Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Level
    Burks, at 6'6", has been defended recently by 5'8" Isaiah Thomas twice, 5'8" Nate Robinson, 6' 150lb Brandon Jennings. He has to deal with their quickness when they have the ball, the tight defense when he's dribbling - all the disadvantages of being a bigger PG. How many times has Corbin allowed him to take advantage of his size against those little farts with post ups? The three games against IT and NR are like a 6'10" player playing against a 6'0". Pretty sure the number of post ups called for Burks is zero. Thanks, Corbin!

Rep Level
    Yeah really surprised Burks has never posted up. The couple post ups I remember he did were nice. He can basically just turn around and jump over the defender to get a shot.

Rep Level
    Burks played a really good game tonight. I like Alec and hope that he can continue to receive time at the point.
    He seems to be adapting as we'll as can be expected at this point in time.

I would have no problem with Alec continuing the rest of the season playing the point, and seeing where he is at with a few more months behind him. If he can continue to improve, which I think he will, he may be able to bring us into the level of the super guard movement which seems to be taking over.

Rep Level
    Last edited by PointGod_AlecBurks; 03-02-2013 at 01:07 AM.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PointGod_AlecBurks View Post
    Underkanter, hear me out. our best players are 22(gordo) 21(burks, favors) kanter (20) we have 2 draft picks(Michael Jordan turned 22 his rookie season). the jazz are sandbagging right now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandbagging_%28racing%29 ,its just a ruse.

the coaches are obviously lying(especially hornacek, hes a bad liar[speaking about his body language during interviews]) corbin answers questions like hes got a plan, and people want to ask him about **** they figured out months ago. they know theyre sandbagging, they just cant make it obvious (because we're way classier than GSW) and because its really bad for the integrity of the game. we infact have an embarrassment of riches, and were doing a damn amazing job hiding them(its painful to watch sometimes). i live on the eastcoast and all my friends think milsap and jefferson are our best players.

i kinda think the kids have been told listen, were gonna **** on your minutes because KOC doesnt want to go for it right now, were still in asset gathering mode. when time frees-up these kids have to believe they will get the treatment of these vets, so they are happily preparing for that moment, they all know we have all the cap room and there all restricted so they dont have a choice.

they are screwing with these kids on purpose, its working... theyre all showing huge progress... no?

its easy to get angry about it. but when you go to these forums youd think we were the knicks in the 2000's with 35 year old marbury and steve francis on max, no young talent and no draft picks, or youd think we were the clippers of the darius miles michael oliwakandi days with all failed draft picks. not you specifically because i really feel for anyone as dedicated as you staying up at odd hours to see limited minutes

but theres definitely some crying over spilt milk going on, on jazzfanz. the kids seem genuinely happy to me(and they all look to really maximize their minutes, especially kanter and burks)

theres a faction of people here bragging how they wont watch their favorite team, the kids are going no-where, boggles my mind to see some reactions on this board, panic and despair are the conclusions of fools.

if you really think the team is stuck in its ways, you should bet against the jazz every 1st quarter, KOC and ty are handing out free $$ if you think of it that way...

Rep Level

Rep Level
    Can anyone get a video up of Burks 25 point game tonight? When I'm having trouble sleeping I'd like to use it as my pacifier.

Rep Level
    He's played well at the 1 even though he isn't your prototype PG. He can get our team into the offense just fine.
    You have some idiots on here who are saying he's an average ball-handler, blah blah blah. The fact is he's
    played just as good since Mo went down, as the vet PGs. So if Burks is an average ball handler, over dribbler what
    is their excuse? All of this while he was tied down to the bench for most of the season, and thrust into his secondary position. All things considered
    he's played very well for the situation he's been given.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Rep Level
    Burks does need to work on his dribbling skills. This is something he can do in the off season though, because this boy shouldn't be riding the pine anymore.

Rep Level
    The best part is....

All of the knocks on his game are things that can be improved through practice.

ball-handling? over-dribbling? Easily solvable with proper coaching.

he has a good feel for the game, is surprising mega agile.

He really reminds me of westbrook in his rookie year (also basically a 2 transitioning to the 1).

Out of control at times, but impressive athleticism and flashes of point guard brilliance.

I'm starting to think that RW is his ceiling.

Rep Level
    He should be playing shooting guard. When Hay comes back he and Hay should be sharing ball-handle-N responsibilities. I don't care what position Burks plays really, as long as he gets time on the court over on-the-verge-of-retirement vets, though when Hayward comes back he's got a track record of screwing Burks, or Demarre, for someone who doesn't help the team win now, and doesn't matter in the future, but whom he feels some odd obligation to give minutes to.

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    He's played well at the 1 even though he isn't your prototype PG. He can get our team into the offense just fine.
    You have some idiots on here who are saying he's an average ball-handler, blah blah blah. The fact is he's
    played just as good since Mo went down, as the vet PGs. So if Burks is an average ball handler, over dribbler what
    is their excuse?
    All of this while he was tied down to the bench for most of the season, and thrust into his secondary position. All things considered
    he's played very well for the situation he's been given.
    1.He is absolutely an average ball handler

2. Their excuse is they both should probably be retired right now

3. He has played well recently lets hope it continues

Rep Level

Rep Level
    Last edited by PointGod_AlecBurks; 03-02-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PointGod_AlecBurks View Post
    is he an average ball handler for a PG, or an average ball handler for a oversized pg? the first one i can agree with, 2nd one not so much. like i said before its apples and oranges
    You're clueless. Burks' ball-handling is average AT BEST for any guard in this league. And your earlier post about coaching ball-handling shows just how clueless you are. Burks isn't 10 years old. He either has ball-handling skills by this point or he doesn't. Sure, he can tighten up his handle some and work on it but for the most part, if it's going to get better, it's going to be very marginally better.