Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    One more thing. This wouldn't be an issue if republicans weren't scared to death that all illegals will automatically join the democratic party. Republicans don't give a damn about doing the right thing. They care about party power and little more.

Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    One more thing. This wouldn't be an issue if republicans weren't scared to death that all illegals will automatically join the democratic party. Republicans don't give a damn about doing the right thing. They care about party power and little more.
    In all fairness the Dems only care about their party power as well. The reason they want a path to citizenship is that they assume it will give them that many more votes. Nothing more and nothing less.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    In all fairness the Dems only care about their party power as well. The reason they want a path to citizenship is that they assume it will give them that many more votes. Nothing more and nothing less.
    The only catch is that their path to party power conveniently involves doing the right thing in this case.

You're both right. Both parties are full of themselves & politicians who only care about getting reelected and keeping the status quo. I'm a conservative, more libertarian & I can't stand 90% of who's there from both parties. Call me an equal-opprtunity cynic.
    You know squat. You know less than squat. You and Squat could go to the movies and Squat could wear an "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt!

Well, this would be an entirely different discussion if the immigrants slipping over the border without caring to apply for and follow the legal pathways were bible-thumping human rights believers who want the protections of the American Constitution for their protection against overlord governance.

The Democrats would be howling to police the border, and arrest the illegals and ship them home.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    The only catch is that their path to party power conveniently involves doing the right thing in this case.
    This time it does involve doing some of the right thing in my opinion. Occassionally that happens to one side or the other. But their motivation is not pure. Their motivation is power.