Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceJL View Post
    i really wanna get season tickets to basketball & thats the biggest reason why i would choose SLC over Denver...
    crazy??
    Um...do you know who you're talking to?

We understand.

Rep Level
    The bad part of the summer is the unbearable heat. I freaking hate it. Weeks on end of high 90's to 100+. But like the others have said, you're only minutes from the mountains with their lakes and hiking/biking trails and only a couple hours from really great "roughing it" type camping.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb View Post
    The bad part of the summer is the unbearable heat. I freaking hate it. Weeks on end of high 90's to 100+. But like the others have said, you're only minutes from the mountains with their lakes and hiking/biking trails and only a couple hours from really great "roughing it" type camping.
    humidity too??
    the humidity in the east coast sucks!!
    i may quote myself from other treads... sue me!

Rep Level
    humidity too??
    the humidity in the east coast sucks!!
    No on the humidity.... and i would say that bigb has reasonable gripes about the summer heat, but i personally dont mind it..... I love summer nights in slc and like bigb said, you can beat the heat by going up in the mtns that surround us.
    St george heat is too much for me though

Rep Level
    What do you do (or want to do) professionally? Coming from Jersey, you're probably going to find SLC a quiet and quaint little town. It feels like a small town, even though it's spread out over 10+ miles.

Rep Level
    If you're heading west, you're probably better off making all the way to California, unless outdoors stuff like skiing, hiking, biking, etc. are your thing.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    What do you do (or want to do) professionally? Coming from Jersey, you're probably going to find SLC a quiet and quaint little town. It feels like a small town, even though it's spread out over 10+ miles.
    ive lived & worked in the city but i want a small town feel. i wanna know all of my neighbors & shop workers....
    i may quote myself from other treads... sue me!

Rep Level
    damn, those inversions sound horrible & from your descriptions, i'm thinking of LA smog!! i thought people move towards the elevation for cleaner air??
    The air quality from the inversion has been horrible this year, for a couple of weeks. But it's never been this bad before that I can remember in my ~9 years of living in Utah. And it depends where you live--I live in Utah County, and I'm pretty sure we don't generally get hit as hard with the inversions as the people in Salt Lake County.

And as many people said, the outdoor activities in the spring/summer/fall are fabulous.
    The word you are looking for is very probably "complement", not "compliment". As in "Favors and Kanter will likely complement each other nicely". Although... depending on how impressive a given play is, they may compliment each other nicely as well.

Rep Level
    The bad part of the summer is the unbearable heat. I freaking hate it. Weeks on end of high 90's to 100+.
    I grew up in Maryland, and the heat there is FAR more unbearable than the heat here. For what it's worth.
    The word you are looking for is very probably "complement", not "compliment". As in "Favors and Kanter will likely complement each other nicely". Although... depending on how impressive a given play is, they may compliment each other nicely as well.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    I grew up in Maryland, and the heat there is FAR more unbearable than the heat here. For what it's worth.
    I went on my mission to Honduras. The day I got off the plane it was like 85 with about 80% humidity. I totally get the humid heat thing. I still hate the dry heat though too.

Rep Level
    ive lived & worked in the city but i want a small town feel. i wanna know all of my neighbors & shop workers....
    The STG is your place..
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Rep Level
    I went on my mission to Honduras. The day I got off the plane it was like 85 with about 80% humidity. I totally get the humid heat thing. I still hate the dry heat though too.
    Get out of the kitchen!!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png