Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    So that makes you an expert on his positions? It came off petty, that's all I am saying.
    If you and GVC agree on something, I definitely need to think about it...
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    If you and GVC agree on something, I definitely need to think about it...

GVC? I must have missed what he said. Was it a rep?

Also I bet i can think of some areas that GVC and I agree.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    I try to treat everyone as an individual. I don't recall babe, specifically, calling for more government control in any other area of life.
    Speaking of the Federal Government, I believe the Federal Government should have sufficient tariffs on all imports to offset the costs of our onshore production regulations, including social welfare safety net taxes and contributions to social security, and federal environmental regulations, and wage differentials, for example. I also believe our Federal Government should absolutely control our borders against foreign armies and illegal immigrations, except in times of genocide ongoing and perhaps other contigencies that are indeed life-threatening to people who are seeking refuge. And the Federal Government should have a defined path for citizenship by all immigrants of any kind, legal, illegal, or refugee that amounts to a "level playing field".

I would support our Federal Government in denying citizenship to people if they have conflicting loyalties to foreign powers, groups known to oppose American Constitutional governance, criminal rings or gangs which claim some kind of superior allegiance in conflict with supporting our Constitutional government.

Our Constitution contains very few limitations imposed on States, or on the People. . . .. most of those involve restricting states from violation of civil rights granted in the Bill of Rights and other Amendments.

But you are right, I generally feel that there are better ways to do things than under the powers of government, whether federal, state, county, or city.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    Voter id would have prevented this? How?

This is the problem with voter id, it disenfranchises lots of people, and doesn't even solve the "problem" it's supposedly meant to solve.
    I didn't mention anything about voter ID in this thread.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    I didn't mention anything about voter ID in this thread.
    Well since voter id is the type of fraud most dems say is insignificant, I just assumed that's what you were talking about.

As for other types of voter fraud, dems are quick to point out that it exists and its mostly republicans getting busted for it. Didn't the RNC drop an organization during the run-up to the election for fraudulently registering voters?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    Well since voter id is the type of fraud most dems say is insignificant, I just assumed that's what you were talking about.

As for other types of voter fraud, dems are quick to point out that it exists and its mostly republicans getting busted for it. Didn't the RNC drop an organization during the run-up to the election for fraudulently registering voters?
    LOL Of course that's who they are going to point out.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...To-Voter-Fraud

http://www.truethevote.org/news/eigh...te-fraud-probe

http://www.examiner.com/article/numb...north-carolina

http://mdjonline.com/view/full_story...le-in-election

At least the GOP denounced and dropped the organization. If only Democrats would jettison ACORN...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I have carolinajazz, Conan, and The Thriller on Ignore and they still exist.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    I have carolinajazz, Conan, and The Thriller on Ignore and they still exist.
    but you can't be sure, man.

I've heard stories about Ain't, Trout, and Kicky, even, knowing how to make up names and being dupes.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    LOL Of course that's who they are going to point out.

At least the GOP denounced and dropped the organization. If only Democrats would jettison ACORN...
    Only the Republican party is prevented by court order from engaging in activities that result in voter caging, because the general self-interest for Republicans is to decrease the number of voters, while the Democrats want to increase the number of voters.

ACORN doesn't exist anymore. Democrats agreed to cut off a lot of it's funding, desptie there being no actual voter registration scandals (ACORN itself worked diligently to mark any questionable voter registration forms).

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    More hilarity at the expense of our voting system. This time they were caught. How many haven't been?

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/2...m-ballots.html

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    More hilarity at the expense of our voting system. This time they were caught. How many haven't been?

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/2...m-ballots.html
    Nobody was "caught". The fraudulent ballot requests streaming in from a few IP addresses were simply not mailed out because these requests were too obvious to be safely ignored.

The investigation was about as enthusiastic as politically-dependent elections officials will ever be about "catching" politically-interested elections-riggers. They conveniently did everything necessary not to catch their patrons.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Compared to some other aspect of ballot fraud, this is penny-ante. As long as there is both voting and political power, there will be ballot fraud and tricks with voter registration.