Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Possible PG for Jazz next year?

http://www.eurobasket.com/Israel/bas...?NewsID=306931

Update on the Israel PG (Gal Mekel) that the Jazz tried to bring into camp but couldn't because of visa issues. I like the kids attitude. He had a great game but took the loss hard because he seems to be a competitor.

I hope he is still on the Jazz radar for next year. I would love to upgrade our back up/starting PG position. Has anyone seen the kid play and if so, do you think he can play in the NBA?

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He'll be 25 and a half when next season starts. I'm infinitely more interested in Burke, MCW or one of these other college guys.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You make it should like 25 is old. Jazz need a guy who can step in and play a role right away. Not some 19 year old that will sit on the bench for two years. Besides the fact that I think Gal is more of a backup PG. I just haven't seen enough of the kid to have an informed opinion.

Obviously, the Jazz front office saw something they liked because they wanted to bring him to camp. Having a 25 year PG doesn't seem so bad, considering that both Tinsley and Watson are older than dirt.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    PG for next year is Mo Williams, whether you love him or hate him, Jazz will re-sign him and he'll be running the point next season

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    He'll be 25 and a half when next season starts. I'm infinitely more interested in Burke, MCW or one of these other college guys.
    If we have to get a prospect from Europe it should be Dario Saric. He can play 3/4 spots, good shooter and rebounder also got a nice court vision. At Nike Hoop Summit 2012 he scored 13 points, 14 rebounds and made 5 assists. I am expecting he'll get selected at mid first round and we got a good chance of getting him. His playing style closer to NBA than many other young European prospects and i think he can be the next Gallinari.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Why not make a run at a guy like Jarret Jack. Look at his stats when he gets minutes. 47% FG 40% 3PT. Good assist numbers. Not a spring chicken but a legit starter. Would probably cost less than the midlevel.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Feldheimer View Post
    Why not make a run at a guy like Jarret Jack. Look at his stats when he gets minutes. 47% FG 40% 3PT. Good assist numbers. Not a spring chicken but a legit starter. Would probably cost less than the midlevel.
    I would like jarret jack... i dont know if he will be available or at what cost, but i think he would be a good pg for us

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post
    http://www.eurobasket.com/Israel/bas...?NewsID=306931

Update on the Israel PG (Gal Mekel) that the Jazz tried to bring into camp but couldn't because of visa issues. I like the kids attitude. He had a great game but took the loss hard because he seems to be a competitor.

I hope he is still on the Jazz radar for next year. I would love to upgrade our back up/starting PG position. Has anyone seen the kid play and if so, do you think he can play in the NBA?
    https://twitter.com/mowilliams/statu...43667094269952
    "What the hell Bill Simmons talking about the jazz need a point guard. What the hell position have I been playing all yr? #smh #espn #cmon"
    i may quote myself from other treads... sue me!

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post
    You make it should like 25 is old. Jazz need a guy who can step in and play a role right away. Not some 19 year old that will sit on the bench for two years. Besides the fact that I think Gal is more of a backup PG. I just haven't seen enough of the kid to have an informed opinion.

Obviously, the Jazz front office saw something they liked because they wanted to bring him to camp. Having a 25 year PG doesn't seem so bad, considering that both Tinsley and Watson are older than dirt.
    The Jazz have brought a lot of people to camp who never sniffed an NBA court.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Feldheimer View Post
    Is he a UFA? If so, I concur. I'd rather sign him to 2-3 years at 3.5M per than Mo at 2-3 years and 7M per.

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'd rather sign him to 2-3 years at 3.5M per than Mo at 2-3 years and 7M per.
    What makes you think Mo's going to get double what Jack gets? Jack may be an MLE player again. Even at that price, he'd be a useful addition.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Someone tell me his stats, because I see a 2.1 ppg, 1 apg PG in 8 minutes.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    What makes you think Mo's going to get double what Jack gets? Jack may be an MLE player again. Even at that price, he'd be a useful addition.
    I just quickly threw out some numbers but I threw those out thinking Mo gets paid on name recognition and being seen as a starter by some teams while JJ's a sort of nobody and seen as a starter by virtually no one.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I just quickly threw out some numbers but I threw those out thinking Mo gets paid on name recognition and being seen as a starter by some teams while JJ's a sort of nobody and seen as a starter by virtually no one.
    Jarret Jack it is, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Jarret Jack it is, then.
    One point guard who fits into the odd renegotiate-and-extend framework brought up by Frank is Kyle Lowry. Not sure if the Jazz have the assets to pry him away. Neither he nor Jack are spectacular, but, if they come at a decent price, are fine until better options are available.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587