies and Squat could wear an "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    1280: What is Lindsey's opinion about the trade deadline?

KOC: Who?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb View Post
    1280: What is Lindsey's opinion about the trade deadline?

KOC: Who?
    Ha, ha.

Actually, KOC was joking with 1280 that he didn't have to say 'No Comment' any more. Now he can just say 'Ask Dennis'.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    "Good luck tonight should be a fun one."

"Yeah it should be."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    That clearly proves that KOC is still in charge of trades.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    That clearly proves that KOC is still in charge of trades.
    There is no Assistant GM either is there? That further suggests that KOC is still in charge.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Sounds like he's playing words to shift responsibility to fans and random radio morons.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Who else thinks KOC won't make a trade just to show people he still the man?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Damn, so KOC is saying that we've lost bargaining position because of media deals? That really sucks...no wonder KOC got the Deron trade done- nobody thought we'd trade him.
    But with Jefferson and Milsap, we all think both of them will be traded.

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    The dark void between summer league and training camp
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Listen here
    or
    http://kfanav.s3.amazonaws.com/20130...13_koc-WEB.mp3

Lots of good stuff. Gordon Hayward, Team Chemistry, Coach Corbin, the Lakers, and then.....making trades.

****SKIP TO THE END TO HEAR TRADE TALK****
    Radio Guys say, "Everyone we talk to says that the Jazz area going to make a trade, like it has already happened" Is a deal already done?
    KOC said that the 'experts' that the radio guys are talking with don't know what they are talking about. That the radio guys are probably being used by all the 'experts' to drum up talk and create fan support for a trade that would lessen the Jazz's bargaining position. KOC has lost deals because the media leaked them.

Greg miller approached him with a 'rumour' and asked are you really doing this? KOC responded: "Should I" and then explained to Greg that it was the first time he was hearing about it.

1280: Do you feel pressure to do a deal?
    KOC: I feel pressure to do the right deal. And that might be no deal. We have turned over 14 players since 2010, so do I feel pressure to do a deal? What Happens next year and all that stuff? Ya, know what you don't do a deal for cosmetic reasons, and you don't do a deal that you get pressured into, and take back a player that is owed money and then regret it later.

1280:A lot of people want your job, they want to make the deals....

KOC: Again, why do you make a deal, because everyone thinks you should?
    They must have talked really slow for that to last 29 minutes. JK, thanks for posting. I'll give it a listen later.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    When asked about James Harden, KOC talked a lot about offensive efficiency. How many shots to get how many points.

Someone should tell him just how bad AJ is. He is 103 of 129 qualified players in points per shot at 1.13.

Foye is 51 at 1.24. Milsap and Hayward are tied for 29 at 1.30.

The rest are not qualified, but here are the numbers

Better: Kanter-1.33, Favors-1.27, Carrolle-1.20, Marvin Williams-1.18, Mo Williams-1.15.

Worse:Burks-1.04, Tinsley-0.99 and Watson-0.79

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...iency/count/81

Senior Member Mission Accomplished's Avatar
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by sgjazzfan View Post
    When asked about James Harden, KOC talked a lot about offensive efficiency. How many shots to get how many points.

Someone should tell him just how bad AJ is. He is 103 of 129 qualified players in points per shot at 1.13.

Foye is 51 at 1.24. Milsap and Hayward are tied for 29 at 1.30.

The rest are not qualified, but here are the numbers

Better: Kanter-1.33, Favors-1.27, Carrolle-1.20, Marvin Williams-1.18, Mo Williams-1.15.

Worse:Burks-1.04, Tinsley-0.99 and Watson-0.79

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...iency/count/81
    KOC this dude is a winner
    To quote George "W" "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    The dark void between summer league and training camp
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Damn, so KOC is saying that we've lost bargaining position because of media deals? That really sucks...no wonder KOC got the Deron trade done- nobody thought we'd trade him.
    But with Jefferson and Milsap, we all think both of them will be traded.
    A couple of tweets about Memphis:

Ryan Wolstat: I believe some teams aren't pleased with the way new Memphis group has conducted trade talks, and the Raptors are one of those teams Twitter @WolstatSun
    Ryan Wolstat: Memphis has been leaking info like crazy throughout this process. It's a new front office without a lot of experience. Twitter @WolstatSun

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He has also said that when he found out a deal was leaked he cut off future deals with that gm and told them he wouldn't do a deal again.

I don't know if thats a good idea to do that. He could be cutting himself off from future deals. No wonder we don't trade. KOC has made a bunch of enemies.