Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16
    High Definition Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,212
    Total Rep Points
    3795
    Rep Adjustment Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    That's lineup #20 on this site: http://www.82games.com/1213/1213UTA2.HTM

    They have only run it for 19.6 total minutes all season. But they outscored the opponents by a whopping 26 pts in those 19.6 minutes. (Outscoring your opponent by more than a pt per minute is phenomenal.)
    Yeah, the Rockets basically outscored the Jazz by 1ppm last night.

  2. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    That's lineup #20 on this site: http://www.82games.com/1213/1213UTA2.HTM

    They have only run it for 19.6 total minutes all season. But they outscored the opponents by a whopping 26 pts in those 19.6 minutes. (Outscoring your opponent by more than a pt per minute is phenomenal.)
    Any idea what team(s) those minutes were against and in what context?

  3. #18
    Senior Member vegas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    687
    Total Rep Points
    780
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    How about Burks, Foye, Hayward, Jefferson, Favors? Does that lineup work as well?
    I can't find evidence that this lineup has ever been tried.
    Burks page that highlights lineups he is used in:
    http://www.82games.com/1213/12UTA7.HTM
    Burks and Foye units together account for 40 min and are +24.

    It's interesting that Mo only makes one appearance. The >300 min data also showcases Hayward's value.
    Chop it!!!

  4. #19
    Senior Member themanknownassting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    374
    Total Rep Points
    469
    Rep Adjustment Power
    16
    Locke and his numbers makes me laugh. It's like his idea that you can tell how good someone is going to be by their third year.

  5. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    220
    Total Rep Points
    173
    Rep Adjustment Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Just listen to Locke talk with DJ and PK and you'll see he's a stupid homer. Talks about how Golden State is the same as Utah in terms of building a team. But then says Golden State has Steph Curry, and that's why they're better. Holy **** Steph Curry wouldn't play if Ty had him.
    yeah, that was a really frustrating listen. locke's tone is pretty patronising when dealing with anything querying ty's or the front offices' decision-making.

  6.  

     

  7. #21
    Admininstrator colton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    6,382
    Total Rep Points
    11533
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhhkau View Post
    yeah, that was a really frustrating listen. locke's tone is pretty patronising when dealing with anything querying ty's or the front offices' decision-making.
    I agree... normally I like Locke but he was especially awful this morning. When he was pooh-poohing the "going with youth" idea I wanted to ask him, "So, what's your suggestion for improving this team? Or do you think we should continue with the status quo?"
    "Giving to the poor is an essential part of Christian morality. I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. Im afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare... If our charities do not at all pinch or hamper us, I should say they are too small. There ought to be things that wed like to do but cannot do because our charitable expenditure excludes them." --C.S. Lewis
    :-)

  8. #22
    Premium Member bluenote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SLC->AA->SLC
    Posts
    1,111
    Total Rep Points
    2133
    Rep Adjustment Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    That's lineup #20 on this site: http://www.82games.com/1213/1213UTA2.HTM

    They have only run it for 19.6 total minutes all season. But they outscored the opponents by a whopping 26 pts in those 19.6 minutes. (Outscoring your opponent by more than a pt per minute is phenomenal.)

    That's awesome, thanks for the info Colton. Crazy to think it was less than 20 minutes of time but really stuck with me.

  9. #23
    Premium Member bluenote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SLC->AA->SLC
    Posts
    1,111
    Total Rep Points
    2133
    Rep Adjustment Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    Any idea what team(s) those minutes were against and in what context?
    A bulk of it would have been against Detroit at Auburn Hills. I was at the game - that's the reason I remember it so well. Burks was just coming out of the doghouse at that time with Corbin. He hadn't played at all, then played a stretch of games - 4 or 5- with limited minutes before this game where he played 25 minutes or so. I think Detroit was going into this game with a 4 game win streak and were playing pretty well at the time.

    But that combo - Millsap, Jefferson, Hayward, Foye, and Burks is what helped bring the Jazz back in the 2nd half after an awful 1st half where the team had really low energy and Detroit was doing whatever they wanted. Favors/Carroll were in the mix with that lineup as well. I remember a really nice run, a faster paced game (even with Jefferson)....and that is was really fun to watch....but never to be seen again I guess.

    Here is the highlight from the game - there are a few plays here with that exact combo @ :33 - 1:12, then 1:30-1:45. Too bad Hayward missed that dunk or they would have been +28 against opponents.


  10. #24
    Senior Member The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Downtown talking to Toure Murry!
    Posts
    3,573
    Total Rep Points
    6984
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    John Locke looks like the biggest tool, and talks like one too.

    He pitches some amazing story about how good the Jazz look in the offseason, and still keeps on homerizing this team..

    Why do the Jazz have to be so idiotic, from the team to the organization? Why us!?

    I could eat a peach for hours.

  11. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    A bulk of it would have been against Detroit at Auburn Hills. I was at the game - that's the reason I remember it so well. Burks was just coming out of the doghouse at that time with Corbin. He hadn't played at all, then played a stretch of games - 4 or 5- with limited minutes before this game where he played 25 minutes or so. I think Detroit was going into this game with a 4 game win streak and were playing pretty well at the time.

    But that combo - Millsap, Jefferson, Hayward, Foye, and Burks is what helped bring the Jazz back in the 2nd half after an awful 1st half where the team had really low energy and Detroit was doing whatever they wanted. Favors/Carroll were in the mix with that lineup as well. I remember a really nice run, a faster paced game (even with Jefferson)....and that is was really fun to watch....but never to be seen again I guess.

    Here is the highlight from the game - there are a few plays here with that exact combo @ :33 - 1:12, then 1:30-1:45. Too bad Hayward missed that dunk or they would have been +28 against opponents.

    Thanks man.

  12. #26
    Senior Member friendsinmyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano
    Posts
    332
    Total Rep Points
    372
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    I listened to that interview and I thought "Oconnor must have told Locke to sell the vets really hard no matter what". He was horrible, definitely a company shill.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •