Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    That's what she said.
    PKM has like fiftyeleven kids. I think his junk works just fine.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Thats alot of speculation
    Actually, it is what is shown constantly throughout the league
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    Actually, it is what is shown constantly throughout the league
    So we should just assume that if kanter got more minutes then he would suck?

Actually i would rather go by how he (and the team) has done when al was out of the lineup and Kanter DID play big minutes against starters.... looked good to me.

Rep Level
    So we should just assume that if kanter got more minutes then he would suck?

Actually i would rather go by how he (and the team) has done when al was out of the lineup and Kanter DID play big minutes against starters.... looked good to me.
    Not suck. But he would definitely be less efficient.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Rep Level
    Maybe.

Rep Level
    Maybe.
    definitely.

Rep Level
    definitely.
    ur a lunatic, wolf

Rep Level
    definitely.
    You are right, no player in the history of the nba has gotten more comfortable with more playing time and actually improved.

Basically what coaches should do with your logic is play all 13 players on the team the minimum amount of time and that way they would all be more efficient right? Cause once they play more minutes, thier efficiency automatically gets worse.

Rep Level
    You are right, no player in the history of the nba has gotten more comfortable with more playing time and actually improved.

Basically what coaches should do with your logic is play all 13 players on the team the minimum amount of time and that way they would all be more efficient right? Cause once they play more minutes, thier efficiency automatically gets worse.
    Oh, I'm sure there's a few that have. But they are far outnumbered by the majority.

Millsap was more efficient offensively backing up Boozer in his final year, then when he took the starting reigns from Booz. Not to mention Millsap's defense was 10x better as he could play his heart out, and not have to worry about picking up too many fouls or carrying the offensive load.

Monta Ellis was far more efficient playing limited minutes. Once he got big minutes from GSW, he started taking more and more shots and his efficiency took a nose dive.

More minutes means more shots means lower FG% means less efficiency. This is why per36 doesn't scale, at all. The only thing it is useful for is comparing players who are playing similar minutes.

Banned
    Rep Level
    Oh, I'm sure there's a few that have. But they are far outnumbered by the majority.

Millsap was more efficient offensively backing up Boozer in his final year, then when he took the starting reigns from Booz. Not to mention Millsap's defense was 10x better as he could play his heart out, and not have to worry about picking up too many fouls or carrying the offensive load.

Monta Ellis was far more efficient playing limited minutes. Once he got big minutes from GSW, he started taking more and more shots and his efficiency took a nose dive.

More minutes means more shots means lower FG% means less efficiency. This is why per36 doesn't scale, at all. The only thing it is useful for is comparing players who are playing similar minutes.

Please give this argument to Zach Lowe of Grantland.

And then, he will return by telling you all about Omer Asik, and James Harden. Two players THIS SEASON that have maintained their production in increased roles.

Let alone all of these increased role assignments that happen on an annual basis. Sorry LW, I am a Corbin fan, and Al fan, but you're wrong here.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Please give this argument to Zach Lowe of Grantland.

And then, he will return by telling you all about Omer Asik, and James Harden. Two players THIS SEASON that have maintained their production in increased roles.

Let alone all of these increased role assignments that happen on an annual basis. Sorry LW, I am a Corbin fan, and Al fan, but you're wrong here.
    uh, James Hardens eFG is down 10% from last year.

Asik is the one player that goes against the grain.

Kobe's best offensive years have been with his usage around 30%, His higher usage ones are worse in terms of efficiency.

Kaman has a reduced role for Dallas, and is having his most efficient year since 2008.

it goes on and on.

PS: Kanter is a second year project. His time will come. What I say has nothing to do with being a Corbin or Al "fan"

Rep Level
    You post this nice 10 game stat. Your first post was great. And your neg was correct, it's wrong for me to talk about nazis regardless of how pissed I get about a post.

Then, compare to AJ and it goes to the lynch mob. FU 2 GVC. I don't care who your parents were, who your friend are, who you are. You were and are absolutely being absurdly biased with your stats.

You know what, why didn't you post the last (previous)10 games of Kanter? Why didn't you post another set of stats of another player ( i dunno, maybe Favors) in a similar situation? F NO, it hast to be about Jefferson.

You are a respected poster on this site. I expect people like you to be intellectually honest. It's absolutely ridiculous to compare per 36 to a guy that is actually playing close to 36. You know that.

I'll give you a straight up wager. Ty Corbin will never be fired. If he is fired I'll never post on this site again. If he wins to the conference championship I expect a well written apology.

Will you take?
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Rep Level
    This is why per36 doesn't scale, at all. The only thing it is useful for is comparing players who are playing similar minutes.
    Players generally have a learning curve during their first few years, so naturally their per36 goes up as they get comfortable and transition into their prime. Mins and eFG% goes up as well each year. It's really quite common.

Once players have gotten past the learning curve, I think your statement has more accuracy. Since we are talking about a sophmore, I think there is good reason for optimism that Kanter's per36 numbers should actually go up as his minutes increase!
    Chop it!!!

Rep Level
    This.
    PS: Kanter is a second year project. His time will come. What I say has nothing to do with being a Corbin or Al "fan"
    And this.

I may be a homer. But I'm a realistic homer. Enes needs to improve his ability to read the game, the opposition and his matchup and act with his reflexes, instincts. Otherwise, his improvement will be limited. He always hustles, he kicked ass in the Kings game, but hustle isn't everything when it comes to basketball.
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"

Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Dave Locke:
    The Jazz PR guy just walked by shaking his head at you.
    What did you do?

Kanter: I dropped a bomb.

~I'm sure it's hell to go to the public bathroom Kanter uses.

Rep Level

So what did you think about my solution to this problem? You say the more minutes a player gets, the worse he gets.... so how about playing every player on the roster less than 20 minutes a game? Then each player would have amazing efficiency and they would all shoot 55 percent from he field and we would win teh championship right?

P.S. That was some major trolling right there ^^^