Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Locke on Favors

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I unsubscribed him on Youtube, unfollowed on Twitter, i suggest the same to y'all. I cant stand his Pollyanna attitude acting like everything going very smoothly. When he gets the chance he praise Big Al to the skies but never criticize him when he sucks. Never judges Corbin's rotation desicions. He didn't even mention Kanter's 4 minutes tonight at his podcast. He is a company man who desperately wants to stay as a company man, nothing more.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    I don't agree that Larry Sanders is more polished offensively than Favors. I also don't agree that Favors is underachieving, at least on the defensive end, where he changes the game immediately and keeps opposing players from getting to the rim at will. The last few games, he's been playing minutes comparable to Millsap and sometimes finishing the game.

Less than a year ago, Locke was saying that "Favors is Dwight Howard" in terms of defensive impact. Now, he's turned 180 degrees and says he's Stromile Swift or Ed Davis? He's a hack.
    I love my boy Stro and all, but Derrick Favors is going to be a lot more of a player than the Stro Show.

I CANT STAND JOHN LOCKE. Matt Harpring is the smartest man in our whole organization, and he's a commentator.

I could eat a peach for hours.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Locke has an unhealthy relationship with the word "narrative". Wow.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It always irritates me when Player A is said to be very similar to Player B and could reach the level of Player C, but may dissapoint and become just another Player D. God I just hate that crap, because THEY ARE NEVER RIGHT! Everyone is unique and to suggest otherwise is doing a huge disservice to the players.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    My god. Did anyone listen to the one about his super-intelligent, super-positive jazzfan friend yet? I think he's losing his mind.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I truly think we have our head in the clouds with Favors. He shows occasional flashes but he also has stretches where he does nothing. I dont see him being a max guy but I'm sure someone will offer it to him and he'll be on his way.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
    I truly think we have our head in the clouds with Favors. He shows occasional flashes but he also has stretches where he does nothing. I dont see him being a max guy but I'm sure someone will offer it to him and he'll be on his way.
    It's really too bad we haven't been in a situation to play him 30+ mins a night to find out before he comes up for a new contract...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by infection View Post
    tl;dr

if he's implying favors is just "okay" to avoid incriminating the fo and coaching staff for how little he's played, then the more important follow-up question need be asked is why did we trade our franchise player for two guys who are just "okay". I'm tired of them playing both sides of the issue here to save face.
    zing!
    You know squat. You know less than squat. You and Squat could go to the movies and Squat could wear an "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    It's really too bad we haven't been in a situation to play him 30+ mins a night to find out before he comes up for a new contract...
    Another ZING! Duh on the HC & FO on this one. Don't we want to give the guy enough minutes to see what he produces so we know what kind of paycheck he's going to get? Maybe they'll limit his minutes until he signs a new, low-cost deal, arguing he's "unproven" even though it'll be their own stupid fault. THEN they'll allow him to blossom on less money. I only hope at that point it won't be too late to get him to his highest level.
    You know squat. You know less than squat. You and Squat could go to the movies and Squat could wear an "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTappin View Post
    Another ZING! Duh on the HC & FO on this one. Don't we want to give the guy enough minutes to see what he produces so we know what kind of paycheck he's going to get? Maybe they'll limit his minutes until he signs a new, low-cost deal, arguing he's "unproven" even though it'll be their own stupid fault. THEN they'll allow him to blossom on less money. I only hope at that point it won't be too late to get him to his highest level.
    The problem with that is Favors will be worth a lot on the open market regardless i f the Jazz will play him or not. They can't hide him on the bench and expect to sign him up for cheap later. They are ****ing retarded if they think that. Well they are retarded, so I wouldn't put it past them. Everyone will be in Favors ear that he can get close to max, and some shrewd GM will offer him a lot.

So yes. Its a huge ****ing problem that the Jazz aren't seeing what they have first. Because unless Favors gets traded, we are giving him a big contract regardless. That why I think KOC is an idiot letting this go on. Not only do we need to see what he can do, we also should be investing a lot of time giving him reps and training him. Soon we are going to have a raw and unpolished maxed out player.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    The problem with that is Favors will be worth a lot on the open market regardless i f the Jazz will play him or not. They can't hide him on the bench and expect to sign him up for cheap later. They are ****ing retarded if they think that. Well they are retarded, so I wouldn't put it past them. Everyone will be in Favors ear that he can get close to max, and some shrewd GM will offer him a lot.

So yes. Its a huge ****ing problem that the Jazz aren't seeing what they have first. Because unless Favors gets traded, we are giving him a big contract regardless. That why I think KOC is an idiot letting this go on. Not only do we need to see what he can do, we also should be investing a lot of time giving him reps and training him. Soon we are going to have a raw and unpolished maxed out player.
    Yep. Even if they did succeed in hiding him on the bench and got him to stay, you're right about the unpolished thing. It'll be that or we won't have him at all. Idiots.