Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    Jazz now projected to win tiebreaker over Lakers and get the 8th seed
    Fantastic. Because playing the spurs last year was sooooo much fun.... Lets repeat last year again! Doesn't that jusr excite you?
    Last edited by The Thriller; 02-10-2013 at 03:07 PM.
    Corbin sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    Wow it predicts we will play under 500 ball!?!
    Why not? The Jazz are a little over .500 as of late with a home-friendly schedule. After the break, the Jazz have some tough road trips coming up.
    JUST LOSE BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    I just can't see the Jazz winning with Tinsley and Watson. Nobody even has to guard them. It's unheard of. I've never seen a guard in the NBA that you can completely leave wide open and still have that player brick a shot. Never. It's pathetic. I know I'm beating up a dead horse, but I don't think we're getting to the playoffs with dinosaur guards. The Houston game exposed this weakness and I'm very well surprised that we're even close to winning some of these games.
    Well, we did have a certain guy named Brewer that the Lakers kept ignoring in the playoffs. And we had a certain $17M SF that you could completely ignore from outside. As for PG's, Jazz believe in the "pass-first" version. You don't need to shoot very well to be a starting PG for Utah...just ask Palacio, Knight, Hart or McLeod.
    JUST LOSE BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    Well, we did have a certain guy named Brewer that the Lakers kept ignoring in the playoffs. And we had a certain $17M SF that you could completely ignore from outside. As for PG's, Jazz believe in the "pass-first" version. You don't need to shoot very well to be a starting PG for Utah...just ask Palacio, Knight, Hart or McLeod.
    Ah ****, can't believe I forgot about Hart and Knight. Good call MoTown. Brewer sucked too, but he was a smart cutter.
    EDIT- Those were backup PGs so it wasn't all game that the opponent didn't have to guard the PG position.

So I finally thought it might make sense to start including the actual odds of the Jazz making the playoffs besides just following their project and actual records.
    Buckle Up Jazz

Tank Watch Bottom (or is it Top?) 5:

1. Milwaukee Bucks 15-66 L2
    2. Philadelphia 76ers 18-63 W1
    3. Orlando Magic 23-58 L3
    4. Utah Jazz 24-57 L5
    5. Boston Celtics 25-56 L1

The odds of the Jazz making the playoffs jumped quite a bit after last night's win.
    Buckle Up Jazz

4. Utah Jazz 24-57 L5

Hollinger still thinks we'll go 12 - 16 from here.
    The Jazz play like azz when the J ain't workin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    Hollinger still thinks we'll go 12 - 16 from here.
    With the Lakers and Portland 4 1/2 back and Dallas 6 back, even an 11-17 finish and 41-41 overall record might be good enough to grab that all-important 8th seed. Finishing 8th is like being one of those sacrificial lambs that face the NCAA big boys early in the year to get them warmed up for the rest of football season.
    JUST LOSE BABY!

Banned
    I'm very pessimistic, but after looking at the remaining schedule even I can't see the Jazz doing as bad as 12-16.

Quote Originally Posted by The Norm View Post
    I'm very pessimistic, but after looking at the remaining schedule even I can't see the Jazz doing as bad as 12-16.
    I've got good news for you then. The Hollinger Playoff Odds now project a 13-15 finish for the Jazz after the break.
    Buckle Up Jazz

4. Utah Jazz 24-57 L5

It's interesting to note that even though the Lakers are projected to miss the playoffs, they still won the championship in 10 of the 5000 simulated seasons.
    Buckle Up Jazz

4. Utah Jazz 24-57 L5

Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    I've got good news for you then. The Hollinger Playoff Odds now project a 13-15 finish for the Jazz after the break.
    Jazz will go 20-8. Have faith brothers...

Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    Not a surprise, we beat one the best teams-the Thunder- by a significant margin. Most of Hollinger's numbers are based on point differential.
    Build a man a fire; keep him warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of this life.

Repeating the same actions and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

Banned
    Am I the only poster not scared of the Spurs? I know they're always our daddies, but our outside shooting is in another realm this year.

If Burks and Hayward keep continuing their progress, it will be a much different series this year if we meet them.

-George

Lowest circle of hell, watching the Jazz on standard def on a tube tv.
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Am I the only poster not scared of the Spurs? I know they're always our daddies, but our outside shooting is in another realm this year.

If Burks and Hayward and Ty Corbin keep continuing their progress, it will be a much different series this year if we meet them.

-George
    Fixed it. Ty is learning, and needs playoff experience too. Popovich mopped the floor with Ty last year.

What would a trade do to the playoff odds? If the Jazz had a couple more victories or defeats I think they would be more inclined to make a move but they are stuck in the middle. Irregaurdless of a trade, the Jazz have two tought road trips after the break. March 4-9 @ Mil, @ Cle, @ Chi, @ NYK. Then a Tour of Texas, March 20 at Houston, March 22 at SAS and March 24 at Dallas.

Good news is the schedule spaces out well, Jazz only play back to back twice, and 15 home games to 13 on the road.
    The book I want to write: From Showtime to spreadsheet - How analytics killed the NBA.