Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 121 to 131 of 131
  1. #121
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,816
    Total Rep Points
    16493
    Rep Adjustment Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    those are all star numbers.
    jefferson makes opposing undersized centers look like all stars
    Fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  2. #122
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,816
    Total Rep Points
    16493
    Rep Adjustment Power
    69
    I only have a few thoughts from tonight's gsme. I liked the changes that Corbin tried with substitutions. Unfortunately I wish they would have come in the first half as well.

    So the bench struggled tonight. Big deal. That is bound to happen. I'm giving them a pass. I should point out that outside of a 5 minute stretch of bad defense and no offense the bench actually looked good.

    The glaring and obvious problem is still Fat Fail aka Big Al. He didn't rebound well tonight, he didn't score efficiently tonight and he didn't defend like always. Hickson is a slightly below average big and yet he looked like an Allstar out there.

    Addition by subtraction? I think it's time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  3. #123
    Senior Member gregbroncs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Here! Wait is this a roll call?
    Posts
    3,949
    Total Rep Points
    4088
    Rep Adjustment Power
    30
    I don't think the bench played that bad. We had a 7 point lead when Corbin put Jefferson, and Tinsley back in and a little later put Marvin back in. As soon as I saw Tinsley and Jefferson re-enter the game I knew we were toast.
    .
    Jefferson -8, Tinsley -12, and Marvin -10. Favors was Also -8 but he was the only guy on the bench that was not basically even. Even though they had Kanter, Favors, Millsap, Burks and Foye in for a good stretch against starters. What happened to these guys can't perform against starters? It sure looks to me like our starters don't perform against starters. And our bench does just fine.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

  4. #124
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    404
    Total Rep Points
    641
    Rep Adjustment Power
    19
    Honestly I don't like Al Jefferson at all, but he's going to the Jazz guy for the rest of the season. Who's going to take him? The only team that I think could use him is Miami. They need big bodies. But who would we get back? Cole, Miller, Anthony I don't think Miami would make that deal. We need to trade Millsap for a competent pg and let Al expire.

  5. #125
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,635
    Total Rep Points
    4728
    Rep Adjustment Power
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Honestly I don't like Al Jefferson at all, but he's going to the Jazz guy for the rest of the season. Who's going to take him? The only team that I think could use him is Miami. They need big bodies. But who would we get back? Cole, Miller, Anthony I don't think Miami would make that deal. We need to trade Millsap for a competent pg and let Al expire.
    miami could send a 2nd round draft pick
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

    LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

  6. #126
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,365
    Total Rep Points
    7682
    Rep Adjustment Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Bill Oram @tribjazz 02 Feb
    Corbin says he's kept Kanter out of games so he has Jefferson/Millsap offense, but Kanter/Favors should be able to score against Meyers Leonard


    Bill Oram @tribjazz 02 Feb
    In desperate need of of offense, Corbin inserts Kanter, a player he has made very clear he doesn't believe provides any offense.



    So Corbin believes he can't play Kanter because of Kanter's lack of offense? Well, what did he expect from the Jazz having Kanter working with Mark Eaton.
    More proof that Corbin doesn't know what he is doing. Kanter and Favors have offensive games. You just need to know what plays to run when they are on the court.

    This assumes you actually have plays to run...

  7. #127
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,635
    Total Rep Points
    4728
    Rep Adjustment Power
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    More proof that Corbin doesn't know what he is doing. Kanter and Favors have offensive games. You just need to know what plays to run when they are on the court.

    This assumes you actually have plays to run...
    don't you know only big al and foye have an offensive game.

    corbin needs 5 players with offensive game to institue an offense until then it's dump it down to al or let foye chuck
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

    LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

  8. #128
    Wide Awake Stifle Tower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    On the Snyde
    Posts
    15,446
    Total Rep Points
    28187
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    To me, this is the 2nd-most disappointing game of the season, only surpassed by that &^%$# of a performance against Houston. A very winnable game against a team that was missing a key starter and has the worst bench in the NBA. This should have been an automatic win. Instead, the Jazz do zero rotating on Lillard. Seriously, how hard is it for Corbin to tell his guards NOT to let him shoot a 3? And the bigs were absolutely horrible against Aldridge and Hickson. Jazz were outboarded by 12! And was anyone guarding Batum? I've never seen a guy with so many wide open looks (well, outside of the spacing given to Lillard). This Jazz team is regressing. Yes, blame injuries to Mo, Hayward and Watson. But other teams are hurting too, and the rest of the team steps up...and the coaches adjust. Personnel and coaching changes SHOULD be made (but won't be, I know).

  9. #129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    2,493
    Total Rep Points
    1984
    Rep Adjustment Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    To me, this is the 2nd-most disappointing game of the season, only surpassed by that &^%$# of a performance against Houston. A very winnable game against a team that was missing a key starter and has the worst bench in the NBA. This should have been an automatic win. Instead, the Jazz do zero rotating on Lillard. Seriously, how hard is it for Corbin to tell his guards NOT to let him shoot a 3? And the bigs were absolutely horrible against Aldridge and Hickson. Jazz were outboarded by 12! And was anyone guarding Batum? I've never seen a guy with so many wide open looks (well, outside of the spacing given to Lillard). This Jazz team is regressing. Yes, blame injuries to Mo, Hayward and Watson. But other teams are hurting too, and the rest of the team steps up...and the coaches adjust. Personnel and coaching changes SHOULD be made (but won't be, I know).
    Tinsley is only capable of driving somebody off the 3 point line or keeping them away from the rim. So that was the choice we made by playing Tinsley and telling him to guard the paint.
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
    Just like everyone else.
    -Margaret Mead

  10. #130
    Wide Awake Stifle Tower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    On the Snyde
    Posts
    15,446
    Total Rep Points
    28187
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    Tinsley is only capable of driving somebody off the 3 point line or keeping them away from the rim. So that was the choice we made by playing Tinsley and telling him to guard the paint.
    Portland was playing 4 on 5. Do you think we really needed to guard Claver? He had only lucky make. There were numerous times a double team should have stopped Lillard. What really killed the Jazz, though, was the terrible play of the bigs. The Jazz were dominated inside.

  11.  

     

  12. #131
    Senior Member //r00t 4 Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,756
    Total Rep Points
    2241
    Rep Adjustment Power
    24
    Nobody giving Porty credit for their 3pt shooting and anybody look at what Hickson's home stats are and all the other teams he has lit up? Difference was the back up PG that hit those 3's (Nolan Smitch I think is his name) and they had some players (like Hickson) he stepped up since they were missing some players. The only person that stepped up for the Jazz was Carroll & Marvin Williams IMO, Kanter stepped down and Burks at best was even but definitely didn't step up like I had hoped he would.

    Oh and I would agree about the PG play and like I say in a lot of losses the PG play is really bad and to win the Jazz have to make up the lack of PG play in other areas.

    I know I'm late to this thread but I'm glad some of the same people still only complain about the same things they always do and ignore the fact that despite missing Hayward, Mo and Earl and the Blazers shooting 10-18 (55%) from 3 that the Jazz had a chance to win. So good on you and careful you don't hurt yourself grinding that axe to your elbows.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •