Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    Wow.. so they currently can get benefit while on temp status? Shouldn't that alone be grounds for denying residency?
    I know they cannot get Social Security benefits in a temporary status. I am not sure about benefits from other agencies.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Or it wold lead to more crime? Living in America and being poor as **** is still better than living in Mexico/Central America and being poor ****.
    I'm talking about the continuing influx of illegals - you take away the incentive to come here, then they won't....um....come here. Whatever's left becomes a local law enforcement issue.

It's all a big game anyway. Like I said for decades there have been federal laws punishing employers who hire illegals. They're just not enforced because as a capitalist society we need as much cheap labor as possible. So there will always be an illegal immigration problem.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Outright amnesty without a single string attached border protection wise would be a huge economic boom for this country. I welcome everyone who comes to America for an opportunity. You don't risk your life crossing barren desert time and again to come suck the teat of established Americans while hating us and hoping we turn back into Mexico. Those who've come illegally are some of the most industrious and productive members of our society.

I say we make them all legal in one fell swoop and start riding the coattails of their success. Who gives a damn how they got here or how many more might be behind them?
    No Mediocrity

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Outright amnesty without a single string attached border protection wise would be a huge economic boom for this country. I welcome everyone who comes to America for an opportunity. You don't risk your life crossing barren desert time and again to come suck the teat of established Americans while hating us and hoping we turn back into Mexico. Those who've come illegally are some of the most industrious and productive members of our society.

I say we make them all legal in one fell swoop and start riding the coattails of their success. Who gives a damn how they got here or how many more might be behind them?
    The ones who sneak across and risk everything to come here usually aren't the problem. Its their kids. The kids have no chance because their parents are working 3 jobs to make ends meet so the kids get raised by the streets. Not sure how to solve that problem.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post

I care about who comes here. Not every person who croses that border has honest intentions. I am very pro-immigration if it is done in a legal way. I think the amount of workers/immigrants that we let in every year should be dramatically increased. The problem is that we need a much more effecient way of sorting out the bad apples from that group than just a border that anyone can cross at any time.

I agree that the vast majority of those already here are hard working, family oriented individuals. Exactly the kind of people America wants. They should be given a path to citizenship/legal status. We just have to runa tighter ship and do it right.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Duplicate post...
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
    The ones who sneak across and risk everything to come here usually aren't the problem. Its their kids. The kids have no chance because their parents are working 3 jobs to make ends meet so the kids get raised by the streets. Not sure how to solve that problem.
    I don't see how giving them citizenship couldn't help the situation you describe. Also, welfare now is better than cleaning up the aftermath of street gangs. Imprisonment isn't cheap. Neither is counseling rape victims or burying dead bodies.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    I know they cannot get Social Security benefits in a temporary status. I am not sure about benefits from other agencies.
    I know we have grants that designated for the medical treatment of migrant/seasonal workers, most of whom will be illegal immigrants.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    No more handouts/incentives for them to come here illegally. If you really think about it, they are all criminals, considering they broke the law when they came here ILLEGALLY.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Jazz Fan View Post
    No more handouts/incentives for them to come here illegally. If you really think about it, they are all criminals, considering they broke the law when they came here ILLEGALLY.
    True but if that is the route we are going then we are all in trouble. I'm willing to bet everyone here has broken some law at some point and not been punished or caught. Knowingly or unknowingly we have all broken some law.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    True but if that is the route we are going then we are all in trouble. I'm willing to bet everyone here has broken some law at some point and not been punished or caught. Knowingly or unknowingly we have all broken some law.

Have you illegally entered another country? So you think we should assume they didn't know they were doing something wrong when they had to "buy" a SS#, and use a name not their own?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Have you illegally entered another country? So you think we should assume they didn't know they were doing something wrong when they had to "buy" a SS#, and use a name not their own?
    I'm not arguing the legality of what they have done. It is obviously illegal. However talking about deporting them or self deportation is realistically a non starter. It simply won't happen. What are they going to do to make it happen? Kick in doors and ID everyone?

I am looking for realistic solutions instead of ideological ones.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    As for the SSN part. They many times, I'd say over 50%, do not file taxes. So they are paying all that money into the system without trying to get tax returns. That is a big financial windfall for the federal gov.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Illegal immigrantrs come here for financial gain so if the incentive to come/stay here goes away then people will leave. They may not all leave but it's a start at least. Another problem is having a president that doesn't allow authorities to do their job.

http://www.themoralliberal.com/2013/...s-suing-obama/

(I linked to the first artice that my query produced)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Rules of society don't apply to members of societies without rules.

I'm not self righteous enough to look down on any of our southern neighbors who sneak into this country hoping for a better life without poverty, corruption, sickness & death, and no opportunity. I expect the most determined to sneak in out of moral fortitude, not a lack thereof.
    No Mediocrity