View Poll Results: do you wnat the jazz to make the PLAYOFF?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

24 53.33%
  • Nay

19 42.22%
  • i'd rather jazz dissapear so I could focus on cheese

2 4.44%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    Last year was a very unique situation. It was essentially two lottery picks vs no picks and a guarantee sweep in the first round.
    Exactly, one of the few... maybe only time I would ever want the Jazz to miss the playoffs.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Playoffs. Unless we're picking in the 1-5 range, we don't need any new young guys. I just want the young guys we have now to get experience.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1889&dateline=1332058703

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think it's pretty obvious that most fans on this board want to see a couple things change. 1) Al gone. 2) Ty gone. I would also like to see Sap moved. Ready for the young guys to play full minutes, win or lose.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I voted nay. Call me what you want but imo, it's the smart way to go for the long haul. It gets Ty fired. It causes the FO to re-think re-signing Al. It gets us a better pick this year and let's be honest, we need that. By getting a pick around #12, we could do such and land Burke and also land a solid 3 or reserve big with the GS pick. Those two along with Hayward, Favors, Kanter, Burks as well as Tinsley as a backup/leader and Millsap would be a hell of a fun eight men to roll with next year. After that, we'd just have to dump Foye and/or Marvin.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Playoffz of course.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If GS was up for it (I doubt it), I would change the terms on our trade, to where they could have the pick this year as long as it was unprotected next.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'd rather development of the youth regardless of immediate outcome. But what else is new been saying that since the start of last year.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    ask me after the trade deadline. if the jazz stand pat I say dont make the playoffs. the young guys wouldn't learn anything because they would play. if there is a trade that opens up playing time for the young ones then hell yes. they need playoff exp.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm torn with this, but I think if the Jazz are in the playoffs, our young players (except Hayward) may get stuck with spot minutes. I'd rather get a lotto pick and add one more young piece to this group, whether a PG or wing athlete. If we make the playoffs, we're likely picking 18 and 22 or something, which is going to be iffy in terms of getting a front-line talent.

I don't think the Jazz would last more than 5 or 6 games in the playoffs. We'd basically be extending our season 7 - 10 days, and we'd basically be investing the season in a bunch of players who likely won't be here next year.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    Last year was a very unique situation. It was essentially two lottery picks vs no picks and a guarantee sweep in the first round.
    with the course jazz are going this year. i think it will be another guaranteed sweep
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I voted "Yay", because it is important that we get Al Jefferson playoff experience.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    I remember last season guys prefered hitting the lottery instead of the plaoffs.
    it was a heated discusion.
    lottery pick vs playoff experience.

the discusion was also fueled that jazz would lose their pick if they made the playoff, this year jazz get to keep their pick regardless so i was wondering what the consensus is this year
    Last year was a pretty good draft class.. so it was a perfect time to "tank" so to speak. GSW got Barnes at #7 (who would have probably been #2 pick it he had come out in 2011). Plus our young guys were still learning the ropes so it would have been perfect to let him lose and get some good minutes in.

This year I'm not so sure because the draft class is not as good (unless you're picking in the top #3). So it's pretty much too late to play the tank game IMO.
    #Humble#Humble#Humble#Humble

AllTimeNBAdraftRunnerUp

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The only way big changes are going to be made and the mistake of reupping Jefferson and Millsap to long-term contracts can be avoided... is if we miss the playoffs.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Will making the playoffs two years in a row and an 0-8 record benefit the team in the long run? Or 3 years and 0-12 record?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'd like to think we have a good shot against the Clippers to get one game at least.