Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    I don't think KOC feels any obligation to re-sign Al. It's not like we are dealing with a Memo situation where the player in subject is a beloved member of the team by the fans. If he felt that toward anyone, he would feel that obligation towards Millsap, which could be good if we are able to get the right deal.
    I don't think it's a sentimental thing. It's more of a "how do you not resign your best player?" thing or a "we can't give the reigns to two guys who combined barely played more than Al last year" kind of thing or a "we need an offensive centerpiece" kind of thing or "how will we make the playoffs next year?" kind of thing or a "Al is a dominate low-post big man and you don't let him walk for nothing" kind of thing. You get the idea.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by infection View Post
    I don't think it's a sentimental thing. It's more of a "how do you not resign your best player?" thing or a "we can't give the reigns to two guys who combined barely played more than Al last year" kind of thing or a "we need an offensive centerpiece" kind of thing or "how will we make the playoffs next year?" kind of thing or a "Al is a dominate low-post big man and you don't let him walk for nothing" kind of thing. You get the idea.
    Point made, but could a Boozer like deal not be reached somehow where we did a sign and trade?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Point made, but could a Boozer like deal not be reached somehow where we did a sign and trade?
    Chicago did us a favor. I can't remember if they gave us a second rounder (I'm thinking no but could be wrong) but other than getting the trade exception, which I think we did to save face (I would have been content just letting him go). But back then we had Deron as well. We don't have a Deron (in the FO's mind) to alleviate the fan concern if Jefferson is gone (which I think would be a concern of management).

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by infection View Post
    Chicago did us a favor. I can't remember if they gave us a second rounder (I'm thinking no but could be wrong) but other than getting the trade exception, which I think we did to save face (I would have been content just letting him go). But back then we had Deron as well. We don't have a Deron (in the FO's mind) to alleviate the fan concern if Jefferson is gone (which I think would be a concern of management).
    I think KOC has a lot of friends in the league though. That could be due to his commitment to confidentiality in trade discussions, so maybe GM's (who aren't in our conference, direct competition with us) would throw us a bone like the Bulls did.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm just curious what the front office feels. This issue is so difficult you have to imagine there are some intense differing opinions behind the scenes.
    Now that Sloan is gone, and doesn't have that pull it all comes down to Greg, Lindsey, and KOC. I would love to know how they feel.
    If I had to guess they all love Millsap, and his game. 1 or two of them like Big Al as well. Greg is probably worried Sap will cost too much to
    resign. He's still talking himself into going with Big Al. Lindsey sees that Big Al is offensively talented but too flawed to build around. KOC
    is the wild card.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Ive never been into the fatties. one time was enough. her name was kat was seattle. she was a hefer.
    she was pretty good in bed though. ill give her that.
    why not. did you know if there are 2 girls hanging out one being a skinny, girl considered hot by most. hanging out with a fat girl who is kinda hot if she loses weight. you should show interirest in the fat girl. and show no interest at all in the skinny one you might be able to get both.

and think of all the soft cushyness.
    sometimes skinny girls get you bruises from al the exposing bones if you catch my drift
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Lol.... everyone goes slumming once in a while.
    I have never been with a fatty, but i have had a few butterfaces in my day.
    fatties > butterfaces
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Wait, we're talking about fat women when we say fatties???

*putting this thread on unfollow*
    we where not talking about al jefferson if you where thinking that
    01-21-2013

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If that happens, those extensions contracts will look like a big mistake to the youngsters.

Oh and there will be a mass suicide on the JF.

David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I don't get how KOC can talk about Jazz getting assets and then he just let's guys walk. The Jazz shouldn't have never extended Memo. He was breaking down before his injury. The Jazz need to think three years ahead instead of just staying the course until guys contracts are up. I always thought the Jazz should have traded Boozer a year before they let him walk. Once the Jazz made a decision to draft Kanter they should have started the process of getting rid of AL. THey could have played Favors and Millsap together and allow Kanter to get backup minutes.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    "Sometimes the best deal is no deal" KOC 1-28-13
    ...and 2012, and 2010, and 2009, and 2008, etc., etc. Every year, with the exception of when Deron's mutiny against Sloan in 2011 forced his hand, KOC has failed to make any siginificant trades at the deadline. Giri for Korver: dumping Brewer for a draft pick, trading Maynor and an injured Harpring for cap relief...those are KOC's BOLD moves.

