Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    9

    Locke was wrong.

    A couple months ago me and him argued on twitter that Burks( I said was a poor mans westbrook) and he was telling me Jo way in hell would Burks ever be a decent PG...lol I'm still waiting on my answer back

  2.  

     

  3. #2
    BF Leauge CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Freakin' In!
    Posts
    10,716
    Rep Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_junkie View Post
    A couple months ago me and him argued on twitter that Burks( I said was a poor mans westbrook) and he was telling me Jo way in hell would Burks ever be a decent PG...lol I'm still waiting on my answer back
    Screenshots or it didn't happen.

  4. #3
    Senior Member LunaticWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,074
    Rep Power
    16
    Wow, Poor mans westbrook? Thats really high for burks dude.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

  5. #4
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    7,592
    Rep Power
    49
    The point is Burks has talent. More talent than Watson or Tinsley.
    He is playing out of his natural position, but is fine as a back up PG.
    He can get us into our offense, and the defense has to respect his shot.
    He can slash, and attack the time better than Watson.

    He should have been playing above Earl this entire time.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

  6. #5
    Senior Member gomretat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    672
    Rep Power
    17
    I would love Locke to be wrong on this topic - it would be great to have a PG with the size and strength of AB. The fact that AB had a good game at point against one of the worst defensive teams in the league doesn't mean we have an answer. Burks has struggled all year at both SG and PG with intermittent moments of solid play. Last night was great to see and I hope it continues lets hold off on where and how he fits.

  7. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Rep Power
    0
    Well the fact that Burks looked pretty uncomfortable with Jimmer getting up in him on D is not a great sign, he is a terrible ball handler. He had a few assists last night but I dont think he did anything to show he could be a PG. I mean hell, even Jefferson had 5 assists the other night.

  8. #7
    Senior Member Kyoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    317
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
    Well the fact that Burks looked pretty uncomfortable with Jimmer getting up in him on D is not a great sign, he is a terrible ball handler. He had a few assists last night but I dont think he did anything to show he could be a PG. I mean hell, even Jefferson had 5 assists the other night.
    I totally agree with this. Even with Thomas getting up on Burks, he had trouble getting into the offense usually ending in finally passing the ball to someone else with 7 seconds left on the clock. It seemed like the only way we were able to get into our offense was if he passed it to Foye and let him bring the ball up. Burks seemed really shaky with his ball handling skills, and it just seemed like if Foye wasn't on the court at the same time it would have been a terrible idea to have Burks at the 1.

  9. #8
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    44,006
    Rep Power
    150
    I think this thread is a general fail.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  10. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Rep Power
    0
    As annoyong, creepy, weird as locke is I think he has a pretty decent basketball mind. Sometimes he uses stats over logic but there isn't a lot that he says that I disagree with.

  11. #10
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    44,006
    Rep Power
    150
    And that's somehow proof?
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  12. #11
    Senior Member Kyoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    317
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I think this thread is a general fail.
    Well, voice your opinion on how you think Burks played at PG.

  13. #12
    Senior Member Kyoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    317
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    And that's somehow proof?
    No one more annoying than someone who thinks they're 100% right when it comes to conjecture.

  14. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    And that's somehow proof?
    Of course thats goddamned proof

  15. #14
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    12,210
    Rep Power
    93
    I still think that if the jazz used burks like they should have from the first game of last year, then we would have a very talented and effective 2 guard right now.... instead they are trying to make him into something that he is not and are not using him properly.

    Last night it was great to see him hitting those outside jumpers, but that is not his game..... It seems like the jazz try to take away everything that he is good at, and intead try to force him to do things that he struggles with, so i expect him to look bad.
    He should be getting a few iso plays each game, and some pick and roll situations. They should have him doing back door cuts and flashes to hoop (similar to ronnie brewer type plays) to use his athleticism.

    Instead, he brings the ball up and passes into the post and then mostly stands on the 3 point line waiting for a kick out so he take a long jump shot.... or he just sets screens down low to help al get the ball in post.

  16. #15
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    12,600
    Rep Power
    57
    The entire time Burks was being guarded by Jimmer I kept thinking that he should blow by him and throw it down. That was the only negative that I really had with Burks' game last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •