Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: The Most disturbing stat of the season

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7119
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0

    The Most disturbing stat of the season

    during the game i saw a stat posted about points in the paint and opponents points in the paint.

    for al this jazz have one of the best big men rotation in the nba talk.
    it sure does suck that our opponents score almost 2 more points per game in the paint than jazz.

    what is even more disturbing is that only one team in the nba allows more point in the paint than the utah jazz.


    this is just baffling beyond belief.


    discuss

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,425
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Truth.

  3. #3
    Senior Member fgcamel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    1,777
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    5357
    Rep Adjustment Power
    33
    it does often seem that although inside should be our strength, we rely on the outside shot to really create seperation with our opponents, whether it be foye and god heating it up from outside, or jefferson hitting his mid range jumpers.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7119
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fgcamel View Post
    it does often seem that although inside should be our strength, we rely on the outside shot to really create seperation with our opponents, whether it be foye and god heating it up from outside, or jefferson hitting his mid range jumpers.
    are you trying to justify that our opponent scores more points in the paint than us

  5. #5
    "Keep Banging" ONE LOVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    29,510
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    38586
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    You can't blame Al for everything man. I know you hate Al with a vengeance. That's fine, it's a free country/world. But you've got to give credits where credits are due. He single handedly won us the Pacers game and he scored big down the stretch again tonight.

    Just a couple of points:

    1. OK we're not great defensively in the paint. That's what you get when you have a 6'9 power forward trying to guard the likes of Nowitzki, David West, etc. Millsap lack of length/presence has to be factored in here as well.

    2. Wait until we trade Sap and pair Al with Favors. Then let's see how our paint defense can improve. That's not too long to go now, it's 22 days until the trade dateline.

    Just be patient bro...
    GIVE THE PEOPLE
    WHAT THEY WANT

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7119
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    You can't blame Al for everything man. I know you hate Al with a vengeance. That's fine, it's a free country/world. But you've got to give credits where credits are due. He single handedly won us the Pacers game and he scored big down the stretch again tonight.

    Just a couple of points:

    1. OK we're not great defensively in the paint. That's what you get when you have a 6'9 power forward trying to guard the likes of Nowitzki, David West, etc. Millsap lack of length/presence has to be factored in here as well.

    2. Wait until we trade Sap and pair Al with Favors. Then let's see how our paint defense can improve. That's not too long to go now, it's 22 days until the trade dateline.

    Just be patient bro...
    we have seen an al/favors pair.
    it aint an upgrade over jefferson pimpslap pair.


    it does not disturb you that jazz opponents point in the paint is number 2 in the nba? it does not disturb you in the least.
    only one 1 team in the nba allows more points in the paint than jazz.

    this is the most disturbing stat to me.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7119
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    come playoff time this only means 1 thing

  8. #8
    Senior Member Mantis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    807
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1649
    Rep Adjustment Power
    27
    "Points in the paint" doesn't just include big-men buckets. It includes layups and dunks by swingmen and guards, too, including fast-break scores. This stat isn't just because of Al, or Millsap, or the starters, or the bench, it's from everyone. It's an indication that there is a fundamental problem with our team defence. And who is responsible for our team defensive scheme?
    You've always had a place to watch, now you have a place to ROOT!

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7119
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    scratch that now the most disturing stat is kanter gat get a full 5 minutes in a game vs the pelicans.
    hahahahahaha


    EPIC FAIL

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7119
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    "Points in the paint" doesn't just include big-men buckets. It includes layups and dunks by swingmen and guards, too, including fast-break scores. This stat isn't just because of Al, or Millsap, or the starters, or the bench, it's from everyone. It's an indication that there is a fundamental problem with our team defence. And who is responsible for our team defensive scheme?
    ofcourse i know what pooints in the paint is.
    it is a product of bad interior D.
    it's watching players go by and letting them lay it in.


  11. #11
    Senior Member midnight_hwy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Boise, Idaho
    Posts
    757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    329
    Rep Adjustment Power
    21
    The Ole' D is the big problem.
    Way to many uncontested layups and easy trips to the basket by the opposing teams. Opposing teams have got to love playing the Jazz. It's like a layup drill.
    Sad thing is, this seems more apparent depending on which Jazz players are on the court at any given time.

  12. #12
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    14,694
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    17994
    Rep Adjustment Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight_hwy View Post
    The Ole' D is the big problem.
    Way to many uncontested layups and easy trips to the basket by the opposing teams. Opposing teams have got to love playing the Jazz. It's like a layup drill.
    Sad thing is, this seems more apparent depending on which Jazz players are on the court at any given time.
    This.

    I will add that it was painful to watch Big Al. Let Lopez (the bad one) roam free and get easy put backs because Al doesn't seem to box out.
    Cy is a Baker, he doesn't work fast food. Don't make that mistake, he doesn't like it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us