Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Locke was wrong.

A couple months ago me and him argued on twitter that Burks( I said was a poor mans westbrook) and he was telling me Jo way in hell would Burks ever be a decent PG...lol I'm still waiting on my answer back

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_junkie View Post
    A couple months ago me and him argued on twitter that Burks( I said was a poor mans westbrook) and he was telling me Jo way in hell would Burks ever be a decent PG...lol I'm still waiting on my answer back
    Screenshots or it didn't happen.

Wow, Poor mans westbrook? Thats really high for burks dude.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

The point is Burks has talent. More talent than Watson or Tinsley.
    He is playing out of his natural position, but is fine as a back up PG.
    He can get us into our offense, and the defense has to respect his shot.
    He can slash, and attack the time better than Watson.

He should have been playing above Earl this entire time.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

I would love Locke to be wrong on this topic - it would be great to have a PG with the size and strength of AB. The fact that AB had a good game at point against one of the worst defensive teams in the league doesn't mean we have an answer. Burks has struggled all year at both SG and PG with intermittent moments of solid play. Last night was great to see and I hope it continues lets hold off on where and how he fits.

Banned
    Well the fact that Burks looked pretty uncomfortable with Jimmer getting up in him on D is not a great sign, he is a terrible ball handler. He had a few assists last night but I dont think he did anything to show he could be a PG. I mean hell, even Jefferson had 5 assists the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
    Well the fact that Burks looked pretty uncomfortable with Jimmer getting up in him on D is not a great sign, he is a terrible ball handler. He had a few assists last night but I dont think he did anything to show he could be a PG. I mean hell, even Jefferson had 5 assists the other night.
    I totally agree with this. Even with Thomas getting up on Burks, he had trouble getting into the offense usually ending in finally passing the ball to someone else with 7 seconds left on the clock. It seemed like the only way we were able to get into our offense was if he passed it to Foye and let him bring the ball up. Burks seemed really shaky with his ball handling skills, and it just seemed like if Foye wasn't on the court at the same time it would have been a terrible idea to have Burks at the 1.

I think this thread is a general fail.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Banned
    As annoyong, creepy, weird as locke is I think he has a pretty decent basketball mind. Sometimes he uses stats over logic but there isn't a lot that he says that I disagree with.

And that's somehow proof?
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I think this thread is a general fail.
    Well, voice your opinion on how you think Burks played at PG.

No one more annoying than someone who thinks they're 100% right when it comes to conjecture.

Banned
    Of course thats goddamned proof

I still think that if the jazz used burks like they should have from the first game of last year, then we would have a very talented and effective 2 guard right now.... instead they are trying to make him into something that he is not and are not using him properly.

Last night it was great to see him hitting those outside jumpers, but that is not his game..... It seems like the jazz try to take away everything that he is good at, and intead try to force him to do things that he struggles with, so i expect him to look bad.
    He should be getting a few iso plays each game, and some pick and roll situations. They should have him doing back door cuts and flashes to hoop (similar to ronnie brewer type plays) to use his athleticism.

Instead, he brings the ball up and passes into the post and then mostly stands on the 3 point line waiting for a kick out so he take a long jump shot.... or he just sets screens down low to help al get the ball in post.

The entire time Burks was being guarded by Jimmer I kept thinking that he should blow by him and throw it down. That was the only negative that I really had with Burks' game last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?