Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    ^
    yup

(sorry, that was meant to be in response to fishon's post)
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    The entire time Burks was being guarded by Jimmer I kept thinking that he should blow by him and throw it down. That was the only negative that I really had with Burks' game last night.
    If burks was to do that, then i think corbin would be pissed and tinsley would come in for him.
    Beating your man off the dribble and getting to the rim is NOT jazz basketball.
    He has learned to just keep feeding the post if he wants minutes.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    The entire time Burks was being guarded by Jimmer I kept thinking that he should blow by him and throw it down. That was the only negative that I really had with Burks' game last night.
    He looked terrible trying to bring the ball up the court and set up the offense, he looked pretty good when he was able to play the 2

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I was just happy to see Burks get important minutes. I thought he did a decent job when he was out there. He was not the only one standing around at the end when AJ and Millsap hogged the ball. From the beginning I thought Burks could play some minutes at backup PG. I think he will get better the more he plays, something many of you forget. It is not like he was a PG coming into the league. I think he will learn when to be aggressive and when to hold back. Right now he is being conservative because he has been getting yanked when he does too much.

I see a lot of improvement with Burks trying to run the offense. I think the Jazz should unleash him a little more but I am most happy about him playing meaningful minutes.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Burks did make a crossover in the 1st half that had Zimmer out of position. He had a lane to the hoop, didn't take it. Settled for,
    and clanked a jump shot instead. Those are mistakes he's going to make. He also had the turnovers early on as well.
    Thankfully he played through them, Ty kept him in, and he played better. It's going to take some rough patches to get where we want with these young guys.
    We can't live, and die with every mistake they make.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    We can't live, and die with every mistake they make.
    This.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Good points here, trying to put a circle where a square belongs, coming along with the offense, looks held back. I would add that he is learning when to take the ball to the rim, he goes head down sometimes into a sea of opponents and commits a TO as a result.
    Chop it!!!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Not a PG. I guess he can play it when need be, but we will be better off with an actual backup PG (one that can actually shooter and not a dinosaur).

The biggest problem is ball handling. Also, being a PG takes away from his biggest strengths. He just isn't that fast dribbling the basketball, but he does have a nice 1st step off the catch.

ALSO, I think it would have been sweet to post Burks up last night. There were a couple of times Burks entered the ball to Jefferson nearly 20 feet away from the rim, the paint was relatively free, Burks cuts into the paint, then leaves. I felt like he could have posted Thomas and gotten a lot of easy buckets or forced the defense to collapse.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    There were also 3 or 4 times Burks was wide open on that flex cut right under the hoop and whomever had the ball at the top of the key ... foye, williams, sap, tinsley missed him

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think generally some people get confused between a true PG and someone who has the ability to bring the ball up the court and pass the ball to the next guy.
    This is Alec .. which with some teams can be sufficient, but not normally the case.

I much prefer a PG that understands the playbook, cold. One that can not only get the ball over half court, but read the defense while doing so and already have several plays in mind .. playing chess on the court. Then, if all else fails .. call a play, direct the offense, shoot the gaps, and make the pass to complete the play.

Elementary, I know.. but some people need to hear that it's more than being able to just bring the ball up and have a cross over.
    #dumptruckin

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I think generally some people get confused between a true PG and someone who has the ability to bring the ball up the court and pass the ball to the next guy.
    This is Alec .. which with some teams can be sufficient, but not normally the case.

I much prefer a PG that understands the playbook, cold. One that can not only get the ball over half court, but read the defense while doing so and already have several plays in mind .. playing chess on the court. Then, if all else fails .. call a play, direct the offense, shoot the gaps, and make the pass to complete the play.

Elementary, I know.. but some people need to hear that it's more than being able to just bring the ball up and have a cross over.
    He didnt look so hot just bringing the ball across half court either though. Especially when its only against the great jimmer and baby IT.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
    There were also 3 or 4 times Burks was wide open on that flex cut right under the hoop and whomever had the ball at the top of the key ... foye, williams, sap, tinsley missed him
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that - these guys are at the top of the key to pass the ball; which makes me wonder if they're just going through the motion sometimes. Or maybe they stopped looking for cutters because no one cuts when Al is in the game.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that - these guys are at the top of the key to pass the ball; which makes me wonder if they're just going through the motion sometimes. Or maybe they stopped looking for cutters because no one cuts when Al is in the game.
    The Jazz don't have an offense when Al is in the game other than, give the ball to Al.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You can talk all you want about Burks not being a PG, or being a PG. When it comes down to it, put the ball in Burks' hands at the end of regulation yesterday, and ANYTHING he would have done would be better than Randy Foye dribbling around like an idiot and dishing to Big Al for a three... ANYTHING

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I fine with burks playing PG just as long as Hayward is in the game to handle the ball and if Mo is hurt!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png