View Poll Results: Which is better: Jefferson & Favors or Favors & Millsap?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jefferson & Favors

8 32.00%
  • Favors & Millsap

15 60.00%
  • It's a wash

2 8.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Jefferson & Favors vs. Favors & Millsap

If we trade Millsap or Jefferson our starting 5 & 4 will be either Jefferson & Favors or Favors & Millsap. Ignoring salary considerations, which is the better frontcourt?
    "Giving to the poor is an essential part of Christian morality. I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. Im afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare... If our charities do not at all pinch or hamper us, I should say they are too small. There ought to be things that wed like to do but cannot do because our charitable expenditure excludes them." --C.S. Lewis
    :-)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'd go with Favors & Millsap. I also think they compliment each other more. Millsap has a sweet jumper and is much faster than Big Al. Favors does most of his work up close and personal. Same with Kanter.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    I'd go with Favors & Millsap. I also think they compliment each other more. Millsap has a sweet jumper and is much faster than Big Al. Favors does most of his work up close and personal. Same with Kanter.
    This.

I would py add that there might be a slight drop off in offensive production at first but the added defense will make up for it. Also, Favors is getting better on the offensive end almost weekly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think the FO agrees since they tried extending Millsap.

Al has not been offered an extension and there's a reason

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Favors and Millsap. The other guarantees Kanter coming off the bench regardless for the duration of Jefferson's contract. Why anyone thinks Corbin would be adaptable is beyond me.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Jefferson and Favors played very well together last night.
    Jefferson was looking to pass and it was New Orleans, so I'm not making too much of it. Let's see them play this way against a better defensive team. Ryan Anderson is just toosmall4ballinlolz against Favors or Jeffy.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Jefferson and Favors played very well together last night.
    Jefferson was looking to pass and it was New Orleans, so I'm not making too much of it. Let's see them play this way against a better defensive team. Ryan Anderson is just toosmall4ballinlolz against Favors or Jeffy.
    See last night is an example of when Jefferson tries. He is by no means perfect but when he tries he is so much better. He simply does not have that fire I want in Jazz plyers. That needs to be stoked in the young guys now before it is to late.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    See last night is an example of when Jefferson tries. He is by no means perfect but when he tries he is so much better. He simply does not have that fire I want in Jazz plyers. That needs to be stoked in the young guys now before it is to late.
    I don't think so. Tyrone's offense is always showcased against lesser teams like New Orleans. Get a good defense with veterans who know what's going on and the Jazz are too easy to stop. They aren't good enough to run Ty's offense against better teams.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    he tried his but off . in the 1st qtr i sw him running the floor giving it his al. his pick and roll d even though he was trying was still horrible.
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The tandem does not matter, it is all about BA. He stifles the O and sucks on D. Does not matter who you pair him with.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Milsap and Favors by far. Offense improves + Defense improves. I think there's a stat out there that shows defensive efficiency of Favors/Jefferson vs. Favors/Milsap and it's pretty clear from that stat that we should stay away from Al.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    *complement
    "Giving to the poor is an essential part of Christian morality. I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. Im afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare... If our charities do not at all pinch or hamper us, I should say they are too small. There ought to be things that wed like to do but cannot do because our charitable expenditure excludes them." --C.S. Lewis
    :-)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    he tried his but off . in the 1st qtr i sw him running the floor giving it his al. his pick and roll d even though he was trying was still horrible.
    The truth.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    that being said even though al was truing after a 45 point loss wtf is up with him not trying 98% of the time.
    how much does he get paid?
    15 million or something?
    15 million reason to try 99.9% of the time
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    that being said even though al was truing after a 45 point loss wtf is up with him not trying 98% of the time.
    how much does he get paid?
    15 million or something?
    15 million reason to try 99.9% of the time
    Did you ever think about the hours they play in a year? 80 games at 30 minutes per game = 40 hours. In an entire year. If you cannot go flat out for that time for that money, you have a problem.