Sorry, jimmy, I already predicted KOC wouldn't make a trade in another thread and provided the mock newspaper article. Millsap and Jefferson will be kept in order to provide leverage against each other during contract negotiations. And it will be Jefferson who is re-signed, along with Mo and Foye. Jazz will continue to be content to just make the playoffs. This organization continues to have ZERO vision. I'll never be a Laker's fan, but I find myself really admiring what GS, the Clippers and a few other teams have done.

I don't hate GS for tanking. San Antonio did it. Utah could have played the rookies last season and gotten a lottery pick. Instead, they fought for the right to be swept in the 1st round, give up their pick and continue to put out a disappointing product. But unless/until the majority of fans stop buying merchandise and going to games. the Millers and KOC will think that's what the communtity wants.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post
    I don't get how KOC can talk about Jazz getting assets and then he just let's guys walk. The Jazz shouldn't have never extended Memo. He was breaking down before his injury. The Jazz need to think three years ahead instead of just staying the course until guys contracts are up. I always thought the Jazz should have traded Boozer a year before they let him walk. Once the Jazz made a decision to draft Kanter they should have started the process of getting rid of AL. THey could have played Favors and Millsap together and allow Kanter to get backup minutes.
    What assets are you talking about? Everyone knew that Boozer wanted to go with LeBron, and so that narrowed the teams Boozer could be traded to (Miami, NY, Cle). Those three teams aren't going to trade for Boozer knowing that would cut down on their cap space and they could sign him anyways if LeBron wanted Boozer.

Jefferson is not an asset. We traded garbage for him. Nobody wants to trade anything for him.

Millsap is an asset, but we have waited a long time to move him. I don't see a team in the 4-6 range in a playoff hunt that could use Millsap to put them over the top. He is a nice player, but VASTLY over-rated by this franchise and fans. He is a small PF, whose scoring and rebounding have consistently dropped since taking over the starting job. AND he wants to "get paid." Do you want to shell out 40 over 4 AND players and picks for a guy who is declining? Especially when he won't put you over the top (ie, Pierce). Plus, teams know the Jazz are dumber than dumb for having 4 bigs worthy of starters minutes and so nobody is going to over pay for Millsap or Jefferson. They aren't worth it.

So, what guy did KOC let "walk" that would have brought back significant assets?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post

Millsap is an asset, but we have waited a long time to move him. I don't see a team in the 4-6 range in a playoff hunt that could use Millsap to put them over the top. He is a nice player, but VASTLY over-rated by this franchise and fans. He is a small PF, whose scoring and rebounding have consistently dropped since he starts allongside ballhog and defensive slob jefferson. AND he wants to "get paid." Do you want to shell out 40 over 4 AND players and picks for a guy who is declining? Especially when he won't put you over the top (ie, Pierce). Plus, teams know the Jazz are dumber than dumb for having 4 bigs worthy of starters minutes and so nobody is going to over pay for Millsap or Jefferson. They aren't worth it.

So, what guy did KOC let "walk" that would have brought back significant assets?

fixed
    01-21-2013

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    fixed
    LOL. Took me a minute to find it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    What assets are you talking about? Everyone knew that Boozer wanted to go with LeBron, and so that narrowed the teams Boozer could be traded to (Miami, NY, Cle). Those three teams aren't going to trade for Boozer knowing that would cut down on their cap space and they could sign him anyways if LeBron wanted Boozer.

Jefferson is not an asset. We traded garbage for him. Nobody wants to trade anything for him.

Millsap is an asset, but we have waited a long time to move him. I don't see a team in the 4-6 range in a playoff hunt that could use Millsap to put them over the top. He is a nice player, but VASTLY over-rated by this franchise and fans. He is a small PF, whose scoring and rebounding have consistently dropped since taking over the starting job. AND he wants to "get paid." Do you want to shell out 40 over 4 AND players and picks for a guy who is declining? Especially when he won't put you over the top (ie, Pierce). Plus, teams know the Jazz are dumber than dumb for having 4 bigs worthy of starters minutes and so nobody is going to over pay for Millsap or Jefferson. They aren't worth it.

To go along with this, what would you do if you were Miller?

Trade Al for crap, fall to the lottery, get the 10-12th pick, lose millions

or

Keep Al, then let him walk for nothing, get the 11-14th pick, and make millions off a potential 4 game sweep in the playoffs?

I hate it, but I get it.