Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    f
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    Again, in that incident, Brian T. Smith was in the right. You don't name a starting line up straight from game notes. Locke later had to back track.

If anyone's a hack, it's Locke.
    I didn't say he was wrong, but he was a hack for making a big fuss about it when Locke was just like "Whatever my bad.".
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

12) Goose

Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    Seeing this tweet makes me think it was directed at Harold Hoof:

@jazzfanz: @tribjazz for the record, that's one douche on the site . #sorry
    so this site is full of douches(is that plurar for douche)
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Also, what kind of question is "WHo runs the tribjazzz twitter account?"? His name is right there.
    Give Harold Hoof a break. He's either a newbie or a trolling alt.

I didn't particularly like it when it switched from Brian T. I think I stopped following it for a while. But it is still a great source of Jazz information. I still follow Siler and Brian T they occasionally talk Jazz stuff still.

Quote Originally Posted by JimLes View Post
    Way to miss the point.
    It is a point worth missing.

Banned
    During a recent overtime game he wrote.... "JAZZ WIN...the tip". Or he'll make a snarky remark about some instance in a game that supports one of his countless baseless claims throughout a game.

I understand on the surface, everything he tweets is relatively harmless. But as THE reporter for the Utah Jazz for a major publication, you'd think he would have the professionalism to tweet game updates objectively. Not toy with fans. If he wants to share his sense of humor he can do so on his personal account.

When I'm on the road during a Jazz game and check my phone for updates of games, I'd prefer to get real updates from the SLTrib rather than some BS the reporter thinks is funny like, "JAZZ WIN.....the tip".

Big picture, this is completely worthless and a non-issue. But this is a message board, tailor made for people with gripes as mundane as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Hoof View Post
    During a recent overtime game he wrote.... "JAZZ WIN...the tip". Or he'll make a snarky remark about some instance in a game that supports one of his countless baseless claims throughout a game.

I understand on the surface, everything he tweets is relatively harmless. But as THE reporter for the Utah Jazz for a major publication, you'd think he would have the professionalism to tweet game updates objectively. Not toy with fans. If he wants to share his sense of humor he can do so on his personal account.

When I'm on the road during a Jazz game and check my phone for updates of games, I'd prefer to get real updates from the SLTrib rather than some BS the reporter thinks is funny like, "JAZZ WIN.....the tip".

Big picture, this is completely worthless and a non-issue. But this is a message board, tailor made for people with gripes as mundane as this.
    You are correct. It is also tailor made for people who disagree or find it unimportant to argue, mock or ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Hoof View Post

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

I mean - does anyone find this funny? What purpose does it actually serve? Why does someone who just wants to find information about the game, have to weed through tweets after tweets of this guy trying to be funny? And it's not even funny!

The professionalism is really lacking with this guy IMO. He should focus on making his reporting better, better information in an easy to read way. But on the contrary, he thinks he's like the next Jim Carey or something. It'll be fine if it's his personal account. But it's not. It's the Salt Lake Tribune Jazz account. There is a difference.
    KkKkkKKkkkKkKkkKKKkkkKkkkKkk
    #FireTy
    #LoveYourNeighbour

Huh I like him. He's eons better than Brian T. Smith. That guy just loved to stir the pot. He was awful and a drama queen. I like the goofy tweets from Oram

I follow him on twitter and FWIW betwixt the lighter-touched tweets there are always sincere game updates... i dunno wtf you're complaining about

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    Huh I like him. He's eons better than Brian T. Smith. That guy just loved to stir the pot. He was awful and a drama queen. I like the goofy tweets from Oram
    It's the "goofy tweets" we're complaining about.

You dig?
    #FireTy
    #LoveYourNeighbour

Yeah I get that you're complaining about them. But I like them

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    Yeah I get that you're complaining about them. But I like them
    If I have to choose between "goofy" and "professionalism" then I'd have to choose professionalism.

Goof around in your own free time / your own twitter account, but this is work time / work account.
    #FireTy
    #LoveYourNeighbour

Twitter is for fan interaction. I like the rapport that sort of tweeting promotes. And I never see these condescending battles with fans on my twitter feed... i think you only see them when you go to the profile. Anyway, I don't know why I'm defending this guy so hard except for that he's the replacement for BTS, who I despised, and no it wasn't the Locke thing, it was everything about him.

FWIW you'll find this similar goofy tone with at least 80% of legitimate NBA writers you follow on Twitter, national or local. Probably more. Its just part of being on Twitter.