Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LA Cop Killer

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Boondocksaint27 View Post
    His first murders were his ex and her new boyfriend. Your "rooting" for vindication on that? How do you know LAPD is as corrupt as it gets? Because of the one rampart incident in which a hundred different movies were based? This guys manifesto threatens children and spouses. Have you read it? The only "truth" in him has already been revealed.
    No, vindication on having been very potentially wrongfully terminated because of massive corruption.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Here's a few incidents here Boondock. All fairly recently too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/lapd-corruption

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post

George here. Hi, I am George.

-George

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    George here. Hi, I am George.

-George
    Haha, George, thanks George.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Boondocksaint27 View Post
    His first murders were his ex and her new boyfriend. Your "rooting" for vindication on that? How do you know LAPD is as corrupt as it gets? Because of the one rampart incident in which a hundred different movies were based? This guys manifesto threatens children and spouses. Have you read it? The only "truth" in him has already been revealed.
    I lived in LA when that Rampart thing went down and let me tell you, it wasn't "one" incident.

It was "one" cop blowing the whistle on hundreds of "incidents" that had been taking place for years. And all the while people had been saying LAPD was corrupt fur years, but the LAPD, of course, denied it at every level.

When Rampart went down the only shocking thing about it was some of those guys actually got busted. The actual corruption was already widely known.

Also, during and after that Rampart incident, it was widely known that the corruption didn't slow down in the LAPD. All it did was give the LAPD the opportunity to act like they had addressed the corruption in the media. The reality was they didn't do anything to address the corruption outside of that one precinct. And even in that one precinct, the only action they took was specific to what that one whistle blower cop was personally involved with. It's not like they did a thorough investigation and found their own corruption in other precincts.

On another note, I didn't know they made any movies about that. I thought it was just a local story that got swept under the rug. Are any of them any good? I'd like to check one out and see how Hollywood told the story.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Now I know you're Dala.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    They are apparently using drones to track him down now:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...lled-policeman

A senior police source said: “The thermal imaging cameras the drones use may be our only hope of finding him. On the ground, it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack.”

Asked directly if drones have already been deployed, Riverside Police Chief Sergio Diaz, who is jointly leading the task force, said: “We are using all the tools at our disposal.”

The use of drones was later confirmed by Customs and Border Patrol spokesman Ralph DeSio, who revealed agents have been prepared for Dorner to make a dash for the Mexican border since his rampage began.

He said: “This agency has been at the forefront of domestic use of drones by law enforcement. That’s all I can say at the moment.”
    And what will surely be one of the biggest issues in 21st century America officially begins now.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    On another note, I didn't know they made any movies about that. I thought it was just a local story that got swept under the rug. Are any of them any good? I'd like to check one out and see how Hollywood told the story.
    I lived in the SoCal area for 5 years and yeah, LAPD is corrupt.

Regarding movies, try Training Day. The FX series The Shield is pretty good too.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

The LAPD has 9,985 sworn officers. Based on the stories you linked to I would estimate that 10-15 did wrong (allegedly because it does not detail the outcomes of the investigations in the report I read and the Huffington Post is all about sensationalism). Not one of those stories appeared to be racially motivated. Yet Dorner describes in his manifesto that he is motivated by what he believes is racism. So, because of these stories that don't fit what Dorner is describing, you're rooting for him.

Also I didn't get out of those stories that the LAPD is currently rampant with corruption. In the one story while critical of uses of force, surprisingly the Huffington Post says:The efforts, undertaken under a federal court order, have yielded results: The city's crime rate is the lowest in four decades, and police are getting praise from communities, including minorities and gays, that had historically complained about mistreatment.

I guess we just have differing views on this guy.

Edit: I'm not saying that some bad things didn't go down with Rampart on a grand scale. But I have yet to see anything that lends credibility to his allegations, and even if it did he's already lost any ability to state his case by committing out and out homicide repeatedly.
    Last edited by Boondocksaint27; 02-10-2013 at 09:38 PM.
    Erin Go Bragh

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    They are apparently using drones to track him down now:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...lled-policeman

And what will surely be one of the biggest issues in 21st century America officially begins now.
    Damn government using the available technology to capture mass murdering serial killers.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Damn government using the available technology to capture mass murdering serial killers.
    I haven't heard of drones being just used to spot a fleeing suspect and tracking him/her so authorities can apprehend, and charge as evidence may indicate, and hold for trial.

the drones Obama loves don't do any of that.

They find a target and direct some programmable missile to the site.

I think what would become an issue is if police start doing what Obama does.

Could save a lot of expense for strapped cities whose funds have been sucked into the LIBOR scandal rigged bond markets, and lost to banks too big to fail. . . . .I could see how the city fathers might think it's about all they have left, and this would enable them to just close the local courts and clear the streets. . . . .Maybe even some State HP forces could take a step up in efficiency. . . . it does put officers at unnecessary risk to have to turn on the red and blue flashers and worry about being hit by traffic or shot by someone as they approach.

Yep, we should just go for all the technology we have flat out.

but I bet some damned lawyers will just feel their livelihood is threatened by efficiency like this, and will raise a helluva stink. . . ..

That's why we're just going broke.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I wonder if Dorner is even IN the area they're searching. The police are so idioitc they don't even know if the axle on the truck that was found was broken BEFORE the tow truck hooked it up to haul it off. Geez, do you think someone should have preserved the scene until a proper inspection could have been done. I'm betting Dorner planted the truck and set it on fire. While 100's of officers investigate that area, he's been elsewhere. Of course there's also the possibility he wants a shootout, taking as many with him before he goes out in a hail of bullets. But I doubt it; he has a personal vendetta. He'll likely go after specific people. Let's hope he's caught before he can kill anyone else.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    I wonder if Dorner is even IN the area they're searching. The police are so idioitc they don't even know if the axle on the truck that was found was broken BEFORE the tow truck hooked it up to haul it off. Geez, do you think someone should have preserved the scene until a proper inspection could have been done. I'm betting Dorner planted the truck and set it on fire. While 100's of officers investigate that area, he's been elsewhere. Of course there's also the possibility he wants a shootout, taking as many with him before he goes out in a hail of bullets. But I doubt it; he has a personal vendetta. He'll likely go after specific people. Let's hope he's caught before he can kill anyone else.
    I think its safe to assume he isn't

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    No, vindication on having been very potentially wrongfully terminated because of massive corruption.
    Seems that this guy is going off about his name being ruined. Well he now ruined his name for good. Killing? This guy will more than likely be killed if he isnt dead already. Good riddance.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Right.....That's why the government itself projects there is going to be 30,000 drones in America's skies within the decade, just to capture mass murderers and deliver tacos I'm sure. That number obviously just a trial balloon # anyway that they are throwing out there just to see if people greet that fact with a smile or not. The real number will be much higher. Think...more like this. You're at a 4th of July parade with your family...minding your own business.... a drone sweeps overhead with its facial recognition abilities...picks you out of the crowd for having unpaid tickets and some little rent-a-cop magically appears on the ground to harass you about it. It doesn't have to extend to lethality, though you don't even want there to be that option in the first place.