Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    It's time for Burks to put out.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

So, have they confirmed yet if Wesley Matthews will be sitting out tonight? Or perhaps Ronnie Price?

Going to the game tonight, but my main worry is Portland doing what they always do at their place and shooting 100% down the final few minutes. Having one of their starters injured helps (since their bench players don't really do anything when they're on the court) but they all get improbably accurate once they get their usual late-game home momentum and the crowd starts cheering and jumping. They have lost exactly one fourth quarter since the Minnesota game January 5th, and that one lost fourth quarter doesn't really count because it was the Clippers game where they went 10-0 over the last two and a half minutes of the game and won by 1.

Basically, combine that with our usual late-game collapses, and we really need to be up 30-something going into the half.

Portland by 20 points.

The good news of the night is Burks will get a lot of playing time. I just hope he proves himself worthy of more minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    The good news of the night is Burks will get a lot of playing time. I just hope he proves himself worthy of more minutes.
    Ya, im nervous for him...... i really hope he shines

Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Ya, im nervous for him...... i really hope he shines
    the force is with him...
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

It's too bad Hayward is out. He would allow Burks to play off the ball more as well as play some PG minutes.
    The Jazz play like azz when the J ain't workin'.

No Hayward or Watson. Looks like 48 minutes for Foye & Tinsley.

Lowest circle of hell, watching the Jazz on standard def on a tube tv.
    David Locke @Lockedonsports about 27 minutes ago
    Jazz v. Blazers - No Mo Williams, Gordon Hawyard, Earl Waston for Jazz. No Wesley Matthews, Ronnie Price and Sasha Pavlovic for Blazers.

Bill Oram @tribjazz about 24 minutes ago
    Tyrone Corbin was sketchy on details of Earl Watson's injury, but does not believe it is related to his April knee surgery.

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody about 15 minutes ago
    Corbin on Big Al: "He wanted to play three and now he's going to the point. He's moving around little bit. I like him on the block, though."

Al at the point?
    that's awkward.
    The book I want to write: From Showtime to spreadsheet - How analytics killed the NBA.

David Locke ‏@Lockedonsports
    Back up point guard tonight is Alec Burks v. Nolan Smith - Smith has played 37 mins since Dec 15 and is 4 of 14 shooting

This should be interesting--really. This is going to be a fun game, no matter what.

Lowest circle of hell, watching the Jazz on standard def on a tube tv.
    Hey the Jazz need a pg, there is this guy that is playing on ESPN right now that looks pretty good. Trey Burks, has anybody heard of him? Is he related to Alec?

Mike Tokito @mtokito about 54 minutes ago
    Tyrone Corbin's take on Utah's injuries could apply to #Blazers: "You know what? It's that time of year, man ... things happen."

Chris Haynes @ChrisBHaynes about 53 minutes ago
    #Blazers F/C Joel Freeland (stomach illness) says he has lost six pounds in two days and you can tell. He is active tonight vs Jazz.
    The book I want to write: From Showtime to spreadsheet - How analytics killed the NBA.

box out al! for ****s sake!

Foye 2-2 on 3s!

You can't leave Batum on defense...

Foye stay on Batum damn it!