Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Locke on Favors

Senior Member themanknownassting's Avatar

Locke on Favors

http://weareutahjazz.com/2013/01/30/...favors-really/

I don't agree with most of what he says. But is it me or does he know something about management not going to make a trade?

I don't agree that Larry Sanders is more polished offensively than Favors. I also don't agree that Favors is underachieving, at least on the defensive end, where he changes the game immediately and keeps opposing players from getting to the rim at will. The last few games, he's been playing minutes comparable to Millsap and sometimes finishing the game.

Less than a year ago, Locke was saying that "Favors is Dwight Howard" in terms of defensive impact. Now, he's turned 180 degrees and says he's Stromile Swift or Ed Davis? He's a hack.
    The Jazz play like azz when the J ain't workin'.

His articles, his podcasts, everything he does these days is to educate us dumb fans as to why our favorite players are all on the bench. Sometimes it comes across as condescending, like when he's ripping apart trade ideas or complaining about all the negativity. Other times it's straight up insulting, like when he cherry-picks or even makes up stats to show us why Favors and Kanter aren't ready.

Maybe Utah fans are just a bunch of whiny know-it-alls, but we're not this bad. Clearly there is something about this team that we don't like. Watching basketball is supposed to be entertaining, and all his rhetoric is not going to make us suddenly enjoy this starting lineup.

KOC's job is to fill a roster with talent, Ty's job is to win every game, Locke's job is to stay positive about the direction no matter what, but whose job is it make sure the team is compelling to fans?

I've made my feelings on Locke quite clear. He's a company douche who won't ever say anything negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    I don't agree that Larry Sanders is more polished offensively than Favors. I also don't agree that Favors is underachieving, at least on the defensive end, where he changes the game immediately and keeps opposing players from getting to the rim at will. The last few games, he's been playing minutes comparable to Millsap and sometimes finishing the game.

Less than a year ago, Locke was saying that "Favors is Dwight Howard" in terms of defensive impact. Now, he's turned 180 degrees and says he's Stromile Swift or Ed Davis? He's a hack.
    No, his soul is owned by Greg Miller and the Jazz. He has to toe the company line. It's like doing a "scientific" study and fitting the results to an already pre-determined conclusion, rather than looking at the facts and then formulating the conclusion. Jazz need to justify Al and Paul starting, otherwise Corbin is undermined in the court of public opinion, people start to grumble and attendance suffers. If Corbin is backed up by the media, then the populace is appeased since the "experts" have weighed in.
    JUST LOSE BABY!

Locke can't be as thrilled as he pretends to be. Can you imagine how much more fun his job would be if he was allowed to hype up the young players?

Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post

Another problem I see with Favors is we aren't playing up to his strengths. Where are the Pick n Rolls?
    He's working on an outside shot. I see progress there.

He plays better defense than Marvin, and they let Marvin play a bigger role. It's a mind **** as to why Favors isn't getting more time, and
    being put in better positions on offense.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by mct View Post
    His articles, his podcasts, everything he does these days is to educate us dumb fans as to why our favorite players are all on the bench. Sometimes it comes across as condescending, like when he's ripping apart trade ideas or complaining about all the negativity. Other times it's straight up insulting, like when he cherry-picks or even makes up stats to show us why Favors and Kanter aren't ready.

Maybe Utah fans are just a bunch of whiny know-it-alls, but we're not this bad. Clearly there is something about this team that we don't like. Watching basketball is supposed to be entertaining, and all his rhetoric is not going to make us suddenly enjoy this starting lineup.

KOC's job is to fill a roster with talent, Ty's job is to win every game, Locke's job is to stay positive about the direction no matter what, but whose job is it make sure the team is compelling to fans?
    To be fair most of the trades I see on his podcast are ****ing terrible. I don't think Locke comes across as arrogant, he's always seemed to be a pretty humble guy (even though I disagree with him a lot) imo.
    Hate You Can Trust

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    I've made my feelings on Locke quite clear. He's a company douche who won't ever say anything negative.
    Hmmmmm. Must have missed that, but I do agree with you.

I don't think its so much him being a company man. What sense does it make to talk bad about Favors? That should be one of the Jazzez biggest selling points.

I think Locke is just an idiot.

tl;dr

If he's implying Favors is just "okay" to avoid incriminating the FO and coaching staff for how little he's played, then the more important follow-up question need be asked is why did we trade our franchise player for two guys who are just "okay". I'm tired of them playing both sides of the issue here to save face.

Wait this isn't a Locke article is it? It's that moron Clint Peterson who calls himself "the bob Cousy of twitter".

He's always talking about how much he likes Al. Frankly I think he's lobbying for a job with the Jazz

Quote Originally Posted by Durrrr View Post
    Wait this isn't a Locke article is it? It's that moron Clint Peterson who calls himself "the bob Cousy of twitter".

He's always talking about how much he likes Al. Frankly I think he's lobbying for a job with the Jazz
    Nice catch. I still maintain my stance of Locke

Nice catch. I still maintain my stance of Locke
    No I agree, Locke is the same.

This Clint guy literally polishes Lockes knob along with other company schills. He's lobbying for a job its pathetic.
    Last edited by Lattimer; 01-30-2013 at 10:17 PM.

I found it funny this morning during tip off that he said he would make it a 3 big rotation but Ty won't do that because he is committed to developing the youth on this team.

Then he went on to talk about how bad the defense is for the Jazz. So funny.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?