Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 116
  1. #76
    Senior Member Marty McFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Total Rep Points
    367
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz_fanatic View Post
    That is so awesome! I'm so excited for you, A!
    Thank you! And I'm glad to see you're serious about getting out of Utah soon. Far too many people toss the idea around and never follow through.

  2. #77
    Senior Member Duck Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo
    Posts
    5,468
    Total Rep Points
    6800
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    So any of you guys going to try and leverage some good deals out of this "Cruise ship from hell" that's been in the news the past few days? You guys that have booked trips already should call and let them know how unsure you are about your reservation now so they can hook you up. I don't even want to go a cruise really, but I'm going to call in and see how much I can whittle down the price on a potential cruise just for kicks and if it's low enough I might just have to take it.

  3. #78
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,784
    Total Rep Points
    28215
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Thank you! And I'm glad to see you're serious about getting out of Utah soon. Far too many people toss the idea around and never follow through.
    I'd love to get out of Utah again. I'd make much more money than I am now and I'd have a lifestyle much closer to what I enjoy. But I won't see my girls very often so here I stay.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

    I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

  4. #79
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    48,589
    Total Rep Points
    53742
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    ^
    No money, no 'lifestyle' could replace your girls .. So good on ya bro.
    #dumptruckin

  5. #80
    Senior Member Marty McFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Total Rep Points
    367
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    So any of you guys going to try and leverage some good deals out of this "Cruise ship from hell" that's been in the news the past few days? You guys that have booked trips already should call and let them know how unsure you are about your reservation now so they can hook you up. I don't even want to go a cruise really, but I'm going to call in and see how much I can whittle down the price on a potential cruise just for kicks and if it's low enough I might just have to take it.
    Good idea, but I think they're going to tell you to kick rocks. Carnival cruises are already priced rock bottom (several of the Triumph passengers said they had only paid like $350 for the whole thing) and their leadership has already basically made it clear that they really don't care about this whole thing.

  6. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,041
    Total Rep Points
    2147
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Best places to look for last minute deals? I want to go somewhere next weekend. Thinking of California, but I need something cheap.

  7.  

     

  8. #82
    Senior Member Marty McFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Total Rep Points
    367
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz_fanatic View Post
    Best places to look for last minute deals? I want to go somewhere next weekend. Thinking of California, but I need something cheap.
    Skyscanner.com has some nice deals

  9. #83
    Senior Member Duck Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo
    Posts
    5,468
    Total Rep Points
    6800
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Good idea, but I think they're going to tell you to kick rocks. Carnival cruises are already priced rock bottom (several of the Triumph passengers said they had only paid like $350 for the whole thing) and their leadership has already basically made it clear that they really don't care about this whole thing.
    No doubt, it all comes to what the bookings(both those that have and those that may) reaction is. It does seem very inconsequential, it's a like a flight going down or something. It's probably not going to happen again tomorrow, but when you get as much media pub as it has people tend to start overreacting so you just join in and pretend like you care/are scared/whatever role you need to play. I'm not necessarily going for steep price discount on the surface, but maybe room upgrades and some complementary off the boat excursions. Anything that will make me think, "Okay, I want to go on a cruise now." Because I don't at this moment.Cruises are so much better when you're not in that standard cabin with the foldout beds that make your back ache....so a good room at that standard cabin rate might be enough to get me on the boat.
    Last edited by Duck Rodgers; 02-17-2013 at 05:28 PM.

  10. #84
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    31,658
    Total Rep Points
    45830
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz_fanatic View Post
    Best places to look for last minute deals? I want to go somewhere next weekend. Thinking of California, but I need something cheap.
    St George is beautiful this time of year.

    First class accommodations too.
    #BringBackUGLI

  11. #85
    Senior Member Duck Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo
    Posts
    5,468
    Total Rep Points
    6800
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz_fanatic View Post
    Best places to look for last minute deals? I want to go somewhere next weekend. Thinking of California, but I need something cheap.

    I don't think those really exist any more without doing things like going on standby with all the travel pricing aggregators online(read: multi-billion dollar behemoths controlling that market) or being in very specific spots that would rather have quick bookings that night once they know what their fill is going to look like at day's end.

    The fatwallet forums are always interesting to read on any $$$ matter, though like I said, I don't think you'll find anything there that will help too much with quick travel. It looks like a bunch of posts to wade through that ultimately come to the same conclusion that I wrote above. But occasionally there will be stuff that catches your eye on there:

    http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/travel-discussion/

  12. #86
    Premium Member QuinSnydersHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,644
    Total Rep Points
    11589
    Rep Adjustment Power
    45
    Thinking of taking off Monday and doing a long weekend getaway with the wifey. What's within four or five hours of Arlington that's worth seeing? Romantic?
    Originally Posted by DutchJazzer
    i might be the first retard in the internet then...cam on the internet in 1993 :P

  13. #87
    Senior Member carolinajazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,770
    Total Rep Points
    -657
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    When I go on vacation I do what my Daddy did with our dog. I tie him up to the tree in the backyard, give him a 5 gallon bucket of food to eat and a 5 gallon bucket of water to drink. Now I know he's gonna eat all the food the first day, knock over the bucket of water, too.....and then wrap himself around that tree 17 times! But he's still be there alive and well when I get back 2 weeks later!

  14. #88
    Premium Member QuinSnydersHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,644
    Total Rep Points
    11589
    Rep Adjustment Power
    45
    Good thing your mom survived your dad's cruel ways.
    Originally Posted by DutchJazzer
    i might be the first retard in the internet then...cam on the internet in 1993 :P

  15. #89
    Premium Member QuinSnydersHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,644
    Total Rep Points
    11589
    Rep Adjustment Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty the Turd View Post
    Thinking of taking off Monday and doing a long weekend getaway with the wifey. What's within four or five hours of Arlington that's worth seeing? Romantic?
    anyone help me with this?
    Originally Posted by DutchJazzer
    i might be the first retard in the internet then...cam on the internet in 1993 :P

  16. #90
    Senior Member Duck Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo
    Posts
    5,468
    Total Rep Points
    6800
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty the Turd View Post
    anyone help me with this?
    Utahans don't go to Texas. Ever. We all only know Vegas, Wendover, and SoCal intimately. Asking about any other places is a crap shoot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •