Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
  1. #16
    Senior Member Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In my office
    Posts
    12,162
    Total Rep Points
    36427
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Let me know when he weighs 275


    I think thats when he will be ready.




    ↓ Not sure if serious.

  2. #17
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Total Rep Points
    4739
    Rep Adjustment Power
    28
    He seems like he's an excellent passer.

  3. #18
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    8,695
    Total Rep Points
    14414
    Rep Adjustment Power
    67
    Very gifted offensive player. He's never developed his size into playing effective defense.
    Shame really.
    #beinsorryyoformario

  4. #19
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Total Rep Points
    4739
    Rep Adjustment Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Very gifted offensive player. He's never developed his size into playing effective defense.
    Shame really.
    How do we know he doesn't play defense? His size is big, he could just stand there and be a better rim defender than Milsap..

  5. #20
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    8,695
    Total Rep Points
    14414
    Rep Adjustment Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    How do we know he doesn't play defense? His size is big, he could just stand there and be a better rim defender than Milsap..
    Watch the games. Plenty of game clips on You Tube. He doesn't use his size nearly enough to affect the offensive players.
    He's improved slightly, but in the NBA I think he gets abused a lot. He could be a good back up player who scored for us,
    but does he want to come here just to be a 3th 4th string big?
    #beinsorryyoformario

  6. #21
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Total Rep Points
    4739
    Rep Adjustment Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Watch the games. Plenty of game clips on You Tube. He doesn't use his size nearly enough to affect the offensive players.
    He's improved slightly, but in the NBA I think he gets abused a lot. He could be a good back up player who scored for us,
    but does he want to come here just to be a 3th 4th string big?
    Ah ok, didn't realize there were games on youtube.

  7. #22
    Senior Member Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    34,007
    Total Rep Points
    30904
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    I think he would be at least as good as Splitter if he ever comes over.
    :^D

  8. #23
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,629
    Total Rep Points
    17522
    Rep Adjustment Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by illyasova View Post
    Come on man, just some respect to Che. At least he fought for his philosophy till the death
    A lot of very bad and wrong people have done the same. That's only admirable if the conduct and the cause is. And Che's warts have disappeared in the ether of history for a lot of people to make him a false hero.
    "I will say, almost everything. And I didnít bring it every night. But I think most everything was a frustration."

  9.  

     

  10. #24
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,629
    Total Rep Points
    17522
    Rep Adjustment Power
    78
    Anyway, Tomic fascinates me. I have no idea how he would translate to the NBA and the spectrum of my imagination is pretty wide. I'm skeptical we ever see him in the NBA, though, so I've stopped thinking about him.

    That said, I bet he could've been convinced to come over if the Jazz would've traded a big (and not brought another one back) last offseason. Whoops.
    "I will say, almost everything. And I didnít bring it every night. But I think most everything was a frustration."

  11. #25
    Senior Member Broncster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo, UT
    Posts
    1,185
    Total Rep Points
    2248
    Rep Adjustment Power
    25
    We are needing another 4/5 we should get his ass over here asap

  12. #26
    Senior Member candrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,477
    Total Rep Points
    9130
    Rep Adjustment Power
    48
    Having him look more like an NBA player may make his rights more trade-able. Perhaps The Jazz FO should look at it that way.

  13. #27
    Senior Member mellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On my way to greater things.
    Posts
    6,359
    Total Rep Points
    17824
    Rep Adjustment Power
    78
    Jorge Sierra @hoopshype 3 minutes ago
    Jazz draftee Ante Tomic is sticking it to his old team late in the game. Even dunked twice today. Still a soft player.
    Out of nowhere, the Utah Jazz are both frightening and fascinating and there is suddenly no limit to their potential. -SBNation 8 march, 2015.

  14. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    545
    Total Rep Points
    1094
    Rep Adjustment Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Jorge Sierra @hoopshype 3 minutes ago
    Jazz draftee Ante Tomic is sticking it to his old team late in the game. Even dunked twice today. Still a soft player.
    Barcelona team site game recap: http://www.fcbarcelona.com/basketbal...ce=twitterfeed

  15. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    545
    Total Rep Points
    1094
    Rep Adjustment Power
    21
    Yesterday he put up really nice numbers against his team from a year ago:
    http://www1.realgm.com/international...-Madrid/121135

    I've posted this elsewhere, but in case you haven't seen it, here's an article touting Tomic's improved defensive/rebounding presence this year: http://thebasketballpost.com/2013/01...nte-tomic.aspx

    I think his softness means he would never be a long-term NBA starter, but if the price was right and the desire was there on his side, maybe he could become a useful 3rd or 4th big in a rotation.

  16. #30
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Total Rep Points
    4739
    Rep Adjustment Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    Yesterday he put up really nice numbers against his team from a year ago:
    http://www1.realgm.com/international...-Madrid/121135

    I've posted this elsewhere, but in case you haven't seen it, here's an article touting Tomic's improved defensive/rebounding presence this year: http://thebasketballpost.com/2013/01...nte-tomic.aspx

    I think his softness means he would never be a long-term NBA starter, but if the price was right and the desire was there on his side, maybe he could become a useful 3rd or 4th big in a rotation.
    Damn, he's 7'3''!?
    That article makes him sound really good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •