Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Lakers lose, I'm happy no matter what now

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I love that Kanter is seeing this on a daily basis throughout his youth. Is there a better offensive post player in the NBA right now (save for the obvious in Duncan) for Kanter to learn from, in terms of learning how a center can close out a game?

If Kanter can learn 75% of Al's moves and develop them to consistency, our team will become a playoff staple. Guaranteed.

The more I see Al succeed in the clutch, the more I anticipate that Favors and Kanter will look up to him, and try to learn some of the things Al does that makes him so effective late in games- offensively.
    They could also be learning how to sleep through the first 3 quarters of games and not play defense, no?
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    They could also be learning how to sleep through the first 3 quarters of games and not play defense, no?
    I feel like even you do not believe this-- rather, you're just trying to discredit my post.

I'll bite: I feel like Ty is more picky with the core4's defense than Al's and Sap's (reasoning behind their subsequent benching if they F up). Favors has repeatedly exclaimed his pride on defense, and Kanter, Burks, and Hayward ALL show effort on the defensive ends.

They're adults. I would hope that they can analyze a player, look at what they do well, and what they don't do as well. Players like Hayward have been shown on television to immediately confront Al after he blows a defensive assignment. They have guaranteed seen Al throw away victories via his defensive ineptitude- they have played basketball for nearly all their lives, they know whats going on just as well as we do.

To summarize in two words: They won't.

-George

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    Anyway the "problem" I was talking about is the problem of having the young guns routinely on the bench... I was explaining how youth-fanaticism leads to Millsap-angst
    This is spot on, I've even fallen pray to this type of thinking. I really like Millsap, he's my second favorite man to don a Jazz jersey in the last 10 years. I have no problem with him getting a reasonable, new contract and staying with the team. I have no problem with him playing 30 minutes a night. I do have a problem with him playing thirty minutes a night at the expense of our back-to-back #3 lottery picks. Millsap can play 40 minutes a night for all I care, as long as Favors & Kanter both see 20-25 minutes a night. I love the idea of those 3 as our core bigs heading forward.

Sometimes I get wrapped up in the fact that the kids don't play enough and I direct my anger at Millsap instead of who is solely to blame, Tyrone.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I liked how Corbin did a 3 big man rotation, except that Kanter was left out, If Favors had millsaps minutes, Kanter had Jeffersons minutes and millsap had favors minutes tonight, and jefferson gets kanters minutes to end the game. I would be extremely happy.

I thinks its a sign for the future that he may run a three man front court after the trafe deadline.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    What do suppose Greg Miller is thinking when he looks up and sees all those empty seats?

Or does he not dare look up?
    Attendance: 17,490 hehehehe
    Wake Up! -Coach Quin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I thought this quote from Hornicans Head Coach Williams was interesting.

"A lot of times you guys look at the numbers and assists and you think they're playing well but they're not," Williams said. "We're not managing the game properly. What you see out there is a young team, but it's not our young guys making the mistakes. It's the guys who have been in the league for three or four years."

3-4 years in the leauge is not a young guy? That is certainly a different philosophy than what we are always hearing.
    Wake Up! -Coach Quin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Bill Oram @tribjazz about 4 hours ago
    Al, on fire: "I don’t remember too many times when Paul have a great game & we lose. I have great games all the time & we still might lose"
    Wake Up! -Coach Quin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    this game might count as a win in the books but to me this is a loss.
    as long as kanter is playing less then 12 minutes the game is lost in my book.

we need kanter to play 20 minutes atleast.
    let jefferson get 28 insted of his 33-35
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    See, the Jefferson/Favors thing is kind of a mystery.
    This is not the first time that Jefferson/Favors have been bad at defense and I actually think that what this could mean is that Milsap is actually a much better defender than we give him credit for. I think having Jefferson constantly missing rotations is something Sap has gotten used to and has adjusted as best as he can to it.
    thats why i want jefferson gone get a 4th scrub for 8-10 minutes per game.
    and split the remaining minutes 3 way.
    also note we do not see much of sap/kanter
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    My feelings exactly. Jazz will sneak into the playoffs as the 8th seed, manage to somehow win ONE playoff game and KOC and TY will proclaim from the mountain tops that the team is making progress...and promptly re-sign Millsap AND Jefferson. If that happens, it will be time to find a new team to cheer for.
    1 game. i'd bet my leftnut and HH that jaz zwould get swept
    01-21-2013

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Millsap has never been a problem. Glad a few posters have had the spine to support him all season long.
    like me.

i'd jsut put myself in his shoe.
    hoe would it feel like to play with chucking al.
    then try to gaurd 2 big men at the same time on the other end cus big al is enjoying his oncourt tickets/ballwatching
    01-21-2013

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I feel like even you do not believe this-- rather, you're just trying to discredit my post.

I'll bite: I feel like Ty is more picky with the core4's defense than Al's and Sap's (reasoning behind their subsequent benching if they F up). Favors has repeatedly exclaimed his pride on defense, and Kanter, Burks, and Hayward ALL show effort on the defensive ends.

They're adults. I would hope that they can analyze a player, look at what they do well, and what they don't do as well. Players like Hayward have been shown on television to immediately confront Al after he blows a defensive assignment. They have guaranteed seen Al throw away victories via his defensive ineptitude- they have played basketball for nearly all their lives, they know whats going on just as well as we do.

To summarize in two words: They won't.

-George
    but what about hard work gets rewarded?
    favors seems like one of the hardest working dudes on court.
    and kanter worked his ass off offcourt during the offseason.
    yet we see jefferson strotting atound like a little girl calling for the ball and doing litlte else
    yet aknater cant seem to get 1 full qtr of play.
    while jefferson minutes are garanteed 30+.

what does that tell you. hard work and defense does not equal more minutes. ballhogging does taking 18 shots to score 16 points
    01-21-2013

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    5 minutes for kanter? so why did you select him as the 3rd pick you son of a bit**!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    LOL 5 minutes for enes kanter
    hahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaahahhahaahaha.
    01-21-2013