Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 51 of 51
  1. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    13,410
    Total Rep Points
    32978
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    One more thing. This wouldn't be an issue if republicans weren't scared to death that all illegals will automatically join the democratic party. Republicans don't give a damn about doing the right thing. They care about party power and little more.

  2.  

     

  3. #47
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,651
    Total Rep Points
    27791
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    One more thing. This wouldn't be an issue if republicans weren't scared to death that all illegals will automatically join the democratic party. Republicans don't give a damn about doing the right thing. They care about party power and little more.
    In all fairness the Dems only care about their party power as well. The reason they want a path to citizenship is that they assume it will give them that many more votes. Nothing more and nothing less.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

    I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

  4. #48
    WAKE UP Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,503
    Total Rep Points
    5311
    Rep Adjustment Power
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    In all fairness the Dems only care about their party power as well. The reason they want a path to citizenship is that they assume it will give them that many more votes. Nothing more and nothing less.
    The only catch is that their path to party power conveniently involves doing the right thing in this case.

  5. #49
    Senior Member MoTappin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    525
    Total Rep Points
    499
    Rep Adjustment Power
    12
    You're both right. Both parties are full of themselves & politicians who only care about getting reelected and keeping the status quo. I'm a conservative, more libertarian & I can't stand 90% of who's there from both parties. Call me an equal-opprtunity cynic.
    You know squat. You know less than squat. You and Squat could go to the movies and Squat could wear an "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt!

  6. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a ghetto near you. . . .
    Posts
    5,699
    Total Rep Points
    11956
    Rep Adjustment Power
    55
    Well, this would be an entirely different discussion if the immigrants slipping over the border without caring to apply for and follow the legal pathways were bible-thumping human rights believers who want the protections of the American Constitution for their protection against overlord governance.

    The Democrats would be howling to police the border, and arrest the illegals and ship them home.

  7. #51
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,651
    Total Rep Points
    27791
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    The only catch is that their path to party power conveniently involves doing the right thing in this case.
    This time it does involve doing some of the right thing in my opinion. Occassionally that happens to one side or the other. But their motivation is not pure. Their motivation is power.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

    I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •