Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    I have no idea if these young guys are getting upset or emotionally destroyed by thier lack of playing time, but i do think that the fans connection to the jazz is decreasing.

Also burks looks scared to try to do anything on offense, its like he is playing hot potato with the ball now. This is NOT the burks that i fell in love with at colorado, last year with utah, during summer league and during pre-season.... It seems that burks has found that the best way to get minutes is to get rid of the ball as quick as he can.
    On the flip-side, I also saw zero 19 footers taken by Burks early in the shot-clock, which was especially important with his role as a facilitator in tonight's game.

I think Burks's penetration game will never leave him. He's got great speed, contorts his body well, and knows how to finish around the hoop.

If he can learn how to play well within in an offense, facilitate our offense on the waning moments of the 4th quarter, and make smart passes (read-- then attack, as opposed to the opposite) then we officially have a very improved Alec Burks.

-George

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    On the flip-side, I also saw zero 19 footers taken by Burks early in the shot-clock, which was especially important with his role as a facilitator in tonight's game.

I think Burks's penetration game will never leave him. He's got great speed, contorts his body well, and knows how to finish around the hoop.

If he can learn how to play well within in an offense, facilitate our offense on the waning moments of the 4th quarter, and make smart passes (read-- then attack, as opposed to the opposite) then we officially have a very improved Alec Burks.

-George
    Good point george.
    Would rep if i could, thanks for making me feel better

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Hayward went through that too. He has to learn to find his spots in the offense. It can be difficult in the Jazz system, because it really isn't defined, he has to find his spots.
    This post also cheers me up a bit

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I have no idea if these young guys are getting upset or emotionally destroyed by thier lack of playing time, but i do think that the fans connection to the jazz is decreasing.

Also burks looks scared to try to do anything on offense, its like he is playing hot potato with the ball now. This is NOT the burks that i fell in love with at colorado, last year with utah, during summer league and during pre-season.... It seems that burks has found that the best way to get minutes is to get rid of the ball as quick as he can.
    He's definitely regressed this year. I don't know if it's his lack of playing time, a sophomore slump, role against 2nd units, or what. The NBA has a way of humbling college egos and that's probably a good thing for Burks. He needs to learn to play within a professional offense.

I'd love to hear an interview where he talks about the game slowing down to him, similar to what Favors said. This is where I see his decreased effiency shining through. It may look bad but will be exactly what he needs in the long run.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    He's definitely regressed this year. I don't know if it's his lack of playing time, a sophomore slump, role against 2nd units, or what. The NBA has a way of humbling college egos and that's probably a good thing for Burks. He needs to learn to play within a professional offense.

I'd love to hear an interview where he talks about the game slowing down to him, similar to what Favors said. This is where I see his decreased effiency shining through. It may look bad but will be exactly what he needs in the long run.
    Good stuff

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What makes you think Kanter is being emotionally destroyed? Is this something you are picking up from body language, interviews, anything other than your imagination?
    If you are working hard every day and never get rewarded for it, how would you feel ? Enes is not even getting the Chance to play more than 20 minutes, If the bigs infront of him are playing crap at a game on both ends of the floor. Can you remember the Lakers Game WITHOUT Favors ? Kanter was dominating again, but he didnīt get more than 17 Minutes, for scoring 14 points on 6-8 shooting and grabbing 7 boards. With no Favors on the team...
    Why they call him Big Al ? think of it...
    -----------------------------------------------------------

"In practice I’m going against a big great player like Al," Kanter said. "So, whenever I’m on the court with other big men it’s much easier."

No Kanter ,but more AL

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by pkmag2 View Post
    he should have been at the gym working on his posture whilst riding pine.
    This. He should be at the gym instead of mating with STD.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    If you are working hard every day and never get rewarded for it, how would you feel ? Enes is not even getting the Chance to play more than 20 minutes, If the bigs infront of him are playing crap at a game on both ends of the floor. Can you remember the Lakers Game WITHOUT Favors ? Kanter was dominating again, but he didnīt get more than 17 Minutes, for scoring 14 points on 6-8 shooting and grabbing 7 boards. With no Favors on the team...
    People in the real world do that all time. They work and work and work, and don't always get rewarded right away. Kanter is mentally tough enough to know he just has to keep working and he will get his eventually. Not everyone is an emotionally frail baby,

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    People in the real world do that all time. They work and work and work, and don't always get rewarded right away. Kanter is mentally tough enough to know he just has to keep working and he will get his eventually. Not everyone is an emotionally frail baby,
    Corbin wets himself at the thought of hurting a vets feelings. When does he start caring about pissing off the young players?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    This. He should be at the gym instead of mating with STD.
    Stacy The Drunk/

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Durrrr View Post
    Corbin wets himself at the thought of hurting a vets feelings. When does he start caring about pissing off the young players?
    maybe he love the yunsters so muchtaht he knows thy wiould never stay mad ahim

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Stacy The Drunk/
    More like-
    Stacy the Diseased

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The problem with Corbin, I think, is he's in win now mode because he is insecure about his job. If he had more job security, he might be playing the young guys more, or at least that seems like a way to excuse what I see as poor management.