Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    I think it's funny that Gordie can't play if he misses a practice. Like the Jazz game plan for each opponent:

Corbin: OK, when we're on offense against Portland we're going to throw it into Big Al. Then he makes his move(s), and if the shot isn't there, he throws it back out and we try it a 2nd time.
    Team: umm, don't we do that every possession?
    Corbin: No, this time I want you guys to really push the ball up the court before throwing it into Jefferson. That way, maybe we can get it to him 3 times instead of 2. Everyone else can just stand around and watch Al. Now let's all practice where you'll be standing and what you'll be looking at.
    the sad part is there is tuth in this. ^^^
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Also, this game is super important for Saturday's game too. The Jazz have only beaten 1 team with a winning record on the road. If the Jazz win tonight, Portland will no longer have a winning record and our chances of beating them on the road increase exponentially.

Astute observation

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm afraid these two games will reveal that JJ Hickson, the journeyman FA, is every bit as effective as Paul Millsap. Lets hope I'm wrong.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm looking forward to seeing Favors shut down Lamarcus though....

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This is a winnable game for sure - but it's a shame we don't have a franchise caliber type PG such as Lillard. He is excellent. Aldridge and Batum could be dangerous too, but they don't have much else. Hopefully 2 of our bigs hurt the Blazers inside all night and we can wear them out that way assuming Hayward remains sidelined.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Hoof View Post
    but it's a shame we don't have a franchise caliber type PG such as Lillard.
    We had one just a few years back. Didn't exactly work out that well.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    i think we can win the pottyland blazers.. if you get one started in foul trouble their game plan is done. it looks like thier startes do it all, i know this point has all ready been made, but i though id re-afirm it. I am ready for hayward to be back.
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLes View Post
    We had one just a few years back. Didn't exactly work out that well.
    Yes it did. He returned us to the playoffs and helped us reach the WCF. It's too bad the Jazz figured he wasn't sticking around and traded him. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't want another game-changing point guard. Any suggestion to the contrary is downright retarded - no offense.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Hoof View Post
    Yes it did. He returned us to the playoffs and helped us reach the WCF. It's too bad the Jazz figured he wasn't sticking around and traded him. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't want another game-changing point guard. Any suggestion to the contrary is downright retarded - no offense.
    Just point out that franchise type PGs are hardly a recipe for a championship, as evidenced by the league of the last 20 years. No need to get your knickers all in a knot.

And yes, in retrospect, I do wish the Jazz hadn't drafted Williams but had instead built around Kirilenko. Call me retarded all you want.

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLes View Post
    And yes, in retrospect, I do wish the Jazz hadn't drafted Williams but had instead built around Kirilenko. Call me retarded all you want.
    What?
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    What?
    no he wanted you to call him retarted.
    ― Jarod Kintz

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I've now jumped completely off the bandwagon. I'm hoping the Portland game is the start of many losses for the Jazz. Actually, that probably wouldn't even help as the team is without Mo. KOC will just use that as an excuse to re-sign Mo, Paul and Al as "we haven't seen what this team can do when healthy."

This season and this organization is such a joke right now. Never thought I'd be looking to the Clippers and Warriors as model organizations: teams that evaluated players, saw where they were lacking, took risks to improve their teams and now are seeing those gambles pay off. Meanwhile the Jazz just keep expecting the sheeple to eat the same crap year after year.
    Lose One More For OKAFOR!

No More Frowns If We Get TOWNS!

Shout Hooray for MUDIAY!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    What?
    Exactly what I said. I wish the Jazz had tried to build a team around one of the most unique talents of this generation instead of turning the keys over to a petulant, immature prick who turned out to be a glorified Kenny Anderson or Rod Strickland.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    I've now jumped completely off the bandwagon. I'm hoping the Portland game is the start of many losses for the Jazz. Actually, that probably wouldn't even help as the team is without Mo. KOC will just use that as an excuse to re-sign Mo, Paul and Al as "we haven't seen what this team can do when healthy."

This season and this organization is such a joke right now. Never thought I'd be looking to the Clippers and Warriors as model organizations: teams that evaluated players, saw where they were lacking, took risks to improve their teams and now are seeing those gambles pay off. Meanwhile the Jazz just keep expecting the sheeple to eat the same crap year after year.
    instead of food for thought i will call this "news article for thought" http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...yers.html?pg=2
    ― Jarod Kintz

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Marvin gets outworked by Batum. Loses the rebound, then gets a 3 drained in his face.
    "FEEL LIKE I'M ALL FLESH AND NO BONE
    I'M NOT THE SHAPES THAT I'M SHOWN
    HOPE I GET IT RIGHT TOMORROW